Cannabis confiscated at Schipol Airport

Getting there and getting around.
meka

Cannabis confiscated at Schipol Airport

Post by meka »

Hi there, I’m sure this question has been asked many times before and apologies if I have this in the wrong section, but Sunday evening last I was putting my items on the tray for security when the lady asked me to empty my pockets. While doing so I found less than a gram of weed in my pocket and showed it to the security officer. She said that because it was under a security camera that she would have to call the police. So a nice polite officer arrived eventually and just smiled and said it’s only a small amount but I have to confiscate it. My worry now is that it’s going to be on my record/passport forever more and prevent me from entering other countries, more so USA as my wife is from there and we fly there a lot to visit her family etc. Can anyone here please ease my anxiety I’m having right now, or point me in the direction of somewhere I can find out more “official” information on the matter? Thanks in advance.

DjShaggy

Re: Cannabis confiscated at Schipol Airport

Post by DjShaggy »

what paperwork was you given? it sounds to me like it was taken off you and you were let on your way. was you interviewed? was you placed under arrest? what details were taken?

if it is as you say it is in your original post then your sound.

let this be a lesson to anyone else planning to bring home the delights of the dam, your pocket is not the place to store!
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
meka

Post by meka »

I was given one document, a custom confiscated document. I wasn’t interviewed, it was all done at the security scanners and was over in 5mins as my flight was leaving and I was told to go run and catch my flight. I subsequently missed the flight anyway and had to catch one the following morning. I was expecting some sort of extra searches going through security but I just walked straight through, would it take time to appear on my passport if it was to appear on it or do you think it was just confiscated from me and that was it? It was literally the size of a fingernail.

Lesson to everyone else, double check ALL your pockets and bags before you go through security. I wasn’t intentionally trying to bring it out of the country, I was just very careless.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

if you're really worried (I wouldn't be personally - I've literally been laughed at by schipol staff for a similar scenario) I'd speak with a solicitor - there isn't anyone here that can give you credible advice to set your mind at ease I'm afraid.
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

OneHighMofo wrote: Tue 27th Feb 2018 06:23 pm if you're really worried (I wouldn't be personally - I've literally been laughed at by schipol staff for a similar scenario) I'd speak with a solicitor - there isn't anyone here that can give you credible advice to set your mind at ease I'm afraid.
THIS

but personally i wouldn't be at all concerned.
macky

Post by macky »

I had run in with german border patrol and a dog….I lost :D
I had just had under 6 grams, made me sign piece paper sent me on my way .
Been in out eu 5.6 time sense never heard a word about it.
Now let me tell you about US zero tolerance policy………..
meka

Post by meka »

macky wrote: Tue 27th Feb 2018 07:08 pm I had run in with german border patrol and a dog….I lost :D
Have you been to the US since it happened?
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

I also know someone with a fairly serious conviction for cultivation that travels to the US on a regular basis (couple times a year on business) and has never noted that conviction on the declaration form... that's not advice, but if you weren't charged with an offence - I can't see why you'd have any problems.
Caveat: asking for advice from stoners probably isn't the best course of action
meka

Post by meka »

OneHighMofo wrote: Tue 27th Feb 2018 08:12 pm I also know someone with a fairly serious conviction for cultivation that travels to the US on a regular basis (couple times a year on business) and has never noted that conviction on the declaration form... that's not advice, but if you weren't charged with an offence - I can't see why you'd have any problems.
Caveat: asking for advice from stoners probably isn't the best course of action
Thanks for your reply. I tried ringing Schipol airport today and tried to talk to customs but they weren’t very helpful at all. Surely there are ways/avenues you can go to find out if USA border control can see that I had it confiscated? I am asking “stoners” as I would like to see if anyone had a similar experience like me. I think professional legal advice is the way to go now though to ease my mind.
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

IF it was me (it wouldnt be but if) i would carry on with my life and pretend like it never happened. off you go to the states and dont mention it, if they bring it up then yes you have to come clean and youl probably get sent packin.

it sounds like you were basically told not to do it again and that your a very naughty boy

in future hide it in your bag!
macky

Post by macky »

meka wrote: Tue 27th Feb 2018 07:40 pm [quote=macky post_id=412076 time=<a href="tel:1519758488">1519758488</a> user_id=112449]
I had run in with german border patrol and a dog….I lost :D
Have you been to the US since it happened?
[/quote]
Zero tolerance,never even tell them you smoke pot ,many are being turned round for that :D
You where not charged forget about it ,do not start making more paper by calling custom whatever,
My country like a few in EU have americain preenter costoms ,this means if your not getting in your not getting on the plane :D
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Do they still ask you when you try to enter the US if you've committed genocide? The correct answer is not, 'Yes, but not for ages.'

When I go to Amsterdam, I have a designated Guilty Pocket. Smoke and apparatus all goes into it, and when the sad time comes to bid the city farewell, I make sure that the Guilty Pocket is now as innocent as every other pocket (which, however, I check as well, because mistakes can be made). Easier said than done, I know, but I've only slipped up once (and going overland means that slipping it into a tobacco pouch is probably safe).
macky

Post by macky »

I repeat do not tell them you have ever smoked or god forbid your on canna vacation :mrgreen:
I know people who own property in Florida ,made mastake in mentioning there medical pot prescription and poof took money and six months to get waver.
Under Trump border patrol has be come no laughing matter .
But if you have no record it,s great place to visit ...they let me in :lol:
meka

Post by meka »

macky wrote: Tue 27th Feb 2018 11:29 pm I repeat do not tell them you have ever smoked or god forbid your on canna vacation :mrgreen:
I know people who own property in Florida ,made mastake in mentioning there medical pot prescription and poof took money and six months to get waver.
Under Trump border patrol has be come no laughing matter .
But if you have no record it,s great place to visit ...they let me in :lol:
So you got into USA with no issues? Speaking to a mate eaelier and he got caught with an ounce of weed in an Irish airport and has travelled to USA and Egypt with no issues. Just luck of the draw I guess..