AMSTERDAM OUTSKIRTS

Getting there and getting around.
petty

AMSTERDAM OUTSKIRTS

Post by petty »

Obliged if someone could suggest outskirts of Amsterdam worth visiting using a local day ticket.Will be staying at Vondel Park.I am aware of the possibilities of using the metro to Amsterdam Noord .Sometimes suburbs are not the most interesting of places but there can be exceptions. Speaking as someone who until now has always walked or cycled around the Dam and never ridden a tram or GVB bus.Any suggestions appreciated.

FlyByNite

Re: AMSTERDAM OUTSKIRTS

Post by FlyByNite »

RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

petty wrote: Fri 31st Aug 2018 11:32 am Obliged if someone could suggest outskirts of Amsterdam worth visiting using a local day ticket.Will be staying at Vondel Park.I am aware of the possibilities of using the metro to Amsterdam Noord .Sometimes suburbs are not the most interesting of places but there can be exceptions. Speaking as someone who until now has always walked or cycled around the Dam and never ridden a tram or GVB bus.Any suggestions appreciated.
Amsterdam Zuid is quite nice and it's not too far from Vondel, I recommend De Kade Coffeeshop (30-40 min walk from Vondel) it's down by an articial lake, lovely for chilling in good weather, DNA Coffeeshop is close by too and Beatrix Park is wonderful down that way, so much quieter than Vondel and more enclosed as it's more densely planted . The Olympic Stadium is also down there if that is of any interest.
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
petty

Post by petty »

Thanks to FBN and R...M.. .I had Haarlem in mind with regards to buying a day travel ticket as the walk from Vondel to Central Station via e.g. Siberie is a trek in itself without factoring in a Haarlem walkabout and secondly I appreciate the suggestion of Beatrix Park and reference to the Olympic Stadium which took my breath away the first time I glimpsed it from the airport bus headed for Leidseplein.
Much appreciated
Petty