Old man new iPad questions about TRRS jack

Tunes, bands and gigs.

Moderators: Balou, 2rollingstoned

Willjay

Re: Old man new iPad questions about TRRS jack

Post by Willjay »

hulldj wrote: Sun 28th Jun 2020 01:02 pm I'm a bit late to this party but do you have a laptop/pc/mac as well as the ipad?

The next step up may be to start using a program called OBS studios.

Let me know if you would like any further information if you are not already aware of it.
Yes, I finally figured out how to get decent audio into the iPad but the camera is limited, I’ll accept any help I can get. Even though Pennsylvania is handling the virus well our country is not so live streaming is the next new normal.

www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
hulldj

Post by hulldj »

OBS Open Broadcasting Software allows you to take audio and video inputs/outputs (tons of settings) and send them to a Live platform. Facebook, Youtube, Twitch, Periscope etc. The sound signal you are sending to the iphone would instead be sent to the laptop running OBS.

You then have the ability to use compressors, noise gates etc.

Web Cameras/mobile phone/ipad/tablet cameras can be linked in.

Overlays can be added to make the stream look a little fancier for the viewers. There may be ways to send overlays direct to Ipad but I have no experience, maybe someone else may be able to link up to other solutions in this thread.

You will find that there are loads of Youtube videos on setting up OBS, but most of it is promoted as video game streaming. Don't let that put you off, the instructions are basically the same for streaming any project.

Take a look at some of the software available below if this post has sparked your interest.

Streamelements.com
Obsproject.com
Streamlabs.com

Have fun.
Live.. Love... Laugh and dance more. Stay safe ACD
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

hulldj wrote: Mon 29th Jun 2020 01:35 am OBS Open Broadcasting Software allows you to take audio and video inputs/outputs (tons of settings) and send them to a Live platform. Facebook, Youtube, Twitch, Periscope etc. The sound signal you are sending to the iphone would instead be sent to the laptop running OBS.

You then have the ability to use compressors, noise gates etc.

Web Cameras/mobile phone/ipad/tablet cameras can be linked in.

Overlays can be added to make the stream look a little fancier for the viewers. There may be ways to send overlays direct to Ipad but I have no experience, maybe someone else may be able to link up to other solutions in this thread.

You will find that there are loads of Youtube videos on setting up OBS, but most of it is promoted as video game streaming. Don't let that put you off, the instructions are basically the same for streaming any project.

Take a look at some of the software available below if this post has sparked your interest.

Streamelements.com
Obsproject.com
Streamlabs.com

Have fun.
Thanks, I’ve got some reading this week :mrgreen:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

Some shameless self promotion starts 7:30 eastern standard time :mrgreen:

www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

Hello ACD just an update from an old man with a computer :D I’m waiting for windows 10 to arrive so I can update my laptop and try to down load the OSB software :shock: wish me luck, :lol:

My next set of questions will probably be either what did I do wrong trying to update to windows 10 or I need more info about webcams or does anybody know how this OSB works

Stay tuned for more trials and tribulations of an old man with a computer :mrgreen:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
hulldj

Post by hulldj »

Keep asking the questions.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/softwar ... /windows10

Official way to upgrade windows 7/8 to Windows 10 for free (if it still works) Link is from the Microsoft website. This was working a few weeks ago when I did my last win7 to 10 upgrade.
Live.. Love... Laugh and dance more. Stay safe ACD
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

hulldj wrote: Thu 23rd Jul 2020 10:38 pm Keep asking the questions.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/softwar ... /windows10

Official way to upgrade windows 7/8 to Windows 10 for free (if it still works) Link is from the Microsoft website. This was working a few weeks ago when I did my last win7 to 10 upgrade.
I’m old school bought a version from Microsoft with a disk, I have enough trouble with internet that I don’t want to depend on a down load of operating software, I will have to down load the OSB software

Stay tuned in and turned on :lol: :mrgreen:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
Royal Sanders

Post by Royal Sanders »

Thank you so much for sharing. It's very helpful to me.