F1 2021

Moderators: Balou, cantona7

Lemming
Site Admin

F1 2021

Post by Lemming »

To any fellow fans of watching cars go round and round in circles.

In amongst all of the strangeness of last year, I found the cobbled-together F1 season a bit of light relief.
With the new season about to start, excitement is rising.
From a combination of wishful thinking, watching which teams are smiling and testing times, my guesses are:

McLaren have closed the gap to the front.

Red Bull are looking good and the Honda engine has improved, to the benefit of Red Bull and AlphaTauri.

Aston Martin have gone backwards and have the weakest drivers (excluding the rookies).

Just for fun, this is my prediction of the pecking order going into the first race:

Red Bull
Mercedes
McLaren
AlphaTauri
Alpine
Ferrari
Aston Martin
Alfa Romeo
Williams
Haas

Lemming
Site Admin

Re: F1 2021

Post by Lemming »

As of today I'd say

Battle for 1st: Red Bull vs. McLaren vs. Merc
Battle for 4th: Ferrari vs. AlphaTauri
Battle for 6th: Alpine vs. Aston Martin vs. Alfa Romeo
9th Williams
10th Haas

Recipe for a good season maybe. Race on!
WLow

Post by WLow »

we all need to support this.

otherwise dude is gonna split https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hub_gUmkEHU
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

Lemming wrote: Fri 19th Mar 2021 05:24 pm
Just for fun, this is my prediction of the pecking order going into the first race:

Red Bull
Mercedes
McLaren
AlphaTauri
Alpine
Ferrari
Aston Martin
Alfa Romeo
Williams
Haas
Impressive, Lem.... So close.

Looking like a fun season if Bahrain was anything to go by...

Thought max might be in for a shot, but i never rule Lewis out... Arguably, the Red Bull is the better car this year, so maybe Lewis will get a little more credit; but my interest was in Perez... Obviously, the car is suited to Max, but Sergio has an ability to improve consistently, and raced a blinder considering his issues.

Midfield looks fairly even, with some awesome drivers mixed in there...

Thought Lando might get a podium, too... He's got a decent teammate, and looks far stronger than him... Fingers crossed for another Brit winner.

Aside from that;

Mazipin needs help,
Vettel needs Webber,
& Tsunoda needs his own Drive to Survive episode.

Finally, RIP Murray! :( "...Go, Go, Go!"
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Close? I think I underestimated Ferrari quite a bit.
I think McLaren still look superior to Ferrari but they're closer than I expected.
AlphaTauri look clear of the pack too.
That just leaves Alpine, Aston Martin and Alfa Romeo in the midfield, rendering that term obsolete.
Lando Norris (affectionately known as Spotty Boy around here) is doing a heroic job.
All the ingredients for a great season. :D 🏎
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

It's certainly developing into a great season.
There are now three distinct competitions going on in the championship.
At the front there's the great battle between Red Bull and Mercedes.
Behind them there's a brilliant duel between McLaren and Ferrari, almost reminiscent of seasons long past.
Then there's a third division contest of AlphaTauri vs. Aston Martin vs. Alpine.
Excellent stuff!
Bifton

Post by Bifton »

Lemming wrote: Mon 21st Jun 2021 06:11 pm It's certainly developing into a great season.
There are now three distinct competitions going on in the championship.
At the front there's the great battle between Red Bull and Mercedes.
Behind them there's a brilliant duel between McLaren and Ferrari, almost reminiscent of seasons long past.
Then there's a third division contest of AlphaTauri vs. Aston Martin vs. Alpine.
Excellent stuff!
Yes it's pretty much something for everyone this year and love that Hamilton has some real competition at last. I would have loved to see Russell replace Bottas, just to add to the pressure :wink:
As for McLaren, it is good to see them with a decent engine after Uncle Ron's strop cost us years of Honda Hell, and then for Honda to get it together after we switch back to Mercedes. I think Ferrari will be the team to watch for next season, LeClerc and Sainz seem to have gelled well and let's face it, Ferrari ain't short of funds and remember they don't mind photocopying other teams technical documents.... actually hold on, that was McLaren :wink:
And lastly yes, the Vettle v Alonso v Raikkonen battles have been fantastic. Raikkonen has always been one of my favourite drivers and I am actually starting to forgive Vettel for his strops at Ferrari.
Fingers crossed for the Zandvoort GP in September :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Yes i am loving the racing this season it has been much more open and a lot closer contest, Max Verstappen is looking top class and the car has a good set up and is quick. Lewis is out there fighting hard and i reckon we are going to have a top quality season overall. Another driver impressing me is Lando Norris he is driving really well and scoring points. Looking forward to todays race and seeing how Lando gets away and what Lewis can pull out to overtake Max. :D.
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D