Tour De France

Moderators: Balou, cantona7

Ghost

Tour De France

Post by Ghost »

Has any one been watching the Tour De France by any chance :?: I follow it when i can and the first couple of stages this year have been crazy. There have been some major crashes so far. One was caused by a spectator holding a banner and took a load of the pelliton out, then there was another crash shortly after that with bikes flying through the air. Then on the second day there was more serious crashes, some of the gravel scrapes from sliding down the road looked bad.
The highlights are on in the evening at 7pm on itv4 or you can catch up on their hub, worth just going and watching the 1st 2 stages for them crashes if you are not an avid fan.
Mark Cavendish quality sprinter won 2 stages already :D

Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
AzLaker

Re: Tour De France

Post by AzLaker »

I love watching the TDF :D These guys have some major cajones to do what their doing. Pogacar pretty much kicked everyone's butt this last stage.
If he keeps riding like this in the mountain stages, he'll win the title again.

AzLaker
8)
If you never do, you'll never know.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

AzLaker wrote: Sun 4th Jul 2021 01:37 pm I love watching the TDF :D These guys have some major cajones to do what their doing. Pogacar pretty much kicked everyone's butt this last stage.
If he keeps riding like this in the mountain stages, he'll win the title again.

AzLaker
8)
You are not wrong there Az :lol: especially when some of them roads look like oil slicks and they are flying down them. Pogacar is doing ok, he has had a few crashes himself, i am not sure he will win it this year myself. I think there is 3 or 4 riders that could win it this year, but anything can happen out on them roads.
So happy for Cavendish and he was overwhelmed himself for winning them stages as he didn't think he would ride the Tour again, think this will most probably be his last tour this year, well done lad :D :D
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Ghost wrote: Mon 5th Jul 2021 05:57 pm You are not wrong there Az :lol: especially when some of them roads look like oil slicks and they are flying down them. Pogacar is doing ok, he has had a few crashes himself, i am not sure he will win it this year myself. I think there is 3 or 4 riders that could win it this year, but anything can happen out on them roads.
So happy for Cavendish and he was overwhelmed himself for winning them stages as he didn't think he would ride the Tour again, think this will most probably be his last tour this year, well done lad :D :D
What is Cavendish, 35-36 years old and to win a stage at that age....nice. :D Plus he's one win away from the all time stage record. Good luck. :thumbup:
I see a couple of big names dropped out the race. Van der Poel dropped out and Roglic because of those earlier injuries he substained. Bummer.
It's getting interesting.

AzLaker
8)
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

AzLaker wrote: Mon 5th Jul 2021 08:19 pm
Ghost wrote: Mon 5th Jul 2021 05:57 pm You are not wrong there Az :lol: especially when some of them roads look like oil slicks and they are flying down them. Pogacar is doing ok, he has had a few crashes himself, i am not sure he will win it this year myself. I think there is 3 or 4 riders that could win it this year, but anything can happen out on them roads.
What is Cavendish, 35-36 years old and to win a stage at that age....nice. :D Plus he's one win away from the all time stage record. Good luck. :thumbup:
I see a couple of big names dropped out the race. Van der Poel dropped out and Roglic because of those earlier injuries he substained. Bummer.
It's getting interesting.

AzLaker
8)
Yes i think he is around 36 and you are right about the all time stage record. The stage tomorrow should suit him also, so may get it, never know. Yes a few big names have gone, Roglic had a couple of massive crashes and when he got up from one his suit was completely ruined with the gravel scrape, must be so sore.

I now think Pogacar is in a really good position for the overall win what with the drop-outs, still some racing to go though. Tomorrows stage will be a test for him and his team though and i think they will have to be watching out for breaks from a few teams and also a couple of teams working together to hinder him if possible.

@AzLaker 'It's getting interesting' - @Ghost 'Yes indeed it is buddy' looking forward to the upcoming stages :thumbup:
Bifton

Post by Bifton »

Yes I am loving it, especially since I have been working from home. This year's had a really bumpy start that wiped out a few of the favourites but that has lead to a few surprise results. Really wantd them to name and shame the person with the cardboard sign, just to see what a French village idiot looks like. What I like most is all the scenery and the helicopter shots. Got the proper mountain stages coming up so any predictions for King of the Mountains?
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Late to the party, but yeah, also watch when I get the chance, the missus isn't very interested and the stages are usually in work hours, but sometimes catch a bit..

Very cool race this year, and Vingegaard's performance on Mt Ventoux and at the time trial really gives hope for the future for that young Dane. Wonder if he can keep a hold of a podium position until Paris! :)
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

I also love the scenic shots and all the countryside and mountain views, stunning :D .

If he does not suffer any serious injuries and does not have to pull out, then i personally think NAIRO QUINTANA will take 'King of the Mountain' as he seems to be consistent overall, although todays stage he was not so good :lol: WOUT VAN AERT had a great stage today over that killer of mountain today and that has helped him close the gap and he looks in great shape also. MICHAEL WOODS is in a good spot at the moment, so has a good chance to. It is going to be good riding over the next few stages and can all change just like that. :D

JONAS VINGEGAARD has shown great riding skills and impressed me today over the mountain and sits in 11th position in the 'king of the Mountain' rankings so looks good for you Danes and is very promising rider :D

Mark Cavendish still sits in a good position in the 'Points' rankings with 218 points and followed by MICHAEL MATTHEWS in second with 160 points.

TADEJ POGACAR of team UAE TEAM EMIRATES tops the 'Individual' rankings followed by RIGOBERTO URAN of team EF EDUCATION - NIPPO and then followed by JONAS VINGEGAARD of team JUMBO - VISMA :thumbup:

So far it has been a great race and i am loving it, lets hope for some more great stages and racing :D
Bifton

Post by Bifton »

Edit:
Well I am glad you agree about the visuals, I'm not big into bicycles but it's what got me hooked on it. You get to see the absolute best bits of France, its like being on a train if you get what I mean. Only really been watching it properly since 2017 and got proper hooked in 2018 when Geraint Thomas won, or as the Italian commentators pronounced it, Grunty Toomas.
Today's stage was awesome, had everything and the build up to the sprint in the last 2k or so was edge of the seat stuff with the lead out men shoulder barging to make room for Cavendish to peel off and power over the line to equal Eddie Merx 34 stage wins was amazing. He was saying in the post race interview that he was completely spent and I believe him.
Yes Quintana is one of the non Brit names I recognise. Those mountain stages are pure torture. They must enjoy causing themselves and the other riders pain. You saw it in yesterday's mountain stage when you'd get a couple break away and one would break and it's the look on their face's as the guy that's been slipstreaming them just powers by and they can't do anything about it.
Agree about Pogacar, it's his to lose and yes so far so great. Vive Le Tour :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Another great day for the Tour, as Mark Cavendish broke Eddie Merx 34 stage wins. He's one heck of a rider for never winning the TDF. Unfortunately the raced was marred by another accident. And Pogacar kept his 5 minute plus lead while playing it safe yesterday.

AzLaker
8)
CopenhagenCouple

What a stage today, if there was any doubt about the top tier, it was settled on the final mountain. Tomorrow will be vital in the race for 2nd and 3rd, as will the final time trial, but unless Pogadcar has some sort of accident, he looks like a sure winner... Fingers crossed for an exciting finish to a great race, and ofc that Vingegaard finishes 2nd 😁
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

CopenhagenCouple wrote: Wed 14th Jul 2021 04:45 pm What a stage today, if there was any doubt about the top tier, it was settled on the final mountain. Tomorrow will be vital in the race for 2nd and 3rd, as will the final time trial, but unless Pogadcar has some sort of accident, he looks like a sure winner... Fingers crossed for an exciting finish to a great race, and ofc that Vingegaard finishes 2nd 😁
Yes what a stage it was and no doubt Pogadcar should now take the Tour. I was well impressed with your guy Vingegaard in the final climb of the stage, him and Podagcar both working together to try and drop Carapaz, who was just sitting on their wheels. He did try and break away but Podagcar followed and then Vingegaard got back to them and that when then teamed up, great stuff :thumbup:

The french police raided the hotel that team BAHRAIN VICTORIOUS are staying in and took away riders training files and other stuff, bit weird that.

The top 3 in the General ranking are = 1st TADEJ POGACAR 2nd JONAS VINGEGAARD 3rd RICHARD CARAPAZ

Points Rankings are = Mark Cavendish 298points 2nd MICHAEL MATTHEWS 260points 3rd SONNY COLBRELLI 208points

Climber Rankings are = TADEJ POGACAR 2nd WOUTER POELS 3rd JONAS VINGEGAARD

Team Rankings are = 1st BAHRAIN VICTORIOUS 2nd EF EDUCATION - NIPPO 3rd INEOS GRENADIERS

Into the last couple of days now and should be a good finish to a cracking race :D
CopenhagenCouple

Tour De France 2022

Here we go again :mrgreen:

This year is a bit special for us Danes, for obvious reasons, but I'm hoping (and somewhat expecting) that the Grand Depart Copenhagen (as well as the following two stages) of 2022 will be a spectacular start to this year's race.

Team presentations were held yesterday at Tivoli gardens and it was madness, the massive amount of fans in attendance were so loud that the riders couldn't hear half the questions and just gave an answer to what they thought would be a typical question at that point 😂

Really looking forward to the time trial tomorrow :mrgreen:
Ghost

Re: Tour De France 2022

Post by Ghost »

CopenhagenCouple wrote: Thu 30th Jun 2022 10:31 am Here we go again :mrgreen: :

This year is a bit special for us Danes, for obvious reasons, but I'm hoping (and somewhat expecting) that the Grand Depart Copenhagen (as well as the following two stages) of 2022 will be a spectacular start to this year's race.

Team presentations were held yesterday at Tivoli gardens and it was madness, the massive amount of fans in attendance were so loud that the riders couldn't hear half the questions and just gave an answer to what they thought would be a typical question at that point 😂

Really looking forward to the time trial tomorrow :mrgreen:
Yes Buddy :D :D Excellent can not wait for it to start and will be trying to watch as many stages as I can, time permitting :D Wish I was over your way, I bet its madness and a complete party atmosphere :D :mrgreen: Hoping we are going to see some good stages and some close racing with maybe the odd crash thrown in for good measure :D
Mr Incognito

Post by Mr Incognito »

Grand Depart in Yorkshire 2014 was amazing - if Copenhagen is anything like that you will have a ball!