baseball

Moderators: Balou, cantona7

Sir Niall of Essex-sire

Post by Sir Niall of Essex-sire »

Jeez, i fucking love baseball. It's like an easy to watch and less complicated cricket. It's one of my favourite things to watch after a smoke. Big fan of the Braves, is 5 thinking of showing games again?

Defeating evil with a thing called love
cantona7
Location: Seattle- trips to the 'dam, 7 by the time i caught up with freedom i was out of breathe

Post by cantona7 »

Boner wrote:Who? ;)
true baseball legend. in the 90's was just below michael jordan in popularity. prob unknown that side of the pond but in usa,carribean, and japan hes well known.
educating myself and waiting for the next trip.
instagram @shooter_mcdabbin
cantona7
Location: Seattle- trips to the 'dam, 7 by the time i caught up with freedom i was out of breathe

Post by cantona7 »

Sir Niall of Essex-sire wrote:Jeez, i fucking love baseball. It's like an easy to watch and less complicated cricket. It's one of my favourite things to watch after a smoke. Big fan of the Braves, is 5 thinking of showing games again?
its usually streamed online. not sure what channels in the uk. i watched the redsox beat the yanks at 3 am in london once. i was going crazy. if you like the braves you like national league rules..tune in when the sf giants and st louis cardinals are playing really fun teams to watch. and the giants star player tim lincecum is a stoner. its cool you understand the game. explaining baseball to most people across the pond is as tough as trying to explain the offside rule of football to an american.
Last edited by cantona7 on Thu 3rd Jun 2010 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
schererbuzz

Re: baseball

Post by schererbuzz »

cattales1960 wrote:
GO CARDINALS! you know they rock. Bring it on boys and girls.. hehe

Disclaimer: I was at the game today and IM stoned and a bit tipsy. we beat CINN reds 6-0. hehe
REDS fan here!! Cards only chance this year is wildcard....
cantona7

Post by cantona7 »

another griffey memory. i was at one of my first ever gamesin like 1989 or 1990 was 5 or 6. griffey was in center and his dad griffey sr was in left. some drunk fan leaned over the fence and spilled beer or soda on griffey. oh the kingdome..what a dump of a stadium...but i kinda miss her.
cattales1960

Re: baseball

Post by cattales1960 »

schererbuzz wrote:
cattales1960 wrote:
GO CARDINALS! you know they rock. Bring it on boys and girls.. hehe

Disclaimer: I was at the game today and IM stoned and a bit tipsy. we beat CINN reds 6-0. hehe
REDS fan here!! Cards only chance this year is wildcard....
hehe good one buzz! I was at the game against them weds night. we pulled into the lead over them that night. hehehe. GO CARDS
I need a miracle everyday
Marco

Post by Marco »

DC has a real potential SUPER STAR!!! :D
cantona7

Post by cantona7 »

Marco wrote:DC has a real potential SUPER STAR!!! :D
sure do. strausberg k'd 14 tonight!
schererbuzz

Post by schererbuzz »

Yea, I'm currently working in DC. He has created a big buzz around town.

The Nationals also had the #1 pick this week and took so called can't miss prospect Bryce Harper.

DC sports are looking up. Strasburg, Harper, Donovan McNabb and John Wall .

When John Wall comes to town playing for the Wizards, it could transform their franchise.
Marco

Post by Marco »

schererbuzz wrote:
Yea, I'm currently working in DC. He has created a big buzz around town.

The Nationals also had the #1 pick this week and took so called can't miss prospect Bryce Harper.

DC sports are looking up. Strasburg, Harper, Donovan McNabb and John Wall .

When John Wall comes to town playing for the Wizards, it could transform their franchise.
Having been born in DC and grown up a Skins, Bullets, Capitals fan, I sadly do not share your optimism.

The Skins are cursed and will remain so until Dannyboy sells the teams. The Wiz are still under the curse of Lez Boulez, I do not see this changing anytime soon.

And despite the nice digs and the new pitcher, the Nats do not get a great deal of fan support.....think Senators (twice).

Always hopeful, but always realistic..
schererbuzz

Post by schererbuzz »

I agree, Marco. It is the talk of the town right now, though. I believe they actually sold the game out last night. I was going to the Reds game on Sunday, but it was too damn hot.

I like the redskins because I don't like Philly and Dallas.

I am a John Wall (University of KY) fan though, so I will be following the wizards.
Marco

Post by Marco »

schererbuzz wrote:I agree, Marco. It is the talk of the town right now, though. I believe they actually sold the game out last night. I was going to the Reds game on Sunday, but it was too damn hot.

I am a John Wall (University of KY) fan though, so I will be following the wizards.
Do you think Arenas and Walls can play together?
schererbuzz

Post by schererbuzz »

Marco wrote:
schererbuzz wrote:I agree, Marco. It is the talk of the town right now, though. I believe they actually sold the game out last night. I was going to the Reds game on Sunday, but it was too damn hot.

I was hoping they would trade Arenas for an established big man, but it doesn't look like it. Arenas would just have to get used to not handling the ball near as much. Not sure he can do that, though.

Should be an interesting draft in a couple of weeks. UK should have 5 players go in the 1st round.
Marco

Post by Marco »

schererbuzz wrote:
Marco wrote:

I was hoping they would trade Arenas for an established big man, but it doesn't look like it. Arenas would just have to get used to not handling the ball near as much. Not sure he can do that, though.

Should be an interesting draft in a couple of weeks. UK should have 5 players go in the 1st round.
Yes, it will be. UK in basketball is similar to the US in soccer...some genuine talent but can't field competitive national or club teams to save their lives.