Friendly trash talking: US vs. England

Moderators: Balou, cantona7

cantona7
Location: Seattle- trips to the 'dam, 7 by the time i caught up with freedom i was out of breathe

Post by cantona7 »

Sir Niall of Essex-sire wrote:
cantona7 wrote:
Sir Niall of Essex-sire wrote: Ah it's a bit shit today man, kinda fits the mood up here, it's the funeral of the guy's brother who shot up a heap of people today. I'm going to the pub but mainly to show the face as a community member than watch the footie man.
nice man prob a somber occasion then. the funeral for those kids killed by the drunk driver is this week. community is still pretty sad here.
Christ man it's a crazy world. Has it brought the community together at least?

theres a big memorial outside their high school(the one i went to most of the time) they brought councelors in for the kids. the kids were killed 2 days before graduation and it was the night before one of the kids 18th bday. alot of the community is mad because the driver was a repeat offender and for killing 2 kids hes only looking at 4-9 years! real outrage if you ask me. i'd say life as imo murder is murder no matter how you do it. but shit if they are going to show mercy at the very least give him 20-25.

educating myself and waiting for the next trip.
instagram @shooter_mcdabbin
Marco

Post by Marco »

Twichaldinho wrote: Nah man, I think you have mis understood. No problem with the media getting behind the current squad. Thats expected. Its the constant harking back to the days of B&W TeeVee, and some people being on the pitch....
Remember, we folks in the rest of the U.K. get the same coverage you Engerlish get, whether we wan't it or not. Of course its not gonna irk you as much as us, right?
Perhaps not man.

But i don't think that the desire to see England loose is completely down to the media and the reference to missed chances and injustices?
Don't lump the US as a team that wants to beat England more than anyone other team, not in any sport. Americans love the English, and any English fan who watched the game in American can probably attest to that.
Sir Niall of Essex-sire

Post by Sir Niall of Essex-sire »

yup im a leedas fan too, my whiole family are. delighted to be back in the championship and really hope we can do a city and go two in a row, they ARE a premiership club but money needs to be spent in the right places to get them back there and keep them there
I went to a Carlisie v. Leeds match one when i was studying around there. The fans deserve something at least!
I have no problem with your press getting behind the team and being optimistic but its how over board they go with it and actually belive england losing is a big deal that gets me. the premier league is the best league in the world with out doubt nut its not because the england starting 11 play in it, its the money and foreign palyers that paly in it that make it good.

To us it is a big deal though man, Football gives alot of people a voice and some type of meaning in life, that sounds like an exaggeration but i know of people who live for their club and countries game. When the team loses it knocks the wind out of people, it's made even harder when the other countries in the UK reveal in it. That's where part of the England vs. the world attitude comes from IMO.

I think the fans and history of the Cup plays alot of importance in the Prem as well.

It is the SOLE reason for me buddy!
Remember, I'm Twichaldinho Von Spliffensmokin, not the Scottish population.
I want John Motson, Ian Wright, Garry Big Ears and every ex shite player turned pundit to feel the boaby
Fair play man. No worries. :D
Defeating evil with a thing called love
stecleary84

Post by stecleary84 »

Twichaldinho wrote: I want John Motson, Ian Wright, Garry Big Ears and every ex shite player turned pundit to feel the boaby :lol:
dont forget sicknote redknapp or how ever he spells his name.

motson really gets on my tits, i remember when the playstation first came out and he did the voice over for actua soccer, oh lord even on the playstation he was going on about 66 :x ian wright is funny at times as long as they keep it short with him but that big eard wanker really grinds my gears
Sir Niall of Essex-sire

Marco wrote: Don't lump the US as a team that wants to beat England more than anyone other team, not in any sport. Americans love the English, and any English fan who watched the game in American can probably attest to that.
It was more directed against the Anyone But England (ABE) campaign man. I don't know if you've seen much about it?

http://anyonebutengland.com/
Sir Niall of Essex-sire

cantona7 wrote: theres a big memorial outside their high school(the one i went to most of the time) they brought councelors in for the kids. the kids were killed 2 days before graduation and it was the night before one of the kids 18th bday. alot of the community is mad because the driver was a repeat offender and for killing 2 kids hes only looking at 4-9 years! real outrage if you ask me. i'd say life as imo murder is murder no matter how you do it. but shit if they are going to show mercy at the very least give him 20-25.
Yea man drunk driving is under punished IMO as well.

It's shocking for them man, was there a big turn out for them? Have you talked to many people about it, what they saying?
Marco

Post by Marco »

cantona7 wrote: theres a big memorial outside their high school(the one i went to most of the time) they brought councelors in for the kids. the kids were killed 2 days before graduation and it was the night before one of the kids 18th bday. alot of the community is mad because the driver was a repeat offender and for killing 2 kids hes only looking at 4-9 years! real outrage if you ask me. i'd say life as imo murder is murder no matter how you do it. but shit if they are going to show mercy at the very least give him 20-25.
Yea man drunk driving is under punished IMO as well.

It's shocking for them man, was there a big turn out for them? Have you talked to many people about it, what they saying?
Ah, just like the New York Yankees....but seriously, its good to be hated like that.
stecleary84

Post by stecleary84 »

It was more directed against the Anyone But England (ABE) campaign man.
there's no such thing, your all just a nation of paro fuckers that have copped on to the fact the rest of the world know your shit at ALL sports even the ones you came up with and got the slaves to play for your entertainment so bullshit theorys are made up to ease the nerves and try find a reason to get your overpaid players to actually do something :lol:
Sir Niall of Essex-sire

stecleary84 wrote:
there's no such thing, your all just a nation of paro fuckers that have copped on to the fact the rest of the world know your shit at ALL sports even the ones you came up with and got the slaves to play for your entertainment so bullshit theorys are made up to ease the nerves and try find a reason to get your overpaid players to actually do something :lol:
You not see the site man, or the T-shirts, or the News stories?

All sports? I thought we had the Ashes as we speak, i thought we got a higher medal haul at the last Summer Olympics than the Aussies, i thought we won a Gold in the Winter Olympics, i thought we've won the World Cup Rugby and the 6 Nations multiple times, i thought we are one of the top 3 teams in Rugby League?
Twichaldinho

Post by Twichaldinho »

stecleary84 wrote:

All sports? I thought we had the Ashes as we speak, i thought we got a higher medal haul at the last Summer Olympics than the Aussies, i thought we won a Gold in the Winter Olympics, i thought we've won the World Cup Rugby and the 6 Nations multiple times, i thought we are one of the top 3 teams in Rugby League?
All true, and you even managed to take Prime Ministers position back too!

You still have Emile Heskey though... :lol:
Endure
cantona7
Location: Seattle- trips to the 'dam, 7 by the time i caught up with freedom i was out of breathe

Post by cantona7 »

stecleary84 wrote:

your both wrong the vogons stole the ashes in the 80's. you'll have to join forces to create a super commonwealth cricket team to get it back in a game of intergalactic cricket.

"The two end up at Lord's Cricket Ground two days before Earth will be destroyed by the Vogons. Shortly after they arrive, a squad of robots land in a spaceship in the middle of the field and attack the assembled crowd, stealing The Ashes before departing. Another spaceship, the Starship Bistromath, arrives, helmed by Slartibartfast, who discovers he is too late and requests Arthur and Ford's help."

i think maybe beeblebox has them now though...
educating myself and waiting for the next trip.
instagram @shooter_mcdabbin
stecleary84

Post by stecleary84 »

Twichaldinho wrote: You still have Emile Heskey though... :lol:
Niall had an other comment to wined you up a little more but then i saw ^^ and for once in my life felt a little pitty for the engrish on a sporting matter. i am so sorry for your troubles
Sir Niall of Essex-sire

stecleary84 wrote:
Niall had an other comment to wined you up a little more but then i saw ^^ and for once in my life felt a little pitty for the engrish on a sporting matter. i am so sorry for your troubles
Can't be wound up my man, i'm English, that comes with a quiet internal knowledge that im superior to everyone to else. :wink:
Marco

Post by Marco »

stecleary84 wrote:
Can't be wound up my man, i'm English, that comes with a quiet internal knowledge that im superior to everyone to else. :wink:
This thread turned out exactly as I hoped: friendly trash talking. It can be done. 8)
Sir Niall of Essex-sire

cantona7 wrote:
your both wrong the vogons stole the ashes in the 80's. you'll have to join forces to create a super commonwealth cricket team to get it back in a game of intergalactic cricket.

"The two end up at Lord's Cricket Ground two days before Earth will be destroyed by the Vogons. Shortly after they arrive, a squad of robots land in a spaceship in the middle of the field and attack the assembled crowd, stealing The Ashes before departing. Another spaceship, the Starship Bistromath, arrives, helmed by Slartibartfast, who discovers he is too late and requests Arthur and Ford's help."

i think maybe beeblebox has them now though...
:shock:

You must be smoking awesome weed man.