FIFA WORLD CUP 2006

Moderators: Balou, cantona7

Doog

Post by Doog »

Personally I thought it was the stamp on Carvalho that earned Rooney the red card. It surely couldn't have been the shove on Ronaldo which was nothing at all, although it certainly wouldn't have helped his case.

Looks like Ronaldo might have played his last game for Manchester United.

France made Brazil look pretty ordinary and, as I expected, Italy brushed aside the Ukraine with ease.

This time next week it will all be over for another four years :cry:

Doog

Post by Doog »

Man what a game tonight and a deserved victory for the Italians. Germany were looking good to hang on for penalties but how ironic is it that the player who won the penalty against us in the last sixteen would be the man who prevented the match from being settled that way this time around. It was also a magnificent finish.

Del Piero's equally impressive second goal seconds later was merely the icing on the cake.

I hope it's France they're up against on Sunday, based only on the performance that the French put up against Brazil.

That would be a very interesting final.
Mark_d

Post by Mark_d »

bye bye portugal

bye bye ronaldo you diving bastard
Doog

Post by Doog »

I noticed there was a strong anti-Portugal feeling among the presenters during this evenings coverage of the game on BBC, and the fans during the game also made their feelings very clear towards one particular Portuguese player (I wonder who?)

They certainly showed what they are capable of in the field of acrobatics at times and many will say that they got a taste of their own medicine when Henry took advantage of a rather clumsy challenge which lead to the penalty which lead to the goal.

This was the first World Cup (finals) match that Scolari has ever lost as a coach and the coverage did show that he took it rather badly.

The third/fourth place play off seems to be a rather meaningless game which FIFA have obviously arranged in order to fill their pockets even more, but I do hope that Germany, who were my pick to become champions, will win even though it will be little consolation for missing out on the final.

Italy v France. Should be a good one.
Doog

Post by Doog »

Well, now that the World Cup is over and the Zidane/Matterazzi farce has been sorted out and even joked about, I have an exclusive scoop.

The Argentina Football Association has realised that the majority of the squad will be too old to realistically compete at the next World Cup Finals in South Africa in 4 years time (assuming Argentina qualify)

The top brass at the federation have decided that now is the time for a radical transformation of the current squad (not to mention kit design)