Baseball megathread 2012 and beyond

Moderators: Balou, cantona7

Birdman

Baseball megathread 2012 and beyond

Post by Birdman »

Go Red Sox!!!

cantona7
Location: Seattle- trips to the 'dam, 7 by the time i caught up with freedom i was out of breathe

Re: Baseball 2011

Post by cantona7 »

mariners will be garbage this year. dont draft any mariners players who arent named ichiro or felix hernandez

giants look good again. doubt they will defend though. to many other teams looking better.
educating myself and waiting for the next trip.
instagram @shooter_mcdabbin
Wrap_it_up_B

Post by Wrap_it_up_B »

GO WHITESOX.

Do you know what the worst part of being a CUBS fan is ?

Telling your dad your gay.
So many roads I know
So many roads to ease my soul
cantona7
Location: Seattle- trips to the 'dam, 7 by the time i caught up with freedom i was out of breathe

Post by cantona7 »

cubs> whitesox. even though they haven't won a title since the teddy roosevelt administration in 1908.
Wrap_it_up_B

Post by Wrap_it_up_B »

CUBS = Completely Useless By September.

All-Time Series CWS, 45-39

Every team has a bad century, right?

A Cubs fan dies and goes to Hell. The Devil is surprised to see him smiling. "What are you smiling about?" he asks the Cubs fan. "It's just like Chicago in June." the Cubs fan replies. The Devil cranks the heat and humidity to maximum and says, "How do you like that!" "Just like Chicago in August." the Cubs fan replies. The Devil then freezes Hell. "How do you like that!" The Cubs fan jumps up and down yelling, "The Cubs won the World Series! The Cubs won the World Series!"
So many roads I know
YourGuru

Post by YourGuru »

I obligated by location to root for either the Angels or Dodgers.... I prefer The Giants...

West Coast bottom line... We like to win.

Further facts from the year the Chicago Cubs last won a World Series.. - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1908

:evil: :evil: :evil: Most notably The Anglo-Persian Oil Company (APOC) was founded in 1908 following the discovery of a large oil field in Masjed Soleiman, Iran. :evil: :evil: :evil: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Persian_Oil_Company

"Noise pollution can't be that much of a problem. There's nothing to cheer about."--State rep. John F. Dunn, arguing for the installation of lights at Wrigley Field
"The Cubs were taking batting practice, and the pitching machine threw a no-hitter." :cry: :cry:

met vriendelijke groet..

~Ian
Bad artists imitate, Great artists steal..
Wrap_it_up_B

Post by Wrap_it_up_B »

I'm from the South Side of Chi-Town, and I'm Irish. So by birth I'm a Whitesox fan. My grandfather, my father, and my brothers are all SOX fans. I have one brother that is a Scrubs fan but to people who know me IRL I don't admit that or even speak of it, but he also likes the Sox . But if you live in Chi-Town eveyone knows you have to make a choice. lol

Oh ya Go BULLS also sorry I know its a Baseball thread but the Bulls are kicking but.

Wrap
So many roads I know
Nimrod

Post by Nimrod »

Go Tribe, haha!!
cantona7

Post by cantona7 »

cubs seems to just be the better club regardless of team record. def better fans(imo). whitesox always seemed to be fair weather to me. keep in mind you guys only won 1 title after the black sox scandle in 05. not much more to brag about than the cubs. no offense to anyone, just my 2 cents.
Wrap_it_up_B

Post by Wrap_it_up_B »

Don't let a couple bad apples define all the fans. Every club has asshole fans. The Cubs only sell out every game bc the park history and tourist. I dont think I was bragging about the Sox. Just making fun of the Cubs and getting excited about Baseball. No offense taken man, just talking baseball.
So many roads I know
DHBlues

Post by DHBlues »

Go Cardinals! One does not have to be from Chicago to hate the Cubs.
Dreams are lies, it's the dreaming that's real.
cantona7

Post by cantona7 »

mariners 2-1 now. nice gem thrown by felix on friday. saturday was an ok outing by vargas. and we just got plain beat up today. fister is better than that.looking forward to seeing pineada pitch.
cantona7

Post by cantona7 »

Eric Bedard pitching for us tonight, first start/app since July 2009. wish he'd play like he did at baltimore. dude has alot of potential.
Nimrod

Post by Nimrod »

How about that triple play by the Tribe!!!
Adamster

Post by Adamster »

:cry: :cry: :cry: I WANT MY BASEBALL TEAM BACK!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
The nationals Suck more then we ever did :cry: F..ing Yanks! and their Strips!