London Olympics

Moderators: Balou, cantona7

spidergawd

Re: London Olympics

Post by spidergawd »

Well, all my family are well and truly “doing” the Olympics. It’s come at a great time with the Gkids on school holidays and a lot less rain so far these 2 weeks. Anyway, living in among it we are having a feast :D, so as well as going to ticketed things (that we could get tickets for) we have seen loads of other events like the distance bike races and the running races through the neighbourhoods. Plenty of free arty/music stuff happening all over the town too :D :D, so this old geezer is getting weary 8).

We missed our Wembley football match last week as we couldn’t get back from a funeral in time :?, what can you do?

But me and her was up at Old Trafford Tuesday night to watch Brazil giving us some pay back on Korea Republic, it was a very good match with Korea all over Brazil for about 20 minutes; it all changed when they let the Brazilian drummers in to the stands and from that moment on the game was never in doubt, a coincidence or not I don’t know. We had good seats and it was nice to be non partisan :D (we did have Brazilian flags though) and experience a great sporting atmosphere with both supporters all mixed in together. My Mrs. is the sports fan but I catch her vibe easy :wink:.

Happy trails :D

What a long strange trip it is.
cantona7
Location: Seattle- trips to the 'dam, 7 by the time i caught up with freedom i was out of breathe

Post by cantona7 »

Adamster wrote:Sorry i should of said Soon Christine Sinclair to be the best player (female) of all times ;)
she only 18 goals from Mia Hamm record in interantional games and she already got 140 goals in less time then Mia Hamm ...2goals from 2ed place Abby Wambach record!
only few player got more goal per game then Sinclair ;)

gotta win a tournament before ya claim that. last i heard mia hamm had a world cup and a few gold medals.....

never heard this girl talked about as the best. i always hear marta,wambach, that german player etc being mentioned though.

good win for team usa against australia. next up our rivals argentina.
educating myself and waiting for the next trip.
instagram @shooter_mcdabbin
pengaldinho

Post by pengaldinho »

Ouch!
http://www.youtube.com/user/HinduDeathCabbage" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rusty Shackleford

Post by Rusty Shackleford »

Great run by Mo Farah....... squeaky bum time at the end there :lol:

KEEP ER LIT
cantona7
Location: Seattle- trips to the 'dam, 7 by the time i caught up with freedom i was out of breathe

Post by cantona7 »

good win by the usa basketball. i think this team was as good as the 92 dream team.

goood job team gb in boxing as well.
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

Totally enjoyed our Olympics, feels a bit flat around town today but the Paralympics will be another party for sure. Image

Too many geriatrics in the closing ceremony I thought though, speaking as a old geezer also you understand. No ageism here.
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

Excellent Olympics :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen:

Roll on Rio :mrgreen:
Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
Quazer

Post by Quazer »

Finally it's over... :lol:
Dave J

Post by Dave J »

Is it just me or were One Direction clearly the most obviously miming act of the night?. The sound did not sound nothing like live at all, more like they were miming to a cd track as the ecco or even live effect was clearly not there in the vocals and audio and the entire performance of One Direction did not feel live in any way unlike Madness or The Who who were clearly singing live yet have been about for 40 year\35 year each respectivly even if not there best performance!.
Adamster

Post by Adamster »

cantona7 wrote:
Adamster wrote:Sorry i should of said Soon Christine Sinclair to be the best player (female) of all times ;)
she only 18 goals from Mia Hamm record in interantional games and she already got 140 goals in less time then Mia Hamm ...2goals from 2ed place Abby Wambach record!

gotta win a tournament before ya claim that. last i heard mia hamm had a world cup and a few gold medals.....

never heard this girl talked about as the best. i always hear marta,wambach, that german player etc being mentioned though.

Haha! First thing you know down in your hart that the Call that may your country get that goal WAS a bad call :roll:
does having 11 Staney cup made Henri richard best player ever? NO! Not even close ;)

Have to say Bravo GB London and all the Olympians was a great 2 weeks....
the only thing that i didnt like was that Jessie J singing Queen song and that Nick masion was the only floyd member and could of found someone better to sing wish you were here nice ending to the song...Could of not have the spice girlz :roll: the who was good ....BRavo!
cant wait for RIO in 4 yers
cantona7

Post by cantona7 »

Adamster wrote:
cantona7 wrote:

Haha! First thing you know down in your hart that the Call that may your country get that goal WAS a bad call :roll:
does having 11 Staney cup made Henri richard best player ever? NO! Not even close ;)

Have to say Bravo GB London and all the Olympians was a great 2 weeks....
the only thing that i didnt like was that Jessie J singing Queen song and that Nick masion was the only floyd member and could of found someone better to sing wish you were here nice ending to the song...Could of not have the spice girlz :roll: the who was good ....BRavo!
cant wait for RIO in 4 yers

not sure what ya mean by bad call or what game for that matter.

but take dan marino for example(since you used hockey)...dude owned damn near every offensive record in the nfl for 20 years. but he wasn't talked about as the greatest player ever....because he never won jack. he choked. another example..griffey..the man in my avatar. statistically one of the best players in his sport. but he will never be talked about as such because he as well never won a ring. karl malone is another. to be talked about as one of the greats imo you have to have won a title. and in my opinion that goes for all sport. just my 2 cents.
Sailor59

Post by Sailor59 »

I have never enjoyed going to work more than the last few weeks. Big up to the Cloggies, they had Alexandra Palace as their fan base and it looked awesome floodlit orange at night. One afternoon train four well lubricated lads knocked on the cab window and asked if I was going to Kings Cross. I told them I was going to Hertford. After a brief discussion they all shouted HERTFORD and jumped on. Pointed them in the direction of the closest pub when we got there.

Shame it is all finished now. Bit of a flat feeling last Monday.

:cry:
Matroos negenenvijftig
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

Absolute classic, Monty Python. Made me go out and put another flag on the campervan :D :D.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiu0lYQIPqE

You gotta larf aint ya, the olympic committee secret police put a stop to direct link, but it's well worth a watch, complete british cheese rolling lunacy at it's best.
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Great Olympics that and I agree one erection sucked and suck :lol: It was good being British for a few weeks but better to be English again. :lol:
DC

Post by DC »

I find the Olymipic games to be passed it's sell by date and a tad disgusting. Spending 11 billion pounds in today's world on a sporting event with so many people around the planet up to their necks in all sorts of starving, poverty stricken, disease ridden nightmares, is nothing short of shameful. Most sports have world championships already, to a point where the inclusion of some in the Olympics make it nothing more than a second rate competition, a joke, the prime example being football. Meanwhile the Paralympics, a finger pointing giggle fest to some, but in actual fact the true present source of Olympic spirit is being pushed onto channel 4 to be forgot about. As for the Legacy factor....dressage? lol I can't even be arsed getting into what a fuck up that is, suffices to say that imo, anybody who thinks the Olympic games is a worthwhile venture needs to go and take a good long look at themselves in a mirror.....and perhaps give yerself a slap while yer there. :idea: