London Olympics

Moderators: Balou, cantona7

ftcarer

Re: London Olympics

Post by ftcarer »

spidergawd wrote:Mon I have a ticket for the morning Athletics session on Thursday so I will see round 1 of that event. I'll give him a cheer, and hope he gets through :D.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I'm at the hosp with my son during the day :evil: (which i forgot when i posted yesterday :oops: :lol: ) so I hope he gets through :)

Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

A cheer for you too then :D.
What a long strange trip it is.
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

Gutted for him , started so well to , I think he could have got 2nd & atleast got through to the final , ah well next time :)

Still lots to watch :mrgreen:
Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
Rusty Shackleford

Post by Rusty Shackleford »

Jonnie Peacock had a special performance last night :D :D Must add David Weir to that as well :D :D
KEEP ER LIT
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

Well FT I didn't remember his name so I'm not sure I saw him, there was a lot happening with the field events going on too, and a lot of T46 running :D.

So that was my last session and I'm sad. :(.

I am, and my wife will confirm this, the big time cynic, "waste of time, waste of money blah, blah". I'm also an anorak, so the mechanisms of the Games, the physical structures, logistics even the politics and years of machinations around very site have been fascinating to me and once I walked into the site. Listen to see the excitement on my grandaughters faces, and all the other yougsters there, I think it was better than Disney. We had to have a Mcdonalds in the "biggest McD's in the world :oops: :D.

I thought the main stadium engineering looked good and fairly simple and I liked that a lot of the roof structure is unwanted gas pipeline, as they use plastic for that now.

The sports that I've seen have been the icing and the cherries on the cake :lol: 8).
What a long strange trip it is.