Coffeshops that play heavy metal/rock

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
Marnixstraat

Re: Coffeshops that play heavy metal/rock

Post by Marnixstraat »

Yeah... I always love the atmosphere of that C.S

I just can't understand how people are able to listen to "commercial shit" while smokin'.... Smokin' to me "must be" done while listenning to some classical, ol' tunes... or good electronic stuff...

I remember that I was not able to enter in some C.S due to the music.... :lol:

Conkers

Post by Conkers »

Last time I was in 'dam, we went to hunters around 11am and they were blaring megadeth.
Gravitaye
Sir Niall of Essex-sire

Post by Sir Niall of Essex-sire »

Boner wrote:The heaviest music I've ever heard was in Central Coffeeshop, you may want to go to a smoker friendly bar, Excalibur is a good choice (if they still allow smoking?).
Ditto, actually heard metal there. Late at night though.
Defeating evil with a thing called love
DroolingLiver

Post by DroolingLiver »

The Doors Palace (one near the Singel) was playing metal last time I went a few yers ago.

On that occasion they were playing Slipknot. Now I'm bit of metalhead, but that sound doesn't go well with a relaxing joint. Best place I've been for a smoke and some rock is de Kuil.
Tranquilised

Post by Tranquilised »

Excalibur, Rick's Cafe, Rock Planet, The Waterhole (all smoke friendly bars) :mrgreen:
Bilbo Baggins

Post by Bilbo Baggins »

Ended up in a place called the WATERHOLE just off the Leidesplien on our last trip in september 2010, looked for it on this site but its just mentioned in the directory--no one else seems to have been here---got pool tables--a smoking room through the back with weed being smoked--supposed to be no smoking out on the main area but they got ashtrays on tables and folk rolling and toking---but to the music---every night they got a live band--sometimes dutch--sometimes english----rock music with a more poppy feel, maybe thats the way the Dutch like it. anyway if your ever down the leidesplien end of things, this place has a nice friendly vibe and is very welcoming to tourists.

edit--LOL after posting no one seemed to have heard of this place--check the above post

Another edit--My pal who is a big stones fan and on his first visit to amserdam in sep really hit the jackpot here, we dropped in for a couple of beers and a smoke to find that the official rolling stones fan club of the Netherlands had booked this place for their annual party--we were welcomed into their fold like old friends and spent a great couple of hours headbanging to a never ending blast of stones tunes from the disco unit---good times---going back to the dam in a couple of days with the same guy and we will check this place out again no doubt
Dam Square/Damraak Webcam Live http://hdtv.webcam.nl/website/page1/pag ... creen.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tranquilised

Post by Tranquilised »

Bilbo Baggins wrote:edit--LOL after posting no one seemed to have heard of this place--check the above post
Yeah it used to be a coffeeshop/hostel in the RLD but that closed and they moved down south but are equally live music/smoke friendly. Think it's owned by the Hells Angels?
the official rolling stones fan club of the Netherlands had booked this place for their annual party
I wonder if they used to have it at Cafe Black n White? That's the bar on Leidseplein with the Stones' lips logo on the front. It was our base for The Black Crowes' gigs at the Paradiso in 2006 and they were more than accommodating in every respect but I went back six months later, bought a beer and started to skin up and the barman runs over and says "No drugs!". I explained that I would have asked as always but was caning it in there less than six months ago, he says "New owners."

Haven't been back since but hoping to make The Waterhole our base for the Crowes gigs this July!
Bilbo Baggins

Post by Bilbo Baggins »

Well I'm flying out to Amsterdam tommorow at 6 am, me and the mate ae always chasing any place with decent rock music, We are ancient stoners and like the Led |Zeppelin , Pink Floyd type of vibe--will post again when we get back on Monday and try and enlighten any similar rock fans
Dam Square/Damraak Webcam Live http://hdtv.webcam.nl/website/page1/pag ... creen.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CatPiano

Post by CatPiano »

So glad I found this thread, while I'm not particularly into metal it's better than the techno shit I've heard that a lot of coffeeshops play. I think that would irritate me to the point of a possible whitey... I know this because when I'm drunk in clubs that play crap like Kesha, or hip hop, or anything that took less than 10 minutes to manufacture I get depressed.

Along the lines of the Doors or Hendrix would be good.
Tech303

Post by Tech303 »

The Kadinsky bar opposite their coffeshop plays alot of classic rock.

You can have a beer with your smoke too.
People call stoners lazy but guess what assholes, that blunt doesn't pass itself.