Your 3 Favourite Coffeeshops

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.

Vote for your 3 favourites

Abraxas
2%
Amnesia
4%
Anyday
2%
Baba
0%
Het Ballonnetje
1%
Barney's C/shop & Lounge
5%
Basjoe
6%
Betty Boop
1%
Bluebird
2%
Bushdocter & Amstel
1%
Central
1%
Coffeeshop 36
0%
Dampkring & Pink Floyd
6%
Dolphins
1%
The Doors
0%
Dutch Flowers
0%
de Graal
1%
Green Place
4%
Greenhouse (all)
3%
Greenhouse Effect
1%
Grey Area
10%
Hill Street Blues & Market
2%
Homegrown Fantasy
2%
Hunters and The Coin
1%
Kadinsky
1%
Kashmir Lounge
1%
Katsu
5%
420/de Kuil
6%
Club Media
3%
Mellow Yellow
2%
The Noon
1%
The Old Church
0%
Papillon
0%
Paradox
5%
Picasso
1%
Popeye
1%
Prix D'Ami
1%
Rastababy
0%
Rick's Cafe
0%
Rokerij I, II, III and IV
3%
Rookies
1%
Sanementereng
0%
Siberie
1%
Solo
0%
Stix
0%
Stones Corner
0%
La Tertulia
1%
Tweede Kamer
2%
Voyagers
10%
Yo-Yo
1%

Total votes: 1195

Chili ed

Re: Your 3 Favourite Coffeeshops

Post by Chili ed »

My favorite 3 are Paradox, Bluebird, and Stix (now Solo). These are the places I can really relax. I like Paradox for the great toasties, excellent herb prices, and Ludo the owner. Bluebird was one of the first shops I visited many years ago. I have been going there ever since. The "Blue Cheese" is really nice and I like the fact that they have Volcanos now. Stix now Solo is in a great part of town and has a really friendly staff. I always find myself there when I'm near Nieumarkt.

Chili

http://youtu.be/VfZlo3dHbpM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jimi62471

Post by jimi62471 »

grey area, voyagers, basjoes
Living The Dream...
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

It's Tweede Kamer, Paradox, and Homegrown Fantasy for me! The first for hash, the second for cakes, and the third for memories.
seanlyall

Post by seanlyall »

Basjoe, Mellow Yellow and Green Place of that list for me. Club media(Hindu Kush!!!) and Katsu(Most of the menu!) also up there and Dolphins just because its a great place to hang really. Coffeeshop Johnny isnt on there, would have been on my list at the expense of Mellow Yellow I think... HARD CHOICE btw!

EDIT : Why would votes for Basjoe's be Bias?! I genuinely want to know.
One convenient location... in Africa.
gaNjA1466

Post by gaNjA1466 »

1) The first coffeeshop I ever went to back in '08 was Stone's Corner, so it has some sentimental value to me. I still go here almost every time I'm in the center, and I'm never let down by their menu, even if it is a bit pricey.

2) The Dampkring, IMO has some of the best herb in all of Amsterdam, and it's definitely one of the best hangs in town (if its not already packed full of people).

3) Mellow Yellow tops off my shortlist. Went here for Queen's Day this year while walking about the city and enjoying the festivities. Even though they were pretty much depleted of their stash when I got there, but the Blueberry I bought here blew my mind (maybe it was because I was drunk, but nevertheless it was probably the best herb I smoked during that day).

After I move to Amsterdam next month for university I'll be sure to hit up the Grey Area after seeing all the rave reviews, and maybe I'll have to amend my list. :mrgreen:
xxbkrawkxx

Post by xxbkrawkxx »

greenplace

club media

la tertulia
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Voyagers, Homegrown and katsu off that list, i would of had LeHulp instead of Katsu.
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
Iko

Post by Iko »

Need Boerjongens on the list, you could lump it in with Bij.
I'd also take a bunch of Haarlem CS over most of the list presented.
WW, Birdy and Empire kill most of that list imho.
Once In A while You Get Shown The Light
Serpent

Post by Serpent »

It's tough to narrow it down to just 3 and I finally settled on

420/de Kuil
Homegrown Fantasy
Hill Street Blues on the Market

Other close contenders include

Greenhouse Effect
Paradox
Basjoe
Mellow Yellow
Popeye

I'm gonna make an effort to check out Voyagers my next trip and hopefully I'll finally get to sample the delights the Grey Area offer, every time I go here, it's always been packed!
Mellow Man

Post by Mellow Man »

I went For Paradox, Katsu and Anyday. These choices are mostly based on the Quality of there goodies :mrgreen:
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

With 557 votes now cast, this is the whole chart.

1. Grey Area (51 votes)
2. Basjoe (50 votes)
3. Katsu (35 votes)
4. Dampkring group (33 votes)
5. 420/de Kuil (32 votes)
6= Green Place (30 votes)
6= Paradox (30 votes)
8. Voyagers (29 votes)
9. Rokerij group (26 votes)
10. Amnesia (25 votes)
11. Barney's group (17 votes)
12= Hill Street Blues group (14 votes)
12= Homegrown Fantasy (14 votes)
14= Bluebird (13 votes)
14= Tweede Kamer (13 votes)
16= Hunters group (12 votes)
16= Mellow Yellow (12 votes)
18. Greenhouse group (10 votes)
19= Anyday (8 votes)
19= de Graal (8 votes)
21. La Tertulia (8 votes)
22= Abraxas (7 votes)
22= Betty Boop (7 votes)
22= Siberie (7 votes)
25= Dolphins (6 votes)
25= Club Media (6 votes)
27= The Doors (4 votes)
27= Greenhouse Effect (4 votes)
27= The Noon (4 votes)
27= Papillon (4 votes)
31= Central (3 votes)
31= Popeye (3 votes)
31= Prix D'Ami (3 votes)
31= Rastababy (3 votes)
31= Stix (3 votes)
31= Stones Corner (3 votes)
31= Yo-Yo (3 votes)
38= Bushdocter group (2 votes)
38= Dutch Flowers (2 votes)
38= Kadinsky (2 votes)
38= Picasso (2 votes)
38= Rick's Cafe (2 votes)
38= Rookies (2 votes)
44= Het Ballonnetje (1 vote)
44= Kashmir Lounge (1 vote)
44= The Old Church (1 vote)
44= Sanementereng (1 vote)
44= Solo (1 vote)
49= Baba (no votes)
49= Coffeeshop 36 (no votes)
angry pirate

Post by angry pirate »

First up, Anyday, then Basjoe and one from Paradox, GreenPlace, Amnesia, Katsu or Dampkring1. The relaxed vibe and friendly staff would make me sway toward paradox, but in over 10 years Dampkring has never failed me.
Fuggit, i'll have a top 7. voted greenplace though :twisted:
ACD Fantasy League 16/17 - 276297-87189.

Free to join :)
FerryLoki

Post by FerryLoki »

Hi all!.

I am new to this site but a seasoned smoker without doubt :)

I just returned from a flash 1 night visit to Dam, and if youre wondering..... TOTALLY WORTH IT!.

I went this time with "Target" Coffeeshops in mind... I recommend you all do this as much as you can.

The list below has 4 categories on it, followed by a short written review of each. The 4 categories are: A) Quality of weed on the menu. B) Price of weed on the menu, C) Quality of service and D) Drink prices. Rating is 1-10 in each category. Enjoy!

My top 3 (confirmed by visit 13/08/2011):

Dampkring - A) 9 B) 9 C) 8 D) 8 - Overall: 34/40

Grey Area - A) 9 B) 8 C) 8 D) 8 - Overall: 33/40

Barney's - A) 9 B) 6 C) 9 D) 7 - Overall: 31/40

Reviews

Dampkring

What can I say, this place was wonderful. I went with high expectations and was not disappointed.
Although I have to say, it was PACKED!... (I inadvertently sat myself in the corner on the CATS chair and was promptly asked to stand instead (which is fair enough)).

On checking the weed/hashish menu, I was in awe. Super Silver Haze at 11€/g (Strong Sativa) and Power Plant at 8€/g (One of strongest Indicas around), in 2011, you cant beat that. I got a bag of each of these as I knew I was going for 1 Indica and 1 Sativa.... but something made me buy a third bag..... RIFFMAN HABIBI!. This was the finest hashish I have smoked, it was 14€/g but I purchased a €10 bag to go with my greenery. I then rolled a three way mix!!.... Indica, Sativa and Hashish... quite an experience and proved almost too much for the guy I was with. We ordered a coke at €2 which is the standard price you should expect everywhere almost.

Grey Area

This was our first stop in the city, It was absolutely chucking it down with rain and so the search for this wonderful, tiny coffeeshop was not a comfortable one!... I got DRENCHED!.

We headed here first as I knew it closed at 20:00pm and we were arriving at 18:35 or so!. Once inside I was shocked at just HOW small this place is. There are 2 tables just inside the door and a ledge to the right with stalls along it, leading to the counter which was only 1.5 / 2m from the door!.

I came here for one reason and one reason only.... CHOCOLOPE! (Strong Sativa), I was assured before going that Chocolope was not only very hard to find but also a VERY well cured strain with taste, strength and smell all encountered for... It did not disappoint. Price was a very reasonable €12/g and they did have several other products for around the same money, the drawback was its size as both tables were full so we ended up "perching" which is never fun!... Still 1 spliff and onto the next!... The one great feature here that I loved.... You can write on the wall!, I grabbed a pen and left my mark along with all the other visitors from around the world.

Barneys Coffeeshop

Ok so the final review of the three... Now, normally I would stay away from a shop like this. It was not one of my targets but I found it rather by accident in my quest to go to Popeye (rumoured incorrectly to open at 7am).... Luckily although popeye was not open at 7am - Barneys WAS!. The guy (very british), turned up at 6.50am, started opening up, rolled himself a joint and then let us in. He was VERY hospitable and even more so when he found out I was from Ipswich (15 miles from his hometown).

He checked for weed requirements first to get everyone smoking and happy (there were about 4 tables being used within 15 mins of opening), I already had 6 bags of the most primo weed in 'Dam so I had no requirements and also the prices in here were the "Tourist Rates" that I kinda expected (14-17€/g) - saying that, he had "Dr Greenspoon" which I have heard is the bomb, just not appealing to me at 17€/g with what I already had on me.

Anyway I sat with my coffee and rolled a blunt, followed by a Tulip. The tulip came out VERY well and the bartender even commented on the style and general rolling quality of such a difficult roll to get right. His attitude towards non english speakers was in some eyes "not great", but to me, it was pure comedy genius... He wassnt repeating things they didnt understand and was kinda using their lack of linguistic skills to mock them and make us English clientelle laugh!... I was in stitches.

Overall a really good place and as far as I know... THE ONLY coffeeshop in Dam that is open at 7am (but this may be inaccurate).

Well thats it... Any questions, please ask me and look out for more reviews from me, if you want to meet in dam anytime, read my introduction in that section and maybe we can chat.

Thanks all, peace & legalization.

Graham

angry pirate

Post by angry pirate »

FerryLoki wrote:Well thats it... Any questions, please ask me and look out for more reviews from me, if you want to meet in dam anytime, read my introduction in that section and maybe we can chat.
You'll have to write it first. :mrgreen:
ACD Fantasy League 16/17 - 276297-87189.

Free to join :)
FerryLoki

Post by FerryLoki »

Haha where is it :(

I cannot find it! lol

Graham