Are you smoking too much?

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
Styl Eli

Re: Are you smoking too much?

Post by Styl Eli »

donpacino wrote:I smoke between 3-5 grams a day, 7 days a week, and i have done for the past 15 years.
Have you ever taken an extended break? I would love to smoke that much everyday but if I do I just don't get as buzzed anymore. There is nothing like smoking a joint and being STONED!

Cisco

Post by Cisco »

Not enough :wink:
Last edited by Cisco on Thu 21st Jul 2011 11:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
-
donpacino

Post by donpacino »

Styl eil wrote:
donpacino wrote:I smoke between 3-5 grams a day, 7 days a week, and i have done for the past 15 years.
Have you ever taken an extended break? I would love to smoke that much everyday but if I do I just don't get as buzzed anymore. There is nothing like smoking a joint and being STONED!
I would love to have an extended break from weed, i wake up everyday and say im gonna have today off but within an hour of being up my will power and strength goes and i end up caving, some days it really fucks me off, i just cant seem to take a break but really want to. Aaaaaaaagggggghhhhhhhhhhh
What is thy bidding my master?
highdro

Post by highdro »

yes would be my answer. i havnt smoked for three days after 20 years of blazing every day. been to the dam more times than i can count and was a huge advocate of marijuana. however its been making me anxious and paranoid there is something wrong with me .

last week i actually thought i was going mad or schizo or something, was a real torment.

had to got to doctors with it, i feel alot better for no smoking for a few days and am in no rush to smoke again.

i know we are all quick to dismiss stories of weed doing your head in as propoganda, but i guess it can amplify any bad thoughts you are having and culminate in these type of episodes.

i can hardly beleive it myself, sure hope to be able to use moderately in the future now and then , i suppose thats the difference between use and abuse. so be carefull kids.
Styl Eli

Post by Styl Eli »

highdro wrote:yes would be my answer. i havnt smoked for three days after 20 years of blazing every day. been to the dam more times than i can count and was a huge advocate of marijuana. however its been making me anxious and paranoid there is something wrong with me .

last week i actually thought i was going mad or schizo or something, was a real torment.

had to got to doctors with it, i feel alot better for no smoking for a few days and am in no rush to smoke again.

i know we are all quick to dismiss stories of weed doing your head in as propoganda, but i guess it can amplify any bad thoughts you are having and culminate in these type of episodes.

i can hardly beleive it myself, sure hope to be able to use moderately in the future now and then , i suppose thats the difference between use and abuse. so be carefull kids.
Having a break does do wonders but I find it harder to go to sleep. Being paranoid sucks but at least if you sit in the dark no one can get you. lol
highdro

Post by highdro »

Styl eil wrote:
highdro wrote:yes would be my answer. i havnt smoked for three days after 20 years of blazing every day. been to the dam more times than i can count and was a huge advocate of marijuana. however its been making me anxious and paranoid there is something wrong with me .

Having a break does do wonders but I find it harder to go to sleep. Being paranoid sucks but at least if you sit in the dark no one can get you. lol
lol, i was more paranoid about my health and such mate, thought i was gonna die soon from something. i wasnt up twitching at the curtains lol.

sleeping is a bit of a mare though as you say, and when you do get off the vivid dreams start.
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

If it was costing me then yes i am smoking way to much :wink:
Occasional Bowl

Post by Occasional Bowl »

No I am not smoking too much. Yes it is possible to smoke too much in the same way that it's possible to drink too much, eat too much, watch too much television and spend more time than is necessary at work. Keep everything in proportion.
Hang on to your head
Styl Eli

Post by Styl Eli »

Occasional Bowl wrote:No I am not smoking too much. Yes it is possible to smoke too much in the same way that it's possible to drink too much, eat too much, watch too much television and spend more time than is necessary at work. Keep everything in proportion.
how much do you smoke per day?
Occasional Bowl

Post by Occasional Bowl »

Styl eil wrote:
how much do you smoke per day?[/quote]

Not a daily smoker anymore. Any serious smoking is restricted to the 'Dam now. Even at my peak usage I don't think I got through more than quarter of an ounce of hash a week and that would be about 20 - 25 years ago. But friends and acquaintances smoked more and some were spectacularly untogether as a result....or was that the acid we were using :lol:
Hang on to your head
Styl Eli

Post by Styl Eli »

Occasional Bowl wrote:
Styl eil wrote:
how much do you smoke per day?
Not a daily smoker anymore. Any serious smoking is restricted to the 'Dam now. Even at my peak usage I don't think I got through more than quarter of an ounce of hash a week and that would be about 20 - 25 years ago. But friends and acquaintances smoked more and some were spectacularly untogether as a result....or was that the acid we were using :lol:[/quote]
As a weed smoker I was just wondering what the average amount people smoke here is. So many here rave about types and amounts that I was curious. So for you you smoked a gram a day? A gram a day I think is a good amount.
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

[quote="Cisco"]Not enough :wink:

My daily usage varies , on a normal weekday I may have a spliff during the day (sometimes not) roll a spliff for the walk to work (lately not as much) then I will smoke 2/3 doobs at night (depending on the size of stash that could be .3 in each or up to a G if I'm smoking pure . Weekends or after a particularly stressful day I may fire up the vaporiser (I usually use .2) maybe a couple of rounds !

This is all subject to change and depends how I feel could be more could be less
-
The_Kushler

Post by The_Kushler »

Right my two pence worth. I think you can smoke too much( me personally am not). Its obviously a personal descion as to how much is too much, and why that amount is excessive. Reasons could be cost. health, or maybe change of priorites. Too much for one person might not be enough for another.

Cannabis is non addictive right? So why do so many of you crave a spliff? Surely a non addictive drug shouldn't be craved right, makes sense. Hands up if you use tobacco with your joints. So addicties, the real addiction is the nicotine. I know from personal experience. I was maybe smoking at least half oz a week with tobacco. Four years ago i read a book on how to stop smoking tobacco and quit. Now i was like many others here, as in i never touched cigs just spliffs unless inappropriate eg public place. So i never really saw myself as a tobacco smoker ' i only smoke spliffs' mentallity. The first few days of stopping smoking tobbaco was murder, so so hard, i was gagging, for a joint right? Correct, so a had one, a pure one, should do the trick i thought. High as a kite i was, stoned yes, satisfied? no still craving? yes. This is when it dawned on me, the addiction is tobbaco. Sounds obvious, but when you 'never touch cigs' how can u be addicted to the stuff.

My whole reason for stopping smoking was the paranoia, so i understand where some of you are coming from. All attempts to stop in the past, like another poster, only lasted a matter of hours. But when JUST stopping the tobbaco first you'll quickly realise what a powerful substance tobacco is and how the weed is merely for flavour, the fact that you get stoned is just an added bonus really!! The cravings are for the tobacco. My weed intake went from at least half oz a week to much least than a quarter even though i only build pure ones. This is because i'm only getting high and NOT searching for that satisfied feeling you get after smoking tobacco.

It was not uncommon for me to have least 10 spliffs a day usually more. Now its two or three at the most. I get high, when its wearing off i'll have another. Where as before the nicotine would make me crave a spliff even when already stoned.

ALSO and this is a big also, i no longer get paranoid!! I dont believe this is down to smoking less weed though. Sometimes i still smoke a lot eg when in Dam or if i've got the boys round. i think its down to the lack of tobacco. :shock: :shock: :shock: Yes really i do think this. Marajuana is definitely a different drug when tobacco is added. Or not added in my case. I'm not saying tobacco makes you paranoid, i think its when the two are mixed. Obviously i have only got my personal experiences to go on.

I now have a new enthusiasm for cannabis, i'm back in love with it. Its no longer a chore, like how i assume many of you probably view it from time to time. I love trying all the new strains and old, and tasting the bud for what it is, not muddled together with another stubstance. I visit Dam more often - not scared to like before in case the strength of the Dam stuff made me extra para. All because i stopped mixing with tobacco! Plus i now smoke loads less, no more than a gram a day unless with company. Two 0.5g spliffs a day, perfect. They last a while too like a giant gobstopper!!

I could go on for ever about this subject really, so in conclusion, lol.
If you think your smoking too much, and cant stop, imho, your probably a tobacco addict because cannabis is NOT addictive- not phycially anyway. If u dont use tobacco then its all in your head lol and you should make an appointment with Dr Grinspoon :P
Last edited by The_Kushler on Fri 22nd Jul 2011 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Styl Eli

Post by Styl Eli »

The_Kushler wrote:Right my two pence worth. I think you can smoke too much( me personally am not). Its obviously a personal descion as to how much is too much, and why that amount is excessive. Reasons could be cost. health, or maybe change of priorites.... :P
Great read. I agree 100%. The tobacco part does make a lot of sense. I am not a chain smoker but I do mix the two. I am pretty sure it' is the tobacco that makes you wheeze after a while.

Does anyone else get that? It's almost a chore to smoke.
cantona7
Location: Seattle- trips to the 'dam, 7 by the time i caught up with freedom i was out of breathe

Post by cantona7 »

I'm pretty honest with myself so yea i probably do. only time i gotta check myself though is when im in a school quarter though. overall doesn't cause problems . mainly just gotta keep check on how much indicas i smoke during the day when im a full time student. otherwise i'll catch myself watching tv when I'm supposed to study. personally only thing that sometimes bothers me is i find myself having mj as my main life interest and pastime. this doesn't happen a lot but when it does i tend to get on myself to broaden my horizons again and find other interests, because for me to focus my life mainly on weed seems a bit of a waste of time. this is just me though to each their own 100%. i know guys who smoke 5-6 grams a day and still live very productive lives. also always found it kinda funny how people who smoke spliffs with tobacco claim not to be tobacco/cig smokers. mix it or not your still inhaling tobacco smoke and filter less no less. and iv seen some people who put so much baccy in that its basically a hand rolled cig spiked with a bit of weed/hash. nothing against spliff smokers though. admittedly i ENJOY the occasional spliff. im just honest with myself when i do.
Last edited by cantona7 on Thu 21st Jul 2011 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
educating myself and waiting for the next trip.
instagram @shooter_mcdabbin