Are you smoking too much?

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
highdro

Re: Are you smoking too much?

Post by highdro »

great post kushler, and i can relate to alot of that. cheers.

The_Kushler

Post by The_Kushler »

Thanks for the comments, it would be interesting to know how people smoke there marijuana, with or without tobacco and how much say a daily gram amount if that makes sense and when alone. Might be a correlation who knows? Or maybe i should just shut up lol :mrgreen: Just add it to the end of your post if you want to take part. Also if you smoke tobacco and marijuana separate from each other eg. cigs and bongs/pure spliffs. but NEVER them both mixed together please also state that. Put whether or not you think your smoking too much as well if you want lol :shock:

1g a day - without tobacco - not smoking too much.

Feel like i i'm hosting a AA meeting :lol: :lol: :lol: maybe this is stupid, guess i'll find out soon.....................
Iko

Post by Iko »

Great discussion guys.
I never smoke during the week, nor during the day.
I go months not smoking, sometimes even years.
It did take some effort to break the habbit ( years ago now, when i was a daily smoker ), and really it was the best thing i've done.
I feel alot healthier, lost a bunch of weight from not having the munchies every evening and saved alot of money.
Now I smoke on average twice a month, and it takes me very very little, i'd estimate .2 of a gram of hash, and i usually feel too high for the first 30 minutes or so :shock: :oops: and wish i'd taken less :lol: .
To answer the threads question, i still feel i smoke too often sometimes though, even the two to three times a month can in itself become a habbit, where in Saturday night rolls around, its 8pm and your mind auromaticly says " SMOKE TIME ".
I really do believe todays stuff is so strong that it does have an addictive element.
Once In A while You Get Shown The Light
cantona7
Location: Seattle- trips to the 'dam, 7 by the time i caught up with freedom i was out of breathe

Post by cantona7 »

apples and oranges imo. some people seriously function better on it so for those folks there really is no amt? even so though what may be to much for you may not for me. it just depends on the person.

me:
1-2(3-4 on those crazy days when i lose track :D ) grams a day generally and rarely with tobacco. mostly in joints, vapes and bongs. also tag onto this 3-4 dabs a day.

during school session: def 1-2 a day. mostly sativa. during finals..no set amt depends on how much $ i have and what kinda boring shit im studying.

on vacation: depends on where i am. :P
educating myself and waiting for the next trip.
instagram @shooter_mcdabbin
Styl Eli

Post by Styl Eli »

When I had my first kid I stopped for 3 years. Now i Tend to smoke for 2 months then take a month off. It's not exactly like that but pretty much. Basically when I get tired of smoking the same shit.

I find when smoking first thing in the morning it burns you out for the rest of the day. Waiting until after lunch is a lot better

As to what Kushler said about the nicotine being the driving force foe smoking so much I highly agree. I said it to myself all the time(i smoke joints like people smoke cigarettes) and i knew one was effecting the other. I took him to say it though for it to sink in.

Smoking weed by itself is fine but by mixing you extend the life of it by that extra joint per gram. For me it also adds to the smoke where it's a more fuller draw.

The next quarter i buy I will go no tobacco. I don't even really smoke cigs that much and the only time I buy them is when I got a bunch of weed to smoke.
Twichaldinho

Post by Twichaldinho »

Styl eil wrote: ....The next quarter i buy I will go no tobacco. I don't even really smoke cigs that much and the only time I buy them is when I got a bunch of weed to smoke.
I was the same untill last month, when i took the opertunity of a Months worth of travel, to drop the tabak....I still smoke the same amount now, just without the added Nicotine. I have noticed Zero difference to how stoned I get, zero difference to how much cash I spend, and Zero difference to how healthier I should feel....only difference is now I can join the high and mighty brigade who say things like " Imagine mixing yer weed and tabac " and "I can't understand mixing the two", and who can forget the classic "Aye, but you won't get as stoned as I do" :mrgreen:

The one thing that does suck, is I feel less sociable, as I dont pass me spliffs as much, 'cause friends don't smoke pure....and vice versa....
Endure
cantona7
Location: Seattle- trips to the 'dam, 7 by the time i caught up with freedom i was out of breathe

Post by cantona7 »

Twichaldinho wrote:
Styl eil wrote: ....The next quarter i buy I will go no tobacco. I don't even really smoke cigs that much and the only time I buy them is when I got a bunch of weed to smoke.
I was the same untill last month, when i took the opertunity of a Months worth of travel, to drop the tabak....I still smoke the same amount now, just without the added Nicotine. I have noticed Zero difference to how stoned I get, zero difference to how much cash I spend, and Zero difference to how healthier I should feel....only difference is now I can join the high and mighty brigade who say things like " Imagine mixing yer weed and tabac " and "I can't understand mixing the two", and who can forget the classic "Aye, but you won't get as stoned as I do" :mrgreen:

The one thing that does suck, is I feel less sociable, as I dont pass me spliffs as much, 'cause friends don't smoke pure....and vice versa....

keep up the good work man. takes much longer tjhan a month (in my experience anyway) to notice the positive effects of no tobacco. and if your friends wont hit the joint..belittle them until they do! :P
Styl Eli

Post by Styl Eli »

cantona7 wrote:
Twichaldinho wrote:

and if your friends wont hit the joint..belittle them until they do! :P
What are you talking about just smoke it by yourself then. lol

Seriously though because the weed is taking some of the place of the tobacco you going to still smoke a lot. Really you should stop smoking pot for a bit. Give your lungs a break for like 2 months and then ease your way back into it. you'll find the break refreshing.
Twichaldinho

Post by Twichaldinho »

Styl eil wrote:...Really you should stop smoking pot for a bit. Give your lungs a break for like 2 months and then ease your way back into it. you'll find the break refreshing.
But why? What good reason is there? If the answer is just because you think I'll feel refreshed, its hardly a valid reason....
If yer point is my wallet will feel refreshed, then that is a very valid point :lol:
My point is I ( Me ) can happily smoke pot ( whatever the amount ) and live a productive, and healthy life....Last time I was at my doctors, he told me I should stop smoking tobacco...I said duh...he never told me to stop smoking ganja...my doctor is a qualified professional.
Thanks for yer concern though, It's noted :wink:
Endure
highdro

Post by highdro »

i did roll with tobacco, so was and still am addicted to the tobacco. i plan to address that in the near future.

lately i was rolling with less tobacco and was rolling fatter zoots, to try and cut down on the number per day. not sure that really panned out if im honest. i guess i could end up smoking about 10 a day probably doing about half ounce a week, more if drink was involved which before i had my son two and a half years ago was quite often. ive had quite a knees up really in my life, between raving , football, concerts , trips to dam, jamaica, thailand ( i see a pattern emerging lol) my tolerance was right up there.

i could function in all day to day activity , work , jogging etc, was almost like a alchoholic i suppose that needs a drink before putting their mind to anything.

yep me and mary were inseperable and everyone knew it. hence my disbeleif it went the way it did.

shes not as innocent as she makes out, and beleive me not long ago i would have fought her corner to the end.

were all wired different i guess but it can get to you in the end. i personally couldnt go on the way i was.
The_Kushler

Post by The_Kushler »

When i stopped tobacco i smoked pure spliffs to help me get over the nicotine craving. Then i stopped smoking completely for about 6 months. I then went to Dam :mrgreen: :mrgreen: But i still think overall people who smoke tobacco smoke more weed - just my theory.

Health wise i feel no different really apart from never getting paranoid. Not that it was a major problem in the first place. Smoking joint after joint was the problem and removing the tobacco has cut down my weed intake drasticially.
cantona7

Post by cantona7 »

[/quote]What are you talking about just smoke it by yourself then. lol

Seriously though because the weed is taking some of the place of the tobacco you going to still smoke a lot. Really you should stop smoking pot for a bit. Give your lungs a break for like 2 months and then ease your way back into it. you'll find the break refreshing.[/quote]

different strokes for different folks as they say.

i stopped smoking for 6 months in 2009 when my dad was in last stage liver cancer. the longest time iv been w/o smoking in i don't know how long. i really didn't notice any positive effects or being refreshed. my lungs felt better but thats just common sense. mainly i noticed negative effects. I've always had trouble sleeping since i was about 14 years old. i found out early that a nice knock out indica before bed worked better than any sleeping pill w/o the hangover in the morning. i refuse to take pills for sleeping anymore so i found myself unable to fall asleep until 5-6 am. after a few weeks of this my sleep schedule got so screwed up i was going to bed at 10 am and waking up at 9 pm. was horrible. finally i decided to smoke again..and sure enough i was able to get my sleep schedule back and i haven't looked back. my 6 month break from smoking sucked. if all this means that according to some dr's definition im addicted then fair enough i am. but without weed to at the VERY least sleep i wouldn't be able to be nearly as good of a student.
Styl Eli

Post by Styl Eli »

Twichaldinho wrote:
Styl eil wrote:...Really you should stop smoking pot for a bit. Give your lungs a break for like 2 months and then ease your way back into it. you'll find the break refreshing.
But why? What good reason is there? If the answer is just because you think I'll feel refreshed, its hardly a valid reason....
If yer point is my wallet will feel refreshed, then that is a very valid point :lol:
My point is I ( Me ) can happily smoke pot ( whatever the amount ) and live a productive, and healthy life....Last time I was at my doctors, he told me I should stop smoking tobacco...I said duh...he never told me to stop smoking ganja...my doctor is a qualified professional.
Thanks for yer concern though, It's noted :wink:
Well didn't you say you wanted to stop smoking Tobacco? I'm just saying that because of the cravings you will have with cigs that stopping the both of them will make the transition easier. Every time I would smoke a joint I would have a cig right after as many do. That can be the addictive part just like getting used to smoking one a cig first thing in the morning with a cup of coffee. It's the routine that enhances the addiction I find. But seriously though you don't know what I am talking about because you have never done it before. I am only telling you what worked for me. In the end not smoking anything at all is the best for you just people try to chose the lesser of to evil's (evil being willfully putting tar in your lungs)
Juicylucy

Post by Juicylucy »

If i could i would puff all day no doubt
Styl Eli

Post by Styl Eli »

cantona7 wrote:
What are you talking about just smoke it by yourself then. lol

Seriously though because the weed is taking some of the place of the tobacco you going to still smoke a lot. Really you should stop smoking pot for a bit. Give your lungs a break for like 2 months and then ease your way back into it. you'll find the break refreshing.[/quote]

different strokes for different folks as they say.

i stopped smoking for 6 months in 2009 when my dad was in last stage liver cancer. the longest time iv been w/o smoking in i don't know how long. i really didn't notice any positive effects or being refreshed. my lungs felt better but thats just common sense. mainly i noticed negative effects. I've always had trouble sleeping since i was about 14 years old. i found out early that a nice knock out indica before bed worked better than any sleeping pill w/o the hangover in the morning. i refuse to take pills for sleeping anymore so i found myself unable to fall asleep until 5-6 am. after a few weeks of this my sleep schedule got so screwed up i was going to bed at 10 am and waking up at 9 pm. was horrible. finally i decided to smoke again..and sure enough i was able to get my sleep schedule back and i haven't looked back. my 6 month break from smoking sucked. if all this means that according to some dr's definition im addicted then fair enough i am. but without weed to at the VERY least sleep i wouldn't be able to be nearly as good of a student.[/quote]
When I stopped smoking I noticed the difference. 1. no morning flem, 2. at first it sucked but eventually it's easier to fall asleep, 3. more money in your pocket, 4. not as tired in the afternoon, 5. better stamina.

If your sleep schedule gets that messed up you are dependent on weed and that could be a problem. It takes time getting out of a routine that your body and mind are used to. That is the other major factor when trying to quit things generally.

I am not trying to tell anyone that they should stop smoking weed but realize after a certain point it does benefit you more in the long run. I smoked for 9 years and chose to stop for close to 3 because I had more responsibilities to take of than I previously had had. I have been smoking now for 6 years on and off and it's only because I was able to completely stop that now I see why having breaks benefit me. I am a binge smoker. When the money is right I smoke about a half ounce a week. After a bit of time I can feel when it's a good time for a break and that is a feeling you will never have if you never stopped for any real period of time. After your break when you start up again it is way better than if you just kept smoking. You get fucked up again. Today I don't get fucked up, I get buzzed. Big difference. In 2 months I start up again and it's like i was a rookie but I still sty and smoke the same amount and just end up knocking myself out and waking up sitting on the couch at 3 in the morning and am like "well i might as well smoke another for bed. lol