Strong MJ to be treated as class A drug,Dutch Govt.plans

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
HasAnyoneSeenMyPipe

Re: Strong MJ to be treated as class A drug,Dutch Govt.pla

Post by HasAnyoneSeenMyPipe »

Absolutely retarded, so will Absinthe or Alcoholic drinks over 15% be classed as hard drugs??? I thought not the cunts won't fuck with their own drug dealers..... barmen.

Themindwanders

Post by Themindwanders »

Holland is losing its appeal, bit by bit, give it a few years and they are gonna see tourism die on its arse. People love the liberalism of the Netherlands and the dutch people, but it is being stifled and will soon be gone.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride"
Boner

Post by Boner »

Themindwanders wrote:give it a few years and they are gonna see tourism die on its arse.
People keep saying this but I honestly dont think it'll ever die, there are far more people visit Amsterdam for the museums than the weed, the whole city break thing will always have a place no matter what they do, I saw a piece about a gay couple having to move because of the abuse they're getting which imo will have a bigger effect on Amsterdam than whatever they do regarding cannabis.
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
archambaut

Post by archambaut »

Notwithstanding the idiocy of placing MJ alongside herion and cocaine, I can't see how this can be enforced.

Will they check every bud from every batch in every coffeeshop? Bearing in
mind that many shops restock several times a day and absolute THC levels
are notoriously difficult to quantify.

What happens if a strain is classed at 14% and they get a strong batch, or just
one strong bud. I can see court cases coming out of this, and not much else.

Of course, one can always roll a joint 10% longer to compensate -
does that then make it a hard drug?

Stupid, stupid, stupid...
Only the paranoid survive (who said that?) :?
Boner

Post by Boner »

Like I said previously I would guess the government will make the coffeeshop get each batch of every weed/hash they get tested and then have the relevant documentation to prove what the thc level is, according to Nol this costs approx €1000 so what we'll end up with is lower strength weed at a much higher price, this will drive the weed tourists away (who wants to pay say €20+ for a gram of Orange Bud?) which will in turn make some businesses shut up shop which is what this current government seem to want anyway, I hope I'm wrong.
archambaut

Post by archambaut »

Boner wrote:Like I said previously I would guess the government will make the coffeeshop get each batch of every weed/hash they get tested and then have the relevant documentation to prove what the thc level is, according to Nol this costs approx €1000 so what we'll end up with is lower strength weed at a much higher price, this will drive the weed tourists away (who wants to pay say €20+ for a gram of Orange Bud?) which will in turn make some businesses shut up shop which is what this current government seem to want anyway, I hope I'm wrong.
Great news for the breweries and street dealers then, another victory in the War in Drugs.
Only the paranoid survive (who said that?) :?
donpacino

Post by donpacino »

donpacino wrote:So does anyone know if each city/municipality can decide to ignore this if they wish? Like the weed pass, or would this law have to be followed throughout the whole of the netherlands?
So does anyone know the answer to this?
What is thy bidding my master?
Boner

Post by Boner »

donpacino wrote:
donpacino wrote:So does anyone know if each city/municipality can decide to ignore this if they wish? Like the weed pass, or would this law have to be followed throughout the whole of the netherlands?
So does anyone know the answer to this?
From what I'm reading this will cover the whole of the Netherlands, no exceptions.
Spacefunk

Post by Spacefunk »

Boner wrote:Like I said previously I would guess the government will make the coffeeshop get each batch of every weed/hash they get tested and then have the relevant documentation to prove what the thc level is, according to Nol this costs approx €1000 so what we'll end up with is lower strength weed at a much higher price, this will drive the weed tourists away (who wants to pay say €20+ for a gram of Orange Bud?) which will in turn make some businesses shut up shop which is what this current government seem to want anyway, I hope I'm wrong.
I guess that's the only way they can do it. Like you say, it'll cause less potent weed to cost more, which is ridiculous since the prices are already quite high.
But what happens, then, if a coffeeshop wants to - for example - sell the shake and kief it has left in the tubs of bud? If you scoop up a pile of trichs, even if the bud it came from was 13-14%, that kief will be well over that limit in terms of THC% by weight. Putting that into a bag or pressing it into blocks of skuff and selling it is then selling a cannabis product stronger than 15%. Has the kief from the previously legal plants become illegal as it detaches itself from the buds and forms into piles at the bottom with other trichomes?
Boner

Post by Boner »

I dont think the % of thc works like that.

Edit: Actually fuck knows, maybe they wont be allowed to sell it.
A Leprechaun

Post by A Leprechaun »

Getting to the stage where other European destinations are beginning to become more and more appealing.
if you cant eat it drink it smoke it or snort it then feck it it mad sweeney
Spacefunk

Post by Spacefunk »

Boner wrote:I dont think the % of thc works like that.

Edit: Actually fuck knows, maybe they wont be allowed to sell it.
If they are allowed to sell it, then wouldn't they also be allowed to sell isolators and hashes made from bud which was originally below 15%?

I don't really know if there is a reasonable way around the whole thing, but I'm guessing that for the sake of consistency and certainty that's the way they'd have to do it - any product being sold to the customer may only contain 15% THC.

Also just read somewhere that the way they'll be monitoring it is the police will conduct random tests of weed samples from coffeeshops, and it is the coffeeshops' responsibity to ensure their product falls within the permitted potency. This will surely drive the prices up considerably, so the scenario of paying 20€ for a gram of Orange Bud or Top 44 doesn't sound impossible at all.
highdro

Post by highdro »

The extinction policy rolls on, it has many forms does'nt it.
donpacino

Post by donpacino »

I have just been on the official dutch governments website and there is no mention of this at all i would of thought a change in law like this would make it on to there website if it was going in to effect, from what i can see no official statement has been made as of yet.

Wouldnt the cabinet need to go through parliament to do this? Surely the cabinet cant just decide to do it and it would need to be debated and voted on etc?

I read on here march/april is the projected date things will change, maybe this is because they need to go through parliament to get the ok and maybe it might be shot down? Who knows.
What is thy bidding my master?
Boner

Post by Boner »

donpacino wrote:I have just been on the official dutch governments website and there is no mention of this at all i would of thought a change in law like this would make it on to there website if it was going in to effect, from what i can see no official statement has been made as of yet.
http://www.rijksoverheid.nl/regering/he ... ddrug.html

http://www.rijksoverheid.nl/nieuws/2011 ... ddrug.html

Return to “Coffeeshops and Cannabis”