Cannabis Cup Raided By Police

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
puffthemagicdragon

Re: Cannabis Cup Raided By Police

Post by puffthemagicdragon »

I'm pleased to see the event is going ahead today.

http://hightimes.com/news/ht_admin/7413

Seems like none of the attendees were targetted, just the vendors.

It's not good news at all and is worrying, BUT there's no mention of it in the Dutch news sites I subscribe to today. Could that be a sign that it's just a one off or am I being too optimistic?

Boner

Post by Boner »

From what I've been told on Facebook any judges with their passes on show were targeted as well, I dont know if any arrests were made though.
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

nope..just stripped of their weed and hash
rockin into the night
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

USBONGLORD wrote:nope..just stripped of their weed and hash

Turned over & looted by the dutch cops at the expo! :( lol a couple gave me a good look the other night there before driving away,Thought they were gona stop for a sec lol.
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

now they are hunting down white guys with dreadlocks and shooting flamethrowers at them...mass riot in front of voyagers..thousands dead...a few hippies still moving but they are on short time...steel darts through the head...we are throwing joints out the window to keep the few that are still fighting motivated...flaming spoon balls are keeping the rollers at bay but its just a matter of time before they storm the walls...the kosher kush is keeping us strong but for how long?..how much more can we take..folks im tellin ya..this is all bullshit,.,,,im baked and kermit just got here,,basjoes gonna burn tonight..see ya :mrgreen:
rockin into the night
SGawain235

Post by SGawain235 »

USBONGLORD wrote:now they are hunting down white guys with dreadlocks and shooting flamethrowers at them...mass riot in front of voyagers..thousands dead...a few hippies still moving but they are on short time...steel darts through the head...we are throwing joints out the window to keep the few that are still fighting motivated...flaming spoon balls are keeping the rollers at bay but its just a matter of time before they storm the walls...the kosher kush is keeping us strong but for how long?..how much more can we take..folks im tellin ya..this is all bullshit,.,,,im baked and kermit just got here,,basjoes gonna burn tonight..see ya :mrgreen:
Are there zombies there? Are the Dutch confusing stoners with zombies?
Did you think you'd get rid of me that easily?
Rasa

Post by Rasa »

Joshuadrooney wrote:
USBONGLORD wrote:LOSE your pass...they are targetin pass wearers..see ya at basjoe
What he said. One thing, USBL, you know in that amsterdam video you made with all the pics? What is the name of the rap song at the beginning? I wanna put it on my iPod lol
This is pretty sad.... it makes me wonder if High Times will plan on continuing the Annual Cup in Ams. California obviously is starting to seem like the most valid canidate as well as Colorado which is of no complaint to me but it just makes me sad. Amsterdam isnt just about the weed its about being able to get together with like minded people in a comfortable environment and enjoy smoking herb. I still am planning another 420 trip potentially but we shall see how things progress.

and to answer your question the song is "Geef Mij Mar Amsterdam" by THC
-Rasa
Joshuadrooney

Post by Joshuadrooney »

Rasa wrote:
Joshuadrooney wrote:
USBONGLORD wrote:LOSE your pass...they are targetin pass wearers..see ya at basjoe
What he said. One thing, USBL, you know in that amsterdam video you made with all the pics? What is the name of the rap song at the beginning? I wanna put it on my iPod lol
This is pretty sad.... it makes me wonder if High Times will plan on continuing the Annual Cup in Ams. California obviously is starting to seem like the most valid canidate as well as Colorado which is of no complaint to me but it just makes me sad. Amsterdam isnt just about the weed its about being able to get together with like minded people in a comfortable environment and enjoy smoking herb. I still am planning another 420 trip potentially but we shall see how things progress.

Many thanks dude
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them
ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Post by ed the head »

As I understand it, no arrests occurred. Police were targeting
the vendors for violations of the Opium Act. I believe that the
departing participants had their cannabis confiscated to help
identify any occurrences of vendor violation of the Opium Act.

On the one hand, the police action was measured in that it
was targeted at vendors and no participants suffered legal
consequence.

On the other hand, this selected enforcement
of an otherwise largely overlooked law will have a negative
impact for all parties. It will undoubtedly affect business in
Amsterdam negatively, not only cannabis businesses, but
all related tourist services as well. In this way, the Dutch
Right wing win only the anger and opposition of the people.
Meanwhile, the Danes are moving toward a rational cannabis
distribution model in Copenhagen. Will 2012 see Copenhagen
competing with Amsterdam for cannabis tourism? Since 1977(?)
the Dutch have prospered with a monopoly on the growing
global cannabis tourism trade. Soon this will change with
Copenhagen, and hopefully more cities.
He who tries to shine dims his own light
Boner

Post by Boner »

Rasa wrote:
Joshuadrooney wrote:

I keep seeing people say hold it in the states, shame it would be restricted to people living in said state and those that have medical cards, imagine the californians if they held it there, they already think they have the best weed in the world as it is.
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

ill have my own cup each year back home..25 strains and i get to win everytime :mrgreen: headed down to basjoe ,dead hippies everywhere
rockin into the night
Boner

Post by Boner »

USBONGLORD wrote:ill have my own cup each year back home..25 strains and i get to win everytime :mrgreen: headed down to basjoe ,dead hippies everywhere
Why not, I reckon you could get quite a few judges if you wanted? ;)

Enjoy your evening.
HasAnyoneSeenMyPipe

Post by HasAnyoneSeenMyPipe »

USBONGLORD wrote:ill have my own cup each year back home..25 strains and i get to win everytime :mrgreen: headed down to basjoe ,dead hippies everywhere
LOL. Enjoy yourself Bong.
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

bigs wrote:Fuck em, they are really digging their own hole here.
we all know that without the weed amsterdam is somewhere u visit once. It isnt london paris or new york at the end of the day.

Why even have a cup if they are just gona bust them?
Bilbo Baggins

Post by Bilbo Baggins »

Well I guess the Dutch will just sort this out for themselves, meanwhile I was going to trip to Amsterdam Feb and maybe August, but if this represents a sample of things to come I wont bother.

PS USbonglord I really enjoyed the slide show you posted, I was intrigued by the small jars of pasty brown substance that kept appearing. I am assuming this is the infamous SPOON ?
Dam Square/Damraak Webcam Live http://hdtv.webcam.nl/website/page1/pag ... creen.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;