So the Weed pass thing? and your thoughts?

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
spidergawd

Re: So the Weed pass thing? and your thoughts?

Post by spidergawd »

cattales1960 wrote: Spidergawd, there is a protest being organized on 420 in Hyde Park. You ought to go to that one.

Thanks Nol for the updates.
I might be in Holland Cat, I like the T&T's. I thought I might take my bike over around then and spend a couple of days in Amsterdam on route to somewhere more interesting :P :P :lol: :lol:.

What a long strange trip it is.
Slip & Sal

Post by Slip & Sal »

Uncle Ron wrote:
Quazer wrote:Some crazy out of the box idea that won't happen in reality but could make a difference: All the cs owners of Amsterdam unite in protest and decide to have all shops closed for a set period of time - let's say 3 days for example. All having the same message displayed in the doors/windows saying something like "With the current gov. plans of the weed pass, our shop would have to close in 2014. By 2015 there would be no more coffeeshops in the city of Amsterdam. If you want to help us keeping our coffeeshop open then please call [gov #]... write an letter or email to [@gov]....".
I know the cs would loose a load of money and some tourists would probably go berserk. Your thoughts?
IMHO, nothing crazy about wanting to help... +1
You did hit the main snag in your idea, C/S's would loose money if closed for these days, but given what may possibly be in the near future... tough call.
Pulling a thread from your message idea, maybe do a series of posters along the lines of Refer Madness, but instead of the madness being caused by the use, it would be caused by the new policy/law. Depict people out of work, bread lines (wtf? hehe), projected crime statistics, citizens screaming in the streets as cannabis plants are thrown out of windows into large piles and lit aflame, etc... :shock: :o :evil: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm no artist, but someone with a bit of talent could create something like this, maybe even get it printed and distributed!?

Better to have (and share) ideas regardless of how viewed than to just do nothing.
Light up the hammers. :mrgreen:
thats a good idea
I don't take drugs, I am Drugs.
Smokey McPot

Post by Smokey McPot »

Thanks Nol
If carlsburg made weed it would be northern lights 5x
Slip & Sal

Post by Slip & Sal »

Smokey McPot wrote:Thanks Nol
seconded
Thanks Mate!
I don't take drugs, I am Drugs.
Grumblefoot

Post by Grumblefoot »

Thanks Nol
puffthemagicdragon

Post by puffthemagicdragon »

Thanks Nol - much appreciated
ynwa

Post by ynwa »

Yeah thanks Nol. Keep us updated.
Youll Never Walk Alone
joossy

Post by joossy »

Hi Nol,

Thank you for your recent post with the updates regarding areas of Holland.

I do hope loads of people support the 420 smokeout & I agree with your points as to why the weedpass wont work and I hope that the powers that be in Haarlam and further afield will see that & want to save the coffee shops as well.

Can you give us your opinion on Amsterdam?

As you know the Dutch Tolerance Policy, that provides the legislation under which the Dutch coffee shops can operate, was renewed on 1st July 2011 and will be valid until June 30th, 2015. So it means that the weedpass, can only be implemented through local legislation & as we know city councils like Amsterdam do not want the weedpass scheme, can you tell us your opinion as to whether you think a weedpass will come into effect in 2013 for Amsterdam specifically?

Thanks again.
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

spidergawd wrote:
cattales1960 wrote: Spidergawd, there is a protest being organized on 420 in Hyde Park. You ought to go to that one.

Thanks Nol for the updates.
I might be in Holland Cat, I like the T&T's. I thought I might take my bike over around then and spend a couple of days in Amsterdam on route to somewhere more interesting :P :P :lol: :lol:.
Hey Cat I just looked that up, it looks like it'll be 10 hippies and a guitar :D :D. I'm too old for that, my leg joints dont do cross legged on the ground very well. :P

http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/s ... -Hyde-park

Unless you are on a weed forum you wouldn't know about 420 here, I'd never heard of it before I came on ACD :D.

Blue skies :D
What a long strange trip it is.
nolvanschaik

Post by nolvanschaik »

For those in doubt, Opstelten came especially to Amsterdam to state that Amsterdam WILL have the weedpass, no exceptions.

http://www.at5.nl/artikelen/75886/opste ... at5+nieuws
In Cannabis Fidelis
puffthemagicdragon

Yes I saw that. Unfortunately I didn't understand the video.

But from what I've seen and heard from him before he really doesn't get it does he? He's going to lose his country so much money. I'm sure the taxpayers will be thrilled at having to dig deeper in their pockets to compensate for it. :roll:

Oppressorston (or whatever his name is) is the kind of man who you'd be terrified of running into down a dark alley with his scary, angry face! :wink:
Smokey McPot

Post by Smokey McPot »

puffthemagicdragon wrote: Oppressorston (or whatever his name is)
Rofl classic Puff
If carlsburg made weed it would be northern lights 5x
CannaSir

Post by CannaSir »

puffthemagicdragon wrote: Oppressorston (or whatever his name is) is the kind of man who you'd be terrified of running into down a dark alley with his scary, angry face! :wink:
Actually, if I didnt know he was a fascist bastard I'd've not thought it so much of old Oppy! When you said scary angry face I envisioned something like this

or this

I think Oppy's quite friendly-looking by comparison! :lol: :lol:
Wash yerself up quick, babe. Star Trek's on.
puffthemagicdragon

Those red eyes look like he's been spending too much time in a ...... coffee shop!!! :lol:
nolvanschaik

Post by nolvanschaik »

All he says is:
"Ladies and gentlemen we know smoking cannabis is bad. and thus Amsterdam will not have a choice and will allso be included in the weedpass-policy wich does not allow tourists to enter and makes registration at 1 coffeeshop mandatory if you want to buy weed there..."
They will just have to get used to it, in the end they will all say this was a good decision.
In Cannabis Fidelis