So the Weed pass thing? and your thoughts?

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
treetop

Re: So the Weed pass thing? and your thoughts?

Post by treetop »

youngian wrote:I wonder how many residents who don't go into coffeeshops might apply for a Wietpas and lend it out to tourists for a few Euros.
Excellent thought. It brings up a few questions about how foolproof is the system. Has anyone actually seen a wietpass yet? Do we know how much info they contain?

If there is no picture or any other easily identifiable then a whole new cottage industry could spring up.

However adding yet another middleman to the ever increasing chain has got to add cost to the eqution.

How much did you produce?
Smokey McPot

Post by Smokey McPot »

So far as I understand it..

There is no physical pass as such ie you don't get a card or id.
The deal is you register at the ONE Coffeeshop of your choice, on registering you will be required to have a Dutch passport and local permanant address.

whether or not the cs owners decide to flout that law remains to be seen.

Kinda goes against the whole point for me tho, I can flout the law in the comfort of my own living room, no need to go to Amsterdam anymore if it is no longer the "tolerant" Society it once was

Peace
G
If carlsburg made weed it would be northern lights 5x
treetop

Post by treetop »

Smokey McPot wrote:So far as I understand it..

There is no physical pass as such ie you don't get a card or id.
The deal is you register at the ONE Coffeeshop of your choice, on registering you will be required to have a Dutch passport and local permanant address.

whether or not the cs owners decide to flout that law remains to be seen.

Kinda goes against the whole point for me tho, I can flout the law in the comfort of my own living room, no need to go to Amsterdam anymore if it is no longer the "tolerant" Society it once was

Peace
G
All we know for sure is that the wietpass means locals have to register using passport at weed shop of their choice.

The rest of the implications remain unclear and are worth discussing.

Does this mean I can't take my own weed bought off a street dealer or wherever and smoke it in a coffeeshop or bar now?

Does this mean locals have to show their passport every time they buy weed?

Does this mean the police will crack down on tourists with weed?

Lots of peripheral questions relating to the wietpass......
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

treetop wrote:
Smokey McPot wrote: Peace
G
All we know for sure is that the wietpass means locals have to register using passport at weed shop of their choice.
The rest of the implications remain unclear and are worth discussing.
Does this mean I can't take my own weed bought off a street dealer or wherever and smoke it in a coffeeshop or bar now?
Does this mean locals have to show their passport every time they buy weed?
Does this mean the police will crack down on tourists with weed?
Lots of peripheral questions relating to the wietpass......
All we know? Who's we? Ya got a mouse in your pocket there bud? :shock: :lol: :wink:
Unclear? Not to this stoner. In fact, most is relatively clear to me. As with most things in life, it worth discussing.
The Wietpass:
1. Dutch citizens/registered residents only...................... Not sure where the confusion is?
2. Dutch citizens/residents register with one shop only. This will be for purchases, possibly entry into the shop as well, like a private club. I'm not clear on this point. :oops: :lol:
3. If I were a staff member of a shop with 2000 registered customers, in all likelihood I am not going to know/remember 80% of them, so how do they prove to me that they are a member? Well, here's a no brainer, they show proof of identity in accordance with the law.

Bottom line - Dutch only. Where's the confusion?
treetop

Post by treetop »

[quo
Last edited by treetop on Tue 11th Oct 2016 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Slip & Sal

Post by Slip & Sal »

Can't we all just say we will be living at Gapie's house :mrgreen: for the next six months, get pass go to coffeeshop register, smoke and buy weed. De-Register, go down the road register, and so on.... It does say only registered amount of 2000 in one shop can't see you fitting 2000 in there at once and no one has said you can't de register, the coffeeshop could just give you a card so your next registration is free.
I don't take drugs, I am Drugs.
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

treetop wrote: It's the Royal 'we' Ron. I'm actually Queen Beatrice in disguise. :lol:
and I tend to get confused when I post after 10+ bong hits. However only had 5 s far today so all is good and not confused.... yet.
Finally may I point out you are also speculating unless you already have and have used a wietpass yourself. Perhaps the system is very easily circumvented in some other way that 'we' (as in you and I) are not aware.
Queen B? Oh you tramp.... :shock: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
I was just taking a semi-piss, which by your reply of course you got... :P :lol: :mrgreen:
Speculation on my part? Nope. The Dutch Govt. has stated Dutch only, registered at one shop only, buy at that shop only.
At one time I was a card carrying member with Roots-Oase and Huzur 33 in Venlo. That all went by the way of the Dodo on 1 May 2012.
When I was issued the "pass", my passport information was scanned into a database. Whenever the card was used, an entry was made into the database.
When I made a purchase, the information would be stored (24hrs I think), so that I couldn't make any further purchases within the same day.

I've said it before, not my country, not my problem.
Until I'm refused entry, I will continue to support the coffeeshop scene.
Happy trails...
bell

Post by bell »

I wonder how you could, and how difficult it be, to obtain a weed card that you're not actually entitled to.
free_phil_spector

Post by free_phil_spector »

I thought the only law change is that tourists will no longer be allowed to buy weed from coffeeshops? I haven't read anything about a change to the law with regards to possession or consumption ("Honestly officer, someone gave it to me" :lol: ). I imagine you'd still be able to go to a smoke-friendly non-coffeeshop (Stones Cafe for instance) and blaze away. Surely they're not gonna ask to see your wietpas in every bar where you can toke?
It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate - it takes guts to be gentle and kind...
The_Kushler

Post by The_Kushler »

I personally think we are all fucked. :shock:
Most Dutch couldn't care less and I don't think the tourist trade will be affected as much as some may think.
Cudi_420

Post by Cudi_420 »

It's just such a stupid, perhaps unintentionally racist policy. I seriously think it's been implemented out of pure distaste for that level of free enterprise and (definitely) personal freedom without any sort of benefit for the government, and there's no way a conservative government remains relaxed on maintaining that sort of drug market, let's be honest.

I would think that the best way to counter this long term, the entire industry should try and legitimately grow in a local capacity, and work those freedoms back over a decade or two.
puffthemagicdragon

Post by puffthemagicdragon »

And from today add Dordrecht and Hoofddorp to those who ban foreigners from coffee shops.

Let's not forget Hoofddorp is very, very close to Amsterdam - right at the end of the runway at Schipol. Lots of the airport hotels are in Hoofddorp. So it's creeping ever closer. :(
Adamster

Post by Adamster »

if that thing EVER comes in Power..ill be getting married and moving there :wink: too one of my little dutch friends either in Harlingen or in Groningen 8) fuck ill only be few 100s km away :D
ill be living the dream :D ill be so close to them island also :D and germany :D denmark :D im loving this weitpas thing!! (lol)
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Adamster wrote:if that thing EVER comes in Power..ill be getting married and moving there :wink: too one of my little dutch friends either in Harlingen or in Groningen 8) fuck ill only be few 100s km away :D
ill be living the dream :D ill be so close to them island also :D and germany :D denmark :D im loving this weitpas thing!! (lol)

Yeh right, your dicks only been blue light bashing since yer made up last bird ran off with your care assistant, :lol:

Like many you live in a dream land :lol:
dconstrukt

Post by dconstrukt »

big deal... you have a pass.... the shops will be dead.... nothing like going into a bar/coffeshop to hang with 1-2 ppl.... yawn.

one of the cool things as we all know is going and hanging with a bunch of ppl... meeting new ppl.... chilling out... the vibe... all that will be lost.

btw a buddy told me by 2014 they're planning on closing 200 coffeeshops.... if the pass thing goes through.

he works @ greenhouse... but no clue if what he says is legit.

all in all, i'm not worrying about it... if it happens, so be it. can't worry about things you can't control.