Coffeeshops Lounge like Barneys Lounge?

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
Smokin´Brazil

Coffeeshops Lounge like Barneys Lounge?

Post by Smokin´Brazil »

Hey guys what's up !

Since I am going with my wife to the Dam, I am looking for more cozy and chilled places to smoke then very frenetic crowd ones. I saw on the internet, BARNEY'S LOUNGE seems to be really nice in that sense, so I would like to get more tips from you guys from CS that seems that one.

I've seen these but they didn't convinced me yet - unless you guys says I must go to!
01-) Kashmir Lounge - I am in doubt of this one. Is it good? Do they sell weed as well over there?
02- Green House Lounge - It's too far from where I will be (Niewmarket Square). Plus I am not sure if it's not crowdy, since it's very popular and in popular zone.
03-) Arabica Lounge - This one seems to be nice, but I would like to know also your opinion (who was there already).

I am accepting more tips and really really thank you guys for caring and advising me some nice places to go with that kind of feeling (something less crowd, more cozy, good shakes, coffees and WEED of course hehe) :mrgreen:

thank's a lot !

nel z bub

Re: Coffeeshops Lounge like Barneys Lounge?

Post by nel z bub »

If you are in the Nieuwemarkt area, then Hill street blues has a lovely place on the square.
Great drinks and a sunny terrace to sit and watch the world go by.
-nice things for nice people-
Smokin´Brazil

Post by Smokin´Brazil »

Many thank's Nel ! I will go from June 10th till 13th, do you think that's a busy period? And Hill Street Blues is a busy CS or sometimes I can get it not so crowd?

Thx once more for your kind tips :)
nel z bub

Post by nel z bub »

Mid June is likely to be busy in the area but it's still a great spot to watch the city from.
Basjoe's is very popular among the folks here and not far from where you'll be, the same goes for Voyagers.
Amnesia is a great place to chill when it's not too busy.
To be slightly immodest, I should recommend you come check out Utopia, where I work.
I'd hope the vibe would be to your liking.
Also while you are in that area, Homegrown Fantasy is a very relaxed place to pass an hour or two, at least it always was when I worked there. I still pop in for a coffee occasionally and it remains one of my favorite places.
These are all just off the top of my head, the coffeeshop review threads on this forum will really be your friend on this one.
Hope you and your wife have a great trip.
-nice things for nice people-
Smokin´Brazil

Post by Smokin´Brazil »

Hey Nel, thank you once more for all those tips. Just seeing the nice guy you are I will do my best to come up to Utopia and meet you there man. 8)

I will take a note of each tip you gave me to help my travel be even more with the feeling I want to have :)

Thx and thx again - people, I am still waiting for more and more tips, plz :)
Dave J

Post by Dave J »

While many coffeeshops can of cause get busy, seems to be more and more have outside seasting these days. So I'd suggest if the inside is a little to busy for your liking then just take a seat out front (or back) if the weather is good. Nothing like having a smoke sat outside watching the world drift by.
Smokin´Brazil

Post by Smokin´Brazil »

Dave J wrote:While many coffeeshops can of cause get busy, seems to be more and more have outside seasting these days. So I'd suggest if the inside is a little to busy for your liking then just take a seat out front (or back) if the weather is good. Nothing like having a smoke sat outside watching the world drift by.
That´s a great tip! But is it possible to Smoke outside the CS? I thought it won´t be possible... I know you can smoke everywhere, but I mean, if a police guy see me smoking in a outside terrace, won´t he come talk shit to me? lol
Dave J

Post by Dave J »

Smokin´Brazil wrote:
Dave J wrote:While many coffeeshops can of cause get busy, seems to be more and more have outside seasting these days. So I'd suggest if the inside is a little to busy for your liking then just take a seat out front (or back) if the weather is good. Nothing like having a smoke sat outside watching the world drift by.
That´s a great tip! But is it possible to Smoke outside the CS? I thought it won´t be possible... I know you can smoke everywhere, but I mean, if a police guy see me smoking in a outside terrace, won´t he come talk shit to me? lol
Well in general your not supposed to smoke on the street, not that many pay attention to that lol. But if a coffeeshop has seating outside then prehaps that "terrace" space is thought of as coming under the licence of the coffeeshop thus you can smoke a joint on outside seating provided by coffeeshops?. Guess others may clarify that part better than myself. But I've smoked outside a number of coffeeshops that has provided seating and never had a problem and never recall of hearing of any member on here that has either.
scorchingdick

Post by scorchingdick »

i think youll find pretty much every coffeeshop is cozy and chilled!
i do like it in barneys lounge though
Adamster

Post by Adamster »

Green house far? Hell no greenhouse is about 3minute walk (high could be a 10minute walk) :roll: Oudezijds Voorburgwal 191 << Greenhouse in RLD :o Bleu bird aint far either Basjoes aint far either ..F..ck all of centrum aint far from ANYTHING...youll be max 2-3kms from centraal to museumpleins and from east to west 1-2kms!!! Very small CENTRUM :roll: and walking is good for ya ;)

if you would i said im near Vondel or north amsterdam then yeah that could be far to walk ....
Smokin´Brazil

Post by Smokin´Brazil »

Adamster wrote:Green house far? Hell no greenhouse is about 3minute walk (high could be a 10minute walk) :roll: Oudezijds Voorburgwal 191 << Greenhouse in RLD :o Bleu bird aint far either Basjoes aint far either ..F..ck all of centrum aint far from ANYTHING...youll be max 2-3kms from centraal to museumpleins and from east to west 1-2kms!!! Very small CENTRUM :roll: and walking is good for ya ;)

if you would i said im near Vondel or north amsterdam then yeah that could be far to walk ....

LOL... I still need to get familiarized with Amsterdam streets mate, sorry... Plus I rent a bike to walk overthere, so I think it won´t be so far hehe... Just one note: I mentioned Greenhouse Lounge and not just Greenhouse, did you see that? What do you think about Greenhouse Lounge place? :)
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

Amsterdam is a really small place compared to other big citys.
The only problem is : Every canal looks the same rofl

Greenhouse and barneys both are pretty good places ,
but you PAY for good comodity . I'd go for Arabica Lounge

But i'd still rather smoke all my goodies @
Nes Cause you can drink and smoke which can be loads of fun ( drunk irish etc xD )
Club Media Cause its CLEAN , SMOKELESS , LAIDBACK and your girlfriend probably wouldnt mind sitting here
Voyagers Small , cozy , has cats , has best weeds in town
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
Smokin´Brazil

Post by Smokin´Brazil »

RvanSteensel wrote:Amsterdam is a really small place compared to other big citys.
The only problem is : Every canal looks the same rofl

Greenhouse and barneys both are pretty good places ,
but you PAY for good comodity . I'd go for Arabica Lounge

But i'd still rather smoke all my goodies @
Nes Cause you can drink and smoke which can be loads of fun ( drunk irish etc xD )
Club Media Cause its CLEAN , SMOKELESS , LAIDBACK and your girlfriend probably wouldnt mind sitting here
Voyagers Small , cozy , has cats , has best weeds in town

Thx for your tips mate. I don´t care paying for comodity, since I know how exigent my wife is ! hehe :D

Nice that you´ve mentioned Club Media, it´s a new name in my list... The others I already had, thx a lot :)
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

Smokin´Brazil wrote:
RvanSteensel wrote:]

Thx for your tips mate. I don´t care paying for comodity, since I know how exigent my wife is ! hehe :D

Nice that you´ve mentioned Club Media, it´s a new name in my list... The others I already had, thx a lot :)
Go there !
Cheap , clean , well grown weed ! Best service !
They even have a coin operated massage chair !
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
Epsilon

Post by Epsilon »

You may give New Times a shot - On Spui ...between the Square and Softland ...Became a favorite of ours last June/July
got this shot on a quiet Sunday morning ...