It's Looking Good For Us Now... The Tide Is Turning!!!

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
tdw121270

Re: It's Looking Good For Us Now... The Tide Is Turning!!!

Post by tdw121270 »

I heard somewhere that tourism in Amsterdam brings in approx €400,000000 a year. So looks like the major has done his sums and opted for the right decision. Nice one mr Eberhard van der Laan.

SUPERSTAR

Next trip 1st August 2015. 2 weeks camping/putting my feet up.
free_phil_spector

Post by free_phil_spector »

^^

Looks like a pothead to me :mrgreen:
It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate - it takes guts to be gentle and kind...
Lazaris

Post by Lazaris »

what is that number?

€400,000000 a year

€400,000,000 a year

FOUR HUNDRED MILLION PER YEAR...lol

YES...he is a very smart man...and will continue to make a lot of rich people happy

now it will be 500 or maybe 600 million EUR :lol:
tdw121270 wrote:I heard somewhere that tourism in Amsterdam brings in approx €400,000000 a year. So looks like the major has done his sums and opted for the right decision. Nice one mr Eberhard van der Laan.

SUPERSTAR
greenking

Post by greenking »

Wicked news it makes sense not to lose all that money stoners rarely cause trouble now booze is another matter can't wait to hit dam on the 12th taken me years to get back again
peace to all who walk through greener fields
Lazaris

Post by Lazaris »

greenking wrote:Wicked news it makes sense not to lose all that money stoners rarely cause trouble now booze is another matter can't wait to hit dam on the 12th taken me years to get back again
isn't it a trip that mofos allow alcohol and at the same time keep moving the line further back and back

probably just trying to get a bigger cut of the budget pie :?:
Semprini

Post by Semprini »

Has anyone got any idea as to what might happen in the 3 southern provinces where the pass is already in place? I'm heading over to Eindhoven next Easter (as I do every year) and had resigned myself to the fact that I wouldn't be able to go in any coffeeshops. Don't really fancy buying off 15 year olds on their BMX's and then hiding in a park smoking it.
Colino

Post by Colino »

Semprini wrote:Has anyone got any idea as to what might happen in the 3 southern provinces where the pass is already in place? I'm heading over to Eindhoven next Easter (as I do every year) and had resigned myself to the fact that I wouldn't be able to go in any coffeeshops. Don't really fancy buying off 15 year olds on their BMX's and then hiding in a park smoking it.
everything at the moment is uncertain. we do not know what will happen in amsterdam and other cities tjat do not have the pass now so it's impossible to predict that. let's wait until there is something official, I think we'll know at the end of the year
highdro

Post by highdro »

great news , well done mr van der laan for taking the common sense approach and arguably the correct one. well you wont find us argueing anyway :D

The real thanks i think should go to the likes of nol and all other campaigners who have fought this all the way, while most of us have anxiously waited on news ,well done people and a big thanks.

As always though until total decrimilisation this is a battle won and not the war. enjoy your 2013 trips :D
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

Mr. van Der Laan done pissed off the folks in Den Haag.
The following quote is from a government spokeswoman, copied from a link in another weed pass thread.
"The coalition agreement says that tourists will be banned from coffee shops in the whole country," a spokeswoman said. "What accommodation there will be for local requirements has not yet been finalized."
... :|
joossy

Post by joossy »

ron your not helping with posting this on all the threads, means this is the third time i have to correct you :wink:

you have misinterpreted the quote, Amsterdam will have special allowance to the rest of the country,
youngian

Post by youngian »

So now the Amsterdam police can go happily about their business-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0O-2oAvNTo
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

Uncle Ron wrote:Mr. van Der Laan done pissed off the folks in Den Haag.
The following quote is from a government spokeswoman, copied from a link in another weed pass thread.
"The coalition agreement says that tourists will be banned from coffee shops in the whole country," a spokeswoman said. "What accommodation there will be for local requirements has not yet been finalized."
Mr. van Der Laan would make a fine, fine New Hampshire resident. Hell, he'd fit in fine where I live now! Live free or die! Sometimes your choices are - Piss someone off or Roll over and play dead!

He knows fools when he sees them! I'm thinking 400,000,000 euro will seal the deal! How many dutch politicians want to pull the tiger's tale, a.k.a. Amsterdam? Especially when most of the other northern dutch cities (Rotterdam, Utrecht, Haarlem) agree with the tiger.

Amsterdam 2013 is looking good!
treetop

Post by treetop »

You know all these wietpas threads and what has happened over the last 6 months have given me an idea. However I will have to start a new thread to discuss said idea thus not cluttering up threads like these that do tend to meander. I still think this thread has a way to go as we find out just how things change (if they do at all) in Mokum.

On the down side the good news means I'll have to put my cup trip on hold this year. Might try Spainabis instead. Better weather! Probably for the best as it is around harvest time anyway. :wink:

Next due to be coming through AMS in late Marvh 2013. Keep it warm for me until then!
How much did you produce?
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

joossy wrote:ron your not helping with posting this on all the threads, means this is the third time i have to correct you :wink:
you have misinterpreted the quote, Amsterdam will have special allowance to the rest of the country,
Ok, whatever... and wink back at you.
I'm not helping? I'm not helping whom or what? The coffee shop culture? Not my culture, it belongs to The Dutch, and I'm not Dutch (or a resident).
I didn't misinterpret anything, the quote is quite clear - no weed for tourists and ordinances for locals have to be worked out.
The ordinances are most likely whether to institute a card system and require membership. These I think is what the spokeswoman was referring to in the quote.
Nothing was mentioned about allowing tourists entry into shops, in fact it's just the opposite.
Now it's you that's been corrected...
...NEXT!
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

notsofasteddie wrote:
Uncle Ron wrote:Mr. van Der Laan done pissed off the folks in Den Haag.
Mr. van Der Laan would make a fine, fine New Hampshire resident. Hell, he'd fit in fine where I live now! Live free or die! Sometimes your choices are - Piss someone off or Roll over and play dead!
He knows fools when he sees them! I'm thinking 400,000,000 euro will seal the deal! How many dutch politicians want to pull the tiger's tale, a.k.a. Amsterdam? Especially when most of the other northern dutch cities (Rotterdam, Utrecht, Haarlem) agree with the tiger.
Amsterdam 2013 is looking good!
Mr. Van Der Laan might make a fijn resident of New Hampshire, I'm not sure.
Being from NH myself (Portsmouth HS Class of 79), I don't think he could change the entrenched attitudes against cannabis.
Live Free or Die.... maybe the NH legislature needs to embrace the State motto instead of paying it lip service.
Read some of the laws that are on the books in NH.... Live Free or Die would be the last thing one would be thinking...
... :mrgreen: