It's Looking Good For Us Now... The Tide Is Turning!!!

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
joossy

Re: It's Looking Good For Us Now... The Tide Is Turning!!!

Post by joossy »

Uncle Ron wrote:
joossy wrote:ron your not helping with posting this on all the threads, means this is the third time i have to correct you :wink:
you have misinterpreted the quote, Amsterdam will have special allowance to the rest of the country,
Ok, whatever... and wink back at you.
I'm not helping? I'm not helping whom or what? The coffee shop culture? Not my culture, it belongs to The Dutch, and I'm not Dutch (or a resident).
I didn't misinterpret anything, the quote is quite clear - no weed for tourists and ordinances for locals have to be worked out.
The ordinances are most likely whether to institute a card system and require membership. These I think is what the spokeswoman was referring to in the quote.
Nothing was mentioned about allowing tourists entry into shops, in fact it's just the opposite.
Now it's you that's been corrected...
...NEXT!
oh dear Ron, your determined to be the doom monger.......

It is clear that Amsterdam is not going to stop the "weed tourist" why cant you just rejoice instead of negatively speculating all the time.

The mayor has said so & its clear for anyone with an ounce of common sense that Amsterdam was never going to change its laws, they work for Amsterdam! Amsterdam and Holland are two different cases altogether.

ynwa

Post by ynwa »

I wont be celebrating until i know 100% that tourists will be allowed in. I wont be booking any flights either until im sure i will be allowed in the coffee shops. Its still a grey area at the minute
Youll Never Walk Alone
nooris

Post by nooris »

ynwa wrote:I wont be celebrating until i know 100% that tourists will be allowed in. I wont be booking any flights either until im sure i will be allowed in the coffee shops. Its still a grey area at the minute
I'm typing this up from Prix d'Ami having just finished talking with the budtender about the tourist ban. He told me that there is not even a half percent chance that tourist will be excluded from coffeeshops. The gent at Grey Area told me something similar yesterday. So I am now quite confidant that there won't be any sort of a ban.

As for Maastricht were I live, coffeeshops remain off limits to non-residents. Eventhough I am allowed in since I am resident, it still sucks. The street dealers outside are selling shit at double the price. The poor Belgians and Germans are now being forced to deal with shady criminals. Its a complete mockery.
youngian

Post by youngian »

Mayor Van Der Laan has cleared up confusion and has now said Amsterdam coffeeshops will still be open for business to tourists next year-
http://www.at5.nl/artikelen/89395/van-d ... de-wietpas
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

nooris wrote:
ynwa wrote:I wont be celebrating until i know 100% that tourists will be allowed in. I wont be booking any flights either until im sure i will be allowed in the coffee shops. Its still a grey area at the minute
I'm typing this up from Prix d'Ami having just finished talking with the budtender about the tourist ban. He told me that there is not even a half percent chance that tourist will be excluded from coffeeshops. The gent at Grey Area told me something similar yesterday. So I am now quite confidant that there won't be any sort of a ban.
As for Maastricht were I live, coffeeshops remain off limits to non-residents. Eventhough I am allowed in since I am resident, it still sucks. The street dealers outside are selling shit at double the price. The poor Belgians and Germans are now being forced to deal with shady criminals. Its a complete mockery.
Be mindful of what you believe. Please read on...
I too spoke with several bud tenders AND a couple of shop owners in the southern provinces last year, they too stated emphatically that the weed pass will not happen.
Well, these same shops are no longer in business, they all closed. My, fancy that...
And to think that MANY people were like "nah, the weed pass won't happen." It has happened, it's happening right now. Unfortunately there are some who are now splitting hairs by saying that it will only happen in the southern provinces, which of course is incorrect. Other towns outside of the southern provinces have instituted the system as well. The Lord Mayor of Amsterdam has said much (maybe too much?), but if the folks in Den Haag give the order, he either complies or is fired (by the Crown no less).

Lastly, some on this forum may think of me as a naysayer or whatever, but the fact of the matter is that I'm a realist, a pragmatist.
... :mrgreen:
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

I'm looking for my purple lighter has any one seen it :mrgreen:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
highdro

Post by highdro »

im not expecting any kind of big anouncement, what the mayor has said is about as official as we will get i believe, i suspect january will come and go with no change for us non nationals with the omni present threat lurking , much like the smoking ban etc, with the odd tosspot piping up now and then in the media.

feels like another storm weatherd for the coffeshop scene for time being, hopefully someone will confirm what the mayor has said but as i said not holding my breath for a big green light from the government., id feel very comfortable booking for 2013 personally.
recrec

Post by recrec »

The problem is the 'Enacted Legislation' on the books in the 'Hague' that the previous 'Totalitarian' leaning Goverment introduced, with the additional push by this pro-alcoholic Justice Minister (look at his face...it tells it all), needs to be reversed/recinded, before the threat to the Coffeeshops existence is finally put to rest. It is amazing how those who love the drug alcohol, demonize every other drug, and in their delusionary world consider themselves drug free! I often compare it to (not generalising here) those who like Dogs, and hate Cats, whereas people who like Cats, also like Dogs...go figure!

It is not over yet! Pot lovers/freedom lovers, and lovers of 'Liberty,' worldwide we must continue the fight, since the 'Barbarians' are at the gate! If Amsterdam shuts down to tourists, then the 'Prohibitionists' will consider it a major victory in their idiotic war on so-called Drugs...remember, the morons still believe; Pot leads to Heroin!

BTW I love a cold Beer and 12-15 year old Scotch Whisky occasionaly...everything in moderation (including Pot & Food) goes a long way to making oneself happy and a better person/citizen.

PS It is never over until the 'Fat Lady' sings! :mrgreen:
recrec

Post by recrec »

The problem is the 'Enacted Legislation' on the books in the 'Hague' that the previous 'Totalitarian' leaning Goverment introduced, with the additional push by this pro-alcoholic Justice Minister (look at his face...it tells it all), needs to be reversed/recinded, before the threat to the Coffeeshops existence is finally put to rest. It is amazing how those who love the drug alcohol, demonize every other drug, and in their delusionary world consider themselves drug free! I often compare it to (not generalising here) those who like Dogs, and hate Cats, whereas people who like Cats, also like Dogs...go figure!

It is not over yet! Pot lovers/freedom lovers, and lovers of 'Liberty,' worldwide we must continue the fight, since the 'Barbarians' are at the gate! If Amsterdam shuts down to tourists, then the 'Prohibitionists' will consider it a major victory in their idiotic war on so-called Drugs...remember, the morons still believe; Pot leads to Heroin!

BTW I love a cold Beer and 12-15 year old Scotch Whisky occasionaly...everything in moderation (including Pot & Food) goes a long way to making oneself happy and a better person/citizen.

PS It is never over until the 'Fat Lady' sings! :mrgreen: