It's Looking Good For Us Now... The Tide Is Turning!!!

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
Colino

Re: It's Looking Good For Us Now... The Tide Is Turning!!!

Post by Colino »

weoftenscore6 wrote:My only hope if the ban does come in on 1st Jan is that it isn't inforced in Amsterdam (or at least a blind eye is turned) in a similar way to the no tobacco rule
also if it will be inforced I think you'll easily score weed around the city, but it will simply not be the same.

Sailor59

Post by Sailor59 »

From the Amsterdam Herald:
Under the revised plan, coffeeshops would remain open to all comers but visitors would have to show proof of residence in the Netherlands to prevent foreign tourists from entering.
Wasn't the primary reason for the WP to prevent buy and fly tourists from mostly Belgium and Germany entering the three border provinces and then exporting the goods back to their homeland? If so, and the coalition are happy with residents entering coffeeshops, then it would naturally follow that temporary residents in hotels (who may buy and fly back to their temporary residence) be allowed in also?

It remains to be seen but the new government may be talking themselves into a quagmire of unenforceable regulations. It is now 27.10.12. That leaves a pubescent government only 65 days to formulate a plan and promulgate it with all the attendant paperwork and nonsense.

What I would hate to see is countless hundreds of 'tourists' being accosted by street dealers in the Centrum with the attendant aggro that it will bring (and it will happen). It would bring into the good bars that allow smoking the itinerant yobs that would have otherwise been happy sitting in Bulldog. From what I hear the police have neither the resources or the will to put this into practice.

So many variables, so little time.
Matroos negenenvijftig
weoftenscore6

Post by weoftenscore6 »

Colino wrote:
weoftenscore6 wrote:My only hope if the ban does come in on 1st Jan is that it isn't inforced in Amsterdam (or at least a blind eye is turned) in a similar way to the no tobacco rule
also if it will be inforced I think you'll easily score weed around the city, but it will simply not be the same.
Exactly! The whole thing I love is going into the shop, taking my time looking at the menu, inspecting the buds, conversing with the budtender and making my choice. Not sneaking down an alley and getting whatever the dealer has on offer and (most likely) getting sold shit

:(
weoftenscore6

Post by weoftenscore6 »

@ Sailor

Yeah hopefully, that would be a workable solution i guess.

I posted something similar here:
https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/forum/viewt ... 34#p298980
jimi62471

Post by jimi62471 »

Fuckin bullshit! I'm goin', i'm buyin' i'm smokin'! And it ain't from a back alley fuck trying to sell me coke!
Living The Dream...
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

Wake me up when they decide on something, until then....nothing to really talk about
Amsterdam dreaming.............
treetop

Post by treetop »

Fucking twatbag fucking wietpas it can go and fuck itself :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:
How much did you produce?
Sailor59

Post by Sailor59 »

treetop wrote:Fucking twatbag fucking wietpas it can go and fuck itself :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:
C'mon man. Get off the fence and tell us what you really feel.
Matroos negenenvijftig
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

treetop wrote:Fucking twatbag fucking wietpas it can go and fuck itself :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:
I feel ya brother...
... but I don't think we want it to go fuck itself, it might reproduce :shock: :lol:

... :mrgreen:
BigDanHaze

Post by BigDanHaze »

DOnt worry about some folks are spouting off about, some of us appreciate any news about the situation especially those of us looking for ward to our annual March B-day trips..

If AMS does implement the weit pass no need for me to go any longer I can go to alot of places and by weed from a dodgy street dealer, hell even many states its just a fine and no arrest for personal amounts, Ill save the 3000-4000 euro I spend annualy on my trips and go elsewhere. Trust me I do NOT want to but wouldn't be interested in a weed free Amsterdam.
Cudi_420

Post by Cudi_420 »

One thing I noticed from having been to Amsterdam in 2007 and then returning in 2010 is that street dealers were almost non-existant in 2010. In 2007 I was hounded non-stop in the RLD, but in 2010 it was quite clear that things had been cleaned up.

Now it just seems like it will fall back into the same decaying state of affairs.
stints

Post by stints »

spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

Perhaps dconstrukt could rename this thread now as I always looked on it as a hostage to fortune. "It's not looking good etc....there is no tide to turn"

Happy trails 8)
What a long strange trip it is.
Trainwreck

Post by Trainwreck »

The Grey Area guys have posted their interpretation of today's news on Facebook;
What I think it basically says is that the weed pass is no more. In the southern provinces they will use the non-dutch clause to try to lessen the constant stream of drugs tourists. And the big city's like Amsterdam won't change anything.
Hope they're right!!
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

Trainwreck wrote:The Grey Area guys have posted their interpretation of today's news on Facebook;
What I think it basically says is that the weed pass is no more. In the southern provinces they will use the non-dutch clause to try to lessen the constant stream of drugs tourists. And the big city's like Amsterdam won't change anything.
Hope they're right!!

Appropriate headline....grey area...

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2 ... fee_sh.php

Amsterdam dreaming.............