Do any coffeeshops accept Bitcoin?

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
Brad Piff

Do any coffeeshops accept Bitcoin?

Post by Brad Piff »

So with the opening of the Bitcoin Embassy in Amsterdam and with many businesses already accepting it across the Netherlands, are there any coffeeshops that accept it? Planning to accept?

j-smoker

Re: Do any coffeeshops accept Bitcoin?

Post by j-smoker »

I use bitcoin alot, but until the price stabilises its never going to fully take off. It depresses me that if I had kept all the coins I bought I would be able to retire given its rise last year.

Think at the moment only online tor coffeeshops are the only place to but weed with btc.
We cant stop here this is bat country
Brad Piff

Post by Brad Piff »

thanks. worst comes to worst, i guess i'll just take out euros from a Bitcoin ATM.
elasticband

Post by elasticband »

the coffeeshops are in to much of a legal grey area to accept bitcoin, so i doubt they will ever have the opportunity.

there are ATM's but the mark up is higher than using traditional online exchanges and withdrawing from a hole in the wall.

check out coinmap.org for all your local bitcoin needs.

Bitcoin acceptance as whole is growing throughout the Netherlands, even with the major banks interested in the uses as a means of transfer, Arnhem is probably doing the most so far in terms of acceptance.

Just my 2bitcent
They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority
imzm39

Post by imzm39 »

elasticband wrote:the coffeeshops are in to much of a legal grey area to accept bitcoin, so i doubt they will ever have the opportunity.

there are ATM's but the mark up is higher than using traditional online exchanges and withdrawing from a hole in the wall.

check out coinmap.org for all your local bitcoin needs.

Bitcoin acceptance as whole is growing throughout the Netherlands, even with the major banks interested in the uses as a means of transfer, Arnhem is probably doing the most so far in terms of acceptance.

Just my 2bitcent
Glad your still on thus forum, used to enjoy your regular weed updates . I'm moving to dam in January and wouldn't mind having a toke with you some time
Strawberries

Post by Strawberries »

Guldencoin is being accepted more and more, still early days.

https://guldencoin.com/