coffeeshops with air conditioning

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
RawganicG

coffeeshops with air conditioning

Post by RawganicG »

hello fellow stoners, i'm off for my fourth trip to the dam early September and would like a list of some shops with air conditioning if possible ? thank you in advance

MrNice257

Re: coffeeshops with air conditioning

Post by MrNice257 »

Hi! The greenhouse on the haarlemerstraat have ac in the room downstairs. Rusland have ac downstairs too. De graal,de overkant,i think betty boop,erste hulp have a bit ac and mr.k's have some too i think. Maybe dampkring 2 have ac too because its a modern coffeeshop. Bagheera have ac if i remember right.
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

DONT go to bagheera then lol
place is STEAMINGGG hot in summer DAMNN
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Thought I'd revive this thread, because nobody has done it properly, and someone should. Yesterday I was wondering about this very question myself, because it was one of those strange days when it's not so much temperature (though it was fairly high) but the way small locations become oppressive, particularly when you're under sea level. I wanted a comfortable place to have a smoke, and that ruled out most of the places I liked. I knew Tweede Kamer would be unbearable, which it was, and Dampkring wasn't much better.

Dampkring 2, where I eventually ended up, doesn't have air conditioning. It has a large fan, which wasn't plugged in. I don't know why, and didn't ask.

1e Hulp, living up to its name, does indeed have a bit of air conditioning. I'm not a fan of the freezer effect some places go in for, so it's now at the top of my list of coffeeshops.

Similarly, I remembered from a previous visit that Resin had its own bit of AC, but although I buy their cheese fairly regularly I don't always feel inclined to stay for a smoke, and I didn't this time either.

Voyagers obviously hasn't got air conditioning, but the open door and windows mean that it feels almost pleasant on unbearable days.

More recommendations?
FODSmith

Post by FODSmith »

Fat_old_dwarf wrote: Fri 24th Aug 2018 03:45 pmI'm not a fan of the freezer effect some places go in for
I am now. Or at least I was, yesterday.

And I have the answer: it's Solo. I was nearly dead after the short walk from Centraal Station, but revived instantly. I spent an hour here, ventured out to do some B&Fs at unbearable places, and crawled back for another hour of blessed relief. Also, it appears to be the only place that still charges 2€ for drinks, and the toilet is large enough to wash hands and face comfortably after setting backpack down. Bliss.

Wouldn't hurt to have other recommendations, though. As I learnt yet again when staggering about yesterday, it's not the sort of weather where you set out for a place on the off-chance.

If there was A/C at 1e Hulp, it was very subtle, but by the time I got there it was evening, so it didn't matter as much. Central had A/C, but you can't smoke inside. Even so, there were people sitting around, not even having drinks or rolling joints, just recovering from the awfulness outside.
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

It is a pretty random shop (drinks from vending machine type place), but Happy Feelings (iirc, the one that is where Global Chillage used to be back in the day) has aircon, spent an afternoon in there during an incredibly humid August afternoon a couple of years back entirely because of how cool it was in there.