Bongs in coffeeshops

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
Smirks

Bongs in coffeeshops

Post by Smirks »

I promised Lem I’d start this thread ages ago. Purpose is to put all info on the availability of bongs in specific shops in one thread. Needless to say most shops don’t have a bong or anything clean enough to be worth mentioning. There are a few however who have decent clean glass bongs to use. Here’s some details to get things started.

Coffeeshop: Cafe 420
Bong situation: Has several glass bongs available and you will always be given one which is sparkling clean. No deposit required.

Coffeeshop: Amnesia
Bong Situation: Has several glass bongs available and you will always be given one which is sparkling clean. €20 deposit required.

Coffeeshop: The Stud
Bong Situation: Has several glass bongs available and you will always be given one which is sparkling clean. No deposit required. Being located outside the center, it’s a good €2-3 per gram cheaper than shops in the Centrum.

Coffeeshop: Greenhouse Lounge (Haarlemerstraat)
Bong Situation: Has several glass bongs available and you will always be given one which is sparkling clean. No deposit usually required, but it has been known in the past.

Coffeeshop: Dampkring (Handboogstraat)
Bong Situation: Has one or two glass decent bongs. The Budtender rather than the barstaff hand them out. Usually clean, but sometimes been used by one or two people previously. No deposit required but must leave ID.

Coffeeshop: Dampkring (Haarlemerstraat)
Bong Situation: Has one or two decent glass bongs. As per the Handboogstraat shop, the Budtender rather than the barstaff hand them out. Usually clean, but sometimes been used by one or two people previously. No deposit required but must leave ID.

Coffeeshop: Prix D’Ami
Bong Situation: As of 2016 (needs updating) they had a glass bong and a couple of plastic ones. Cleanliness and availability seems to depend on who’s running the table service, as I’ve been both pleasantly surprised and fobbed off on visits there.

Coffeeshop: Baba
Bong Situation: Has several glass bongs available and you will always be given one which is sparkling clean. No deposit required, but must leave ID. This shop has perhaps the best quality glass on offer compared with other shops. It’s also a couple of € per gram cheaper than most shops in the Centrum.

A few more to come but that’s all I have time to report on right now.

Smirks

Re: Bongs in coffeeshops

Post by Smirks »

Dishonorable mention unfortunately for Utopia, who used to have 2-3 decent glass bongs which were cleaned more or less daily. Recently however they have ditched the bongs and acquired a bad attitude to bong smokers.
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

Coffeeshop: Rusland
Bong Situation: They have a couple of glass bongs. They are not sparkling clean but ok and they will wash them out further for you when you ask for one. No deposit required.
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

Coffeeshop: Voyagers
Bong Situation: They have a motley collection of glass bongs, many partly broken and all disgustingly dirty. Good luck if you try to hit on one.
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

Coffeeshop: Het Ballonetje
Bong Situation: They have a couple of glass bongs which are more or less clean, but may have a broken downstem or cracked bowl, rendering them largely unusable. They have a good attitude and just need to replace these ones and they’ll get the full Smirks seal of approval.
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Have to add a comment wrt the bongs at Baba - we've never, ever seen cleaner bongs in a coffeeshop, we even debated for a while if they we're for sale (i.e. brand new) or actually for customers to use... The über friendly BT clarified that they were in fact the house bongs for customer use, this BTW shortly before giving us a joint sized pinch of his own more or less unpressed and absofuckinglutely TOP shelf private stash Moroccan hash (which he explained was imported directly by a friend purely for their own pleasure).

Bong smoker's should be lined up outside Baba for a bunch of reasons, the extremely clean and nice looking bongs being just one of 'em...
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Nice thread for bong smokers :thumbup: :mrgreen:

I can add:

Coffeeshop: Tweede Kamer
Bong situation: They have one Roor bong atm which is usually pretty clean. It´s the same type of Roor bong as Original Dampkring and Dampkring#2 ("Amserdam Coffeeshop) have. The budtender hand it out. no deposit

Coffeeshop: 137
Bong situation: They have one Roor bong which was everytime pretty clean when I was there. Just ask the budtender if you can use it... it stands right next to their vaporizers... no deposit needed.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Great post!
C'mon Voyagers pull your cleaning socks up please - being met by the sight of those dirty pieces is not the welcoming experience one requires upon landing. I'll clean the bugger myself if you let me!
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

Agree with most what's been said already.

Amsterdam:

1eHulp: I wonder nobody mentioned them yet. Haven't been there for quite some time now I realised some years ago those bastards tried to charge us for using one of their bongs from their really nice selection.
Interesting move from a business perspective me thinks as they can give reasons as 'extra time for cleaning', preservation and what ever.
Still I don't pay for borrowing a bong there, especially at such crappy prices for gear in general at coffeeshops. Of course this is debatable so each to their own of course again.

Outside of Amsterdam in my humble opinion you don't see many bongs and often they are preserved miserably. Only at certain more modern shops mostly. Seems to be not that 'gezellig' at coffeeshops at least. Rarely I see nice selections as others already mentioned from certain shops in this very thread there. At the minute only those spring to mind:

Leeuwarden:

De Os: proper selection and different sizes of mostly no name bongs.

The Hague:

Dizzy Duck: has got one small glass bong which is clean and if not they do this for you.

By the way can we agree on plastic bongs not being bongs worth using(disgusting me thinks)? Thanks in advance :lol: !
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

Thanks Jesscass, yes I definitely agree plastic bongs are barely worth mentioning. The reason nobody mentioned Erste Hulpe yet is because this thread only just started.

Note to anyone posting info about an as yet unmentioned shop on this thread, please use the format I started with to post info, being:

Coffeeshop:
Bong Situation:

Keep the info flowing all.

Thanks,

Smirks
Papi

Post by Papi »

Smirks wrote: Mon 8th Jan 2018 06:26 am Dishonorable mention unfortunately for Utopia, who used to have 2-3 decent glass bongs which were cleaned more or less daily. Recently however they have ditched the bongs and acquired a bad attitude to bong smokers.
Yeah, Utopia is given a yellow card (with a misses next match sign) for that kind of bullshit attitude. Can't fuck around with my wake and bake ritual.

420 Cafe will always be the winner, even after they switched from nice roor bongs to some cheaper glass, they keep their level really high.

Dampkring's clean quality went down severely, that's why Baba is on a steady second place, after that GH Lounge (very nice touch, that you only need to get a drink upstairs and ask for a bong).
Edibles on a plane is my middle fucking name
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

Thanks Smriks for this thread :mrgreen:
I am not a bong user but am a firm believer in pride and the coffeeshops that have clean bongs have pride and are worth a visit 8)
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

Very nice and clean selection of glass bongs at Bagheera!
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

Updates from my 420 trip:

Amnesia Coffeeshop let themselves down by still having 3 glass bongs seemingly available for use, but all with broken down stems, so actually not actually available at all. All it would take is for one of your staff to stroll up to Haarlemmerstraat and buy some replacements for a few euros. The lost business from myself alone would have probably paid for them. With no bongs, I did not purchase any of their wares.

Utopia: prior to becoming the Plug, there were still no bongs in Utopia and when I mentioned this on my visit there I got a very hostile reply initially from Jessica, saying how much she hates them and then spinning the same bs line that James came out with on my previous trip, that it was too hard for them to police what people put in them. She then relented and allowed me to use my own bong that I had with me, as she didn’t want to force me to have to leave. Come on, sort out this shit attitude, it’s not what Utopia was supposed to be about.

I certainly hope the new owners of the Plug have reinstated bong use in the shop, perhaps someone can update on the situation? Also, if they don’t have any please find out what their general attitude is to bongs. I also hope that if they do indeed open a smoke friendly bar next door that they will allow bong use there.
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

Coffeeshop: De Kade
Bong Situation: They have a very small bong for use. It was clean but maybe because nobody had ever used it there before.