Cali Weed

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
OneHighMofo

Re: Cali Weed

Post by OneHighMofo »

My personal feeling on this subject is that the cannabis community is embroiled in a whole load of romantisicm lauded as fact - most of which isn't at all credible. Morocco claims they have the best, as does British Columbia, Mexico, The Netherlands, California, Colorado blah blah blah. YAAAWN.

As far as I'm concerend - no-one has the best weed, because that's a nonsense. Pure marketing bullshit. Plain and simple.
'The best' is always in the eye of the beholder and is always subject to the whim of the moment. Anyone that tries to tell me different - hmmmmm. Basically I'm switching off and nodding politely - in the same way I do when people tell me that 'Sativa' 'gives you a lift' and 'Indica' - 'makes you sleepy'.

'mmmm. yeah. Interesting'. Sorry what where you saying?

macky

Post by macky »

@onehighMofo your got that right it,s Clear,White milky or Amber :mrgreen:
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

Amen, OHMF! BTW, isn’t it about time for someone to post the semi-annual “what strain will make me laugh the hardest?” Ha, ha.

Was thinking to myself the other day that my gold standard of a sativa is Green Crack from Backcountry Cannabis Company in Colorado. But some of the “cleanest” was a fresh batch of Northern Lights from Yo-Yo. Then again the hardest I laughed was Super Siver from Balou that I happened upon while waiting on wife to get Wok-to-Walk across the street. Deepest mind-numbing stone was ...

The point you make very well, OHMF, is that the effect of weed is all relative. Place you smoke, mood, company, all the way down to the socks you have on :shock: have an effect.

But I still enjoy reading others’ perspectives!
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

matty223 wrote: Wed 31st Jan 2018 10:49 am
DjShaggy wrote: Fri 12th Jan 2018 10:00 pm
FlyByNite wrote: Fri 12th Jan 2018 12:17 am Why would you go to Amsterdam looking for California weed?
If you want California weed, go to California, Colorado weed, go to Colorado, Oregon, Washington, Nevada, Spain, Nimbin, all the same story, if you want their weed, go there not somewhere half way around the world.
Current laws make it difficult to move strains internationally.

Enjoy
FlyByNite
its all the rage with the younger crowd now, cali this cali that, some of them are paying £120 for a 3.5!

ive smoked a couple of bits myself, the paris og is very nice, that lemon tree organics isnt bad either but forget paying those prices!

seems to be averaging in the dam at €40 per gram. i hear it comes from england, so not only is it the bits california doesnt want but its also the bits we havent taken!
Paris og is 260 an oz here in New York
$260. then someone has to buy it and pack it for shipping $300
then someone has to run the risk of sending it in international mail $350
then someone has to run the risk of landing it in the uk $400
then that has to be distributed to people who can move it $450
then its split down and sold on in 3.5's at £100 a time

its a business not a charity.

stick to smoking local its better anyway, we dont use PGR's here in england
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
macky

Post by macky »

DjShaggy wrote: Tue 6th Feb 2018 09:53 am
matty223 wrote: Wed 31st Jan 2018 10:49 am
DjShaggy wrote: Fri 12th Jan 2018 10:00 pm

its all the rage with the younger crowd now, cali this cali that, some of them are paying £120 for a 3.5!

ive smoked a couple of bits myself, the paris og is very nice, that lemon tree organics isnt bad either but forget paying those prices!

seems to be averaging in the dam at €40 per gram. i hear it comes from england, so not only is it the bits california doesnt want but its also the bits we havent taken!
[/quote

Paris og is 260 an oz here in New York
$260. then someone has to buy it and pack it for shipping $300
then someone has to run the risk of sending it in international mail $350
then someone has to run the risk of landing it in the uk $400
then that has to be distributed to people who can move it $450
then its split down and sold on in 3.5's at £100 a time

its a business not a charity.

stick to smoking local its better anyway, we dont use PGR's here in england
Ah! Cali weeds only 1500a pound or less for bulk ..does 100a half quarter still sound fare ?
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Cali is now more expensive than gold and coke gram for gram :shock: coke dealers are stopping selling coke to sell import Cali weed as it’s worth more, PMSL this country has gone crazy. :lol:
madmaxxx

Post by madmaxxx »

Just had some cali strains.grown in uk.tropical and sunset sherbert.lovely taste 40£ for 3.5g very well grown.love the taste of tropical.will buy again.discount on bulk.hopefully where get the cali taste without the silly prices in the future
redeyezman

Post by redeyezman »

Hand the average American a spliff of cheese and watch their eyes light up from the exoticness. WHATS THIS?? :shock: :mrgreen:
Shells sink. Dreams float.
macky

Post by macky »

redeyezman wrote: Fri 9th Mar 2018 12:15 am Hand the average American a spliff of cheese and watch their eyes light up from the exoticness. WHATS THIS?? :shock: :mrgreen:
What are you talking about Cheese is pheno of skunk #1, no comparison Nine pound hammer or Bruce Banner is so far beyond skunk crosses, Need to get off that Island once in awhile :D
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

@Macky, I can't tell my lemon Stilton that it's just another skunk#1 cross, its that evil it will tell me to f#*# off and hit me with a bat for the 3rd time today :wink: :shock: 8)
macky

Post by macky »

Kermit wrote: Fri 9th Mar 2018 08:54 pm @Macky, I can't tell my lemon Stilton that it's just another skunk#1 cross, its that evil it will tell me to f#*# off and hit me with a bat for the 3rd time today :wink: :shock: 8)
May of been little harsh ,It,s Bio does say "what all strains should be judged aganist' :D
Truth be told I have Pineapple Skunk from Humbolt seed getting ready to flower :D .
I see Voyagers has a few cali strains strawberry OG and couple other Cali connection seeds.
Hopefully we may convince you to come over to the west coast vibe.
Roll on 420
redeyezman

Post by redeyezman »

macky wrote: Fri 9th Mar 2018 12:06 pm
redeyezman wrote: Fri 9th Mar 2018 12:15 am Hand the average American a spliff of cheese and watch their eyes light up from the exoticness. WHATS THIS?? :shock: :mrgreen:
What are you talking about Cheese is pheno of skunk #1, no comparison Nine pound hammer or Bruce Banner is so far beyond skunk crosses, Need to get off that Island once in awhile :D
island? I'm in the states....I'm not illustrating stregth, but rather how grass is always greener on the other side.

I vape so I don't build that tar tollerence in my lung like I used to. Stregth isn't most important factor to me personal, since were on the subject.
Shells sink. Dreams float.
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

macky wrote: Sat 10th Mar 2018 12:21 am
Kermit wrote: Fri 9th Mar 2018 08:54 pm @Macky, I can't tell my lemon Stilton that it's just another skunk#1 cross, its that evil it will tell me to f#*# off and hit me with a bat for the 3rd time today :wink: :shock: 8)
May of been little harsh ,It,s Bio does say "what all strains should be judged aganist' :D
Truth be told I have Pineapple Skunk from Humbolt seed getting ready to flower :D .
I see Voyagers has a few cali strains strawberry OG and couple other Cali connection seeds.
Hopefully we may convince you to come over to the west coast vibe.
Roll on 420
Oh no don't get me wrong, I love the Cali strains, just not the crazy prices for the Cali import, will eat all them Dutch grown Cali strains right up without second thought along with anything else on the menu😃