Wanted: Cozy creative coffeeshops?!

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
Kay Noosh

Wanted: Cozy creative coffeeshops?!

Post by Kay Noosh »

Hi,

I loved my stay in Amsterdam and what I experienced. I got some really nice sativas & had good days! Mainly outside. Because one question still bothers me, after all I saw: When I smoke weed and go on internal journeys, I want to be at a cozy place, with lots of possibilities. But most coffeeshops are just the opposite.

This is a plea for: Sofas & mattress landscapes! Paint, paper, paintbrushes, crayons! Toys, colourful items that can be touched, building blocks! Books, magazines! Handicraft accessoires of all kind! Multicoloured wool... soap bubbles...musical instruments! Corners to socialize. And of course treats & food of all kinds, easily accessible when you're high...

Well... probably you go and buy your weed somewhere and then you go to town and discover the different places... but I think it's difficult in a town that's not my home. I would need places where there's both: The weed and the creative space. :wink:

Some problem with rules why there aren't such places? Or am I the only one to feel like that?

"God's herb, puts you in the moment. Smoke a little and let it do its thing!" (H. Diltz)
DjShaggy

Re: Wanted: Cozy creative coffeeshops?!

Post by DjShaggy »

come in, spend money, go away
thats what coffeeshop owners want you to do
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

RIP De Graal
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

OneHighMofo wrote: Wed 18th Jul 2018 12:15 pm RIP De Graal
apparently its still there and just as good, you just have to bring your own green these days.

not popped in myself, was a great spot tho for sure.
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

You might need to get a CS license and open your own.

Couches/sofas - Yo Yo

Blocks and games and good lighting and cozy - La Tertulia and Paradox
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Interesting thread, I see a lot of craft beer pubs in my city that have board games etc. so I'm sure there are coffeeshops who do this too, but it sounds more like you need an arts and crafts class when you get stoned which you may not find in a coffeeshops, they are businesses who want you to come, spend and go, not get stoned and spent 6 hours there finger painting :lol:

Your artistic soul may be better suited to the Cannabis Clubs of Barcelona. They are more more open plan spaces where you can feel more at ease and less like a customer, though they are probably not "cosy" in the traditional sense.
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

RoMoney wrote: Thu 19th Jul 2018 11:00 pm
Your artistic soul may be better suited to the Cannabis Clubs of Barcelona. They are more more open plan spaces where you can feel more at ease and less like a customer, though they are probably not "cosy" in the traditional sense.
yes, the beauty is of corse in Barcelona there is plenty of space. In Amsterdam there is none. the coffeeshop owners get a very high tax so all they want to do is turn over money all day. Barcelonas clubs are members only and more like a big social living room. hell you can walk into a club not buy weed or a drink and still feel welcome, try that in amsterdam!
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Here's the link for The coffeeshop vs Cannabis Club thread.

http://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/forum/v ... =3&t=35310

Shaggy hit the nail on the head, you can enter, not buy and still feel welcome as you are a member.
Junglist Movement

Post by Junglist Movement »

RoMoney wrote: Thu 19th Jul 2018 11:00 pm they are businesses who want you to come, spend and go, not get stoned and spent 6 hours there finger painting :lol:
:lol:
Kay Noosh

Post by Kay Noosh »

Thanks for your comments!

That's exactly the point... I go for weed BECAUSE it makes me fingerpaint in hours and NOT buy, consume & disappear again :lol:
I've been exactly to those you mentioned, YoYo, La Tertulia, Paradox (& Katsu too). OK / good - but could be better, I thought! Lack / costs of space explain a lot. Which means it should be better in other parts of the Netherlands exept for Amsterdam?!

I've never been to Catalonia but it's interesting that you get different effects depending on how you organize it. Especially interesting for all those countries and states who are about to legalize. I like it that you have free access in the Netherlands and the possibility to smoke at coffeeshops / "bar feeling" (different from most legal states in the U.S. I think). But it seems the Barcelona model could feel better for me as a consumer... see if I make it there some time. I just wonder - you become a member even if you are no resident - means, you make your name public / written down somewhere as a known consumer?! :? (Well, that maybe doesn't belong here but in the Barcelona thread.)
"God's herb, puts you in the moment. Smoke a little and let it do its thing!" (H. Diltz)
Schroom

Post by Schroom »

the most relaxed CS I found was Green house in The Pijp district, we read a lot in there. and it was really cosy.
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Kay Noosh wrote: Sun 22nd Jul 2018 11:09 am you make your name public / written down somewhere as a known consumer?! :? (Well, that maybe doesn't belong here but in the Barcelona thread.)
Correct, it gets documented, but it's not public. In my opinion unless you live somewhere draconian like United Arab Emirates or Singapore, it is not something to be concerned about.
Pierre von Mondragon

Post by Pierre von Mondragon »

There are a few more what I'd call community minded CS that are closer to the model you desire, Birdy in Haarlem and Leidseplein in Leiden both have board games to use, and wee mini libraries to read from, although the 'plein is tiny, 30 folk in there would be a riot. De Graal was so creative they had a rehearsal studio for bands...living the dream.
Kay Noosh

Post by Kay Noosh »

Hi folks, thanks for the advice, I will go to those you named the next time I will be in one of those cities, including Barcelona (which is not on my list of travels at the moment though). And keep the advice coming... Thanks :)