Clouds in the City (New Amsterdam cup)

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
RoMoney

Re: Clouds in the City (New Amsterdam cup)

Post by RoMoney »

DjShaggy wrote: Tue 11th Sep 2018 01:49 pmi also am known for being wrong sometimes.
Not sure two people can admit to possibly being wrong in one thread, the internet might explode :lol:

Bring back Imelda Marcos!
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

I note they are still trying to flog the judges passes, and doing more giveaway comps for freebies.
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Channel RoMo IG version being imported right to your door, here on ACD forum.

Just y'all wait till he brings those fiya porridge and park photos...🔥🔥🔥
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Tue 2nd Oct 2018 08:17 pm Channel RoMo IG version being imported right to your door, here on ACD forum.

Just y'all wait till he brings those fiya porridge and park photos...🔥🔥🔥
Stay parked, stay potted and stay porridged :mrgreen:
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

RoMoney wrote: Tue 18th Sep 2018 07:36 pm I note they are still trying to flog the judges passes, and doing more giveaway comps for freebies.
I'm not that interested in concentrates. I'm focusing on edibles and traditional vaping of flower. I've made note of the participating coffeeshops. I'm hoping that they have something special in my areas of interest during Clouds.

Participating shops include:

de Kroon
Feels Good
Funky Munkey
Greenplace
Het Ballonnetje
Mr. K & Co.
Prix d'Ami
Solo
gapie

Post by gapie »

GetHigh,DoStuff&Dont give a FUCK!
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Wish I had gone out now :mrgreen: :mrgreen: enjoy 8)
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

@gapie looks nice :D happy testing and enjoy it 8) :mrgreen:

By the way it´s funny to see that Amsterdam Coffeeshop and Tweede Kamer Coffeeshop gave their entries in their usual baggys (with "Amsterdam Coffee" written on it)... so not really a blind testing with that two :lol:

By chance I got the opportunity to drive to Amsterdam with a mate yesterday :D I noticed at Tweede Kamer that it was "Clouds in the city" weekend. I tried their hash entry "Super Silver Magic Haze Block" (9,50€/g) and Coffeeshop Prix d'ami hash entry "King Hassan" (11€/g). The coffeeshops were not as full as I thought with that cup and so on... I saw no people with judge passes or something like this... but for us it was good so it wasn´t so packed in the shops...
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Anyone seen a winners list yet?, think CS solo got 2nd for best shop but be good to see a full list. 8)
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Kermit wrote: Mon 15th Oct 2018 05:43 pm Anyone seen a winners list yet?, think CS solo got 2nd for best shop but be good to see a full list. 8)
Here you go Kermit:

Sativa = Coffeeshop 1st Mr KandCo/Shoreline, 2nd Amsfirebrigade/amsterdambuyers club/Gelonade, 3rd Greenplace/LemonTangie.

Indica = 1st Acceleratorseeds/Platium Valley, 2nd Kentvalleyfarms/SourBanana, 3rd Somaseeds/Lavender.

Edibles = 1st Nice-things-for-nice-people, 2nd Deep-Concentration, 3rd Banana-Bomb-farms.

Artisan Extracts = 1st Elite-Flowers-Co, 2nd SoutheastDank, 3rd Warwickshire-county-highgrade.

Ice-o-later = 1st tweedekamercoffeeshop/Waterworks, 2nd Acceleratorseeds/PlatiumValley, 3rd Paper-cut-extracts/Marmaduke Iwe.

Traditional Hash = 1st Prix-Dami/King Hassan, 2nd GreenPlace/Gelato Hash, 3rd Tweedekamer/BlockwithBlock.

Hope this helps, sorry I can not find the strains entered for some of the results. Looks like it was a good event overall and a couple nice results for some UK growers and extractors.
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Ghost wrote: Mon 15th Oct 2018 07:26 pm
Kermit wrote: Mon 15th Oct 2018 05:43 pm Anyone seen a winners list yet?, think CS solo got 2nd for best shop but be good to see a full list. 8)
Here you go Kermit:

Sativa = Coffeeshop 1st Mr KandCo/Shoreline, 2nd Amsfirebrigade/amsterdambuyers club/Gelonade, 3rd Greenplace/LemonTangie.

Indica = 1st Acceleratorseeds/Platium Valley, 2nd Kentvalleyfarms/SourBanana, 3rd Somaseeds/Lavender.

Edibles = 1st Nice-things-for-nice-people, 2nd Deep-Concentration, 3rd Banana-Bomb-farms.

Artisan Extracts = 1st Elite-Flowers-Co, 2nd SoutheastDank, 3rd Warwickshire-county-highgrade.

Ice-o-later = 1st tweedekamercoffeeshop/Waterworks, 2nd Acceleratorseeds/PlatiumValley, 3rd Paper-cut-extracts/Marmaduke Iwe.

Traditional Hash = 1st Prix-Dami/King Hassan, 2nd GreenPlace/Gelato Hash, 3rd Tweedekamer/BlockwithBlock.

Hope this helps, sorry I can not find the strains entered for some of the results. Looks like it was a good event overall and a couple nice results for some UK growers and extractors.
Cheers for that 8)
kibby

Post by kibby »

Shoreline won first prize for Sativa, meanwhile Boerejongens retail it under their Indica menu.

Good to see another competition in Dam but like the High Times cup, the sponsors win all the prizes so not very objective, more like a PR campaign for particular seed banks.
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

Best coffeeshops

3 resin

2 solo

1 prix d’ami

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :lol:
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
nel z bub

Post by nel z bub »

I have to agree that I find these a touch suspect too.
I will point out, though, that there were two separate judging categories; the regular judges, who got to visit the competing shops and vote on best flower, best hash and best coffeeshop- a system that, like the HTCC, is obviously open to gaming (bobble-head Arjan, anyone?).
The VIP judges, on the other hand, had to blind test for best sativa, indica, traditional hash, extracts and edibles. As far as I could tell this was a pretty well organised blind testing set up and there was certainly no bribery or sponsorship on my part for the first place that I was fortunate to receive.
I have yet to see a perfectly organised cannabis contest but this seemed a pretty good effort for its first time. I am certainly glad I took part!
-nice things for nice people-