Visiting Amsterdam with a nut allergy

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
enochshowumni

Visiting Amsterdam with a nut allergy

Post by enochshowumni »

Off to Amsterdam this weekend and planning on smoking out there. Does anybody know what they're like in coffee shops in terms of allergens? Do they generally put nuts in the space cake, and how frequent are nutty snacks in the coffee shops?

Anyone with a nut allergy been themselves? I think to be safe I'll most likely just smoke, I can't think of many things worse than having a severe allergy attack when really really high.

I've also always wondered if it's possible to have an attack when sharing a joint with someone who's been eating nuts, but never found any stories or research or anything on this. Has anyone heard of it happening?

Looking forward to a nice paranoia-free weekend anyway :)

RoMoney

Re: Visiting Amsterdam with a nut allergy

Post by RoMoney »

In general, the Netherlands is a well regulated country so labeling should warn of allergy risks, however, Edibles are not regulated so I would NEVER trust the labelling and you would be best advised to avoid them so you can enjoy your holiday.

With regards to having an allergic reaction from smoking a joint passed by someone eating nuts, this seems like a question for a medical professional and not a bunch of stoners :)

Have fun.
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
Willjay

Re: Visiting Amsterdam with a nut allergy

Post by Willjay »

Good luck and have fun :mrgreen: I don’t really associat coffeeshops with food but do know a lot of us carry “granola bars” and some of those have nuts so I would suggest smoking at the coffeeshop and eating at establishments that can satisfy your dietary needs
As far as sharing roll two one for me and one for you :lol:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org