Favorite "touristy" coffeeshops

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
Frankie_cheeseboy ;)

Favorite "touristy" coffeeshops

Post by Frankie_cheeseboy ;) »

Hello, was just curious about any guilty pleasures when it came to the more touristy end of the Amsterdam coffeeshop scene.
Went into Prix D'Ami on my last trip as a few people I know had mentioned it and despite knowing it was a 'touristy' shop had a generally positive experience. Ok the weed might not be the best value for euro but the place itself I liked, plenty of space, various facilities, etc.
Does anyone else have a favourite downtown spot that has a disproportionate amount of foreigners to locals?

RoMoney

Re: Favorite "touristy" coffeeshops

Post by RoMoney »

Greenhouse United (the one on Haarlemerstraat). I like the layout and it's a nice place to chill.
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

RoMoney wrote: Fri 8th Mar 2019 04:52 pm Greenhouse United (the one on Haarlemerstraat). I like the layout and it's a nice place to chill.
I like the fish and the fact that they do food...

Used to love hunters the coin as it was my first ever coffeeshop
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

DjShaggy wrote: Fri 8th Mar 2019 05:01 pm
RoMoney wrote: Fri 8th Mar 2019 04:52 pm Greenhouse United (the one on Haarlemerstraat). I like the layout and it's a nice place to chill.

Is the one on Warmoestraat (near Hill Street)? If so it was my first as well.
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Fri 8th Mar 2019 06:24 pm

Yeah the one that’s now a burger place, 37 I think? It was long and thin with a dealer bar in the middle, next door was hunters vodka bar. Oh the memories!
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

The Coin was our first as well and stayed a place to visit until they closed. It was often our place for the first smoke as it was open early and close to Centraal, many fond memories from there... :D :mrgreen:
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

DjShaggy wrote: Fri 8th Mar 2019 07:51 pm

Yeah the one that’s now a burger place, 37 I think? It was long and thin with a dealer bar in the middle, next door was hunters vodka bar. Oh the memories!
I believe the one I'm thinking is still there, across from around abouts Burger Bar or so. It's still Hunters but a bar or maybe you're right and the Vodka Bar is the one I'm thinking of?
kushola

Post by kushola »

green house united the one down from barneys and dampkring?

fish tank in the floor?

or a diff one/
thats the one i prefer - also they have good "american" like breakfast for decent price u gota get there right when they open it seems to enjoy that without hassle from my exp tho

i reallly really reallly wanna go some where that we can SMOKE Up and eat at. I like consuming cannabis before after and while eating/waiting for food its a nice feeling that no ones telling you NO NO NO
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

kushola wrote: Fri 8th Mar 2019 09:54 pm i reallly really reallly wanna go some where that we can SMOKE Up and eat at. I like consuming cannabis before after and while eating/waiting for food its a nice feeling that no ones telling you NO NO NO
Sooooo with you here, that is one of the priceless things Amsterdam is so valuable to us for, and one of the reasons Batavia is such a gem! :D
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Lafe

Post by Lafe »

Dampkring for me.

I also enjoyed The Coin.
"Laif" with a long "a".
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Fri 8th Mar 2019 07:57 pm
DjShaggy wrote: Fri 8th Mar 2019 07:51 pm

I believe the one I'm thinking is still there, across from around abouts Burger Bar or so. It's still Hunters but a bar or maybe you're right and the Vodka Bar is the one I'm thinking of?
The hunters that is still there was a coffeeshop and is now a bar, there used to be a bar & a coffeeshop on the other side of W/straat kinda opposite hill st if my hazy memory serves me
bearbong

Post by bearbong »

Abraxas...just to chill in there though never purchased any of their gear.
kushola

Post by kushola »

ive bought from abraxas on numerous occasions they have a volcano or two

decent place - i used to hit every coffee shop on the cannabis cup expo event to be fair for my vote although its very very tough to judge that much stuff in such a short time for all kinds of factors - never turn down the challenge and will truly miss that atmosphere

but times have changed and this have moved on - sooo i wanna find somewhere that has like burgers and or PIZZA and chicken fingers not wings that i can eat i may have to try more stuff at batavia but a lot of what is served places is very hit or miss for me sometimes you just gotta pay for it to find out if you love it or hate it i suppose kinda like teh weed there :)

i really enjoy talking to people about pot though so its like heaven over there
smokini

Post by smokini »

bearbong wrote: Sat 9th Mar 2019 12:38 pm Abraxas...just to chill in there though never purchased any of their gear.
Interesting! Dont they force you to buy weed + drinks as most coffeeshops do? That would be nice considering their location and their overpriced weed.
bearbong

Post by bearbong »

smokini wrote: Sun 10th Mar 2019 12:49 pm
bearbong wrote: Sat 9th Mar 2019 12:38 pm Abraxas...just to chill in there though never purchased any of their gear.
Interesting! Dont they force you to buy weed + drinks as most coffeeshops do? That would be nice considering their location and their overpriced weed.
Well they never did ask me to do so at abraxas. Upon my arrival the doorman checked my ID and I asked him if there are still some free seats left cuz it was really packed downstairs. He just told me to go check myself upstairs. He didn't mention anything of buying weed first or anything alike.