Squishy squishy

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
The4eyeguy

Squishy squishy

Post by The4eyeguy »

:D
Hi,

One of the 1st things I want to do when I arrive is squish some rosin. I'm as cool as a rosin noob can be with most of it i.e. where to squish, temps, pressure etc. want to get some nice amnesia hash (cs centraal) and have high hope's based on stoner faith and a little research.

I also had it in my head I was gonna squish flower, again I trust my ability to source the right materials and feel ok about the general process but keep wondering.... am I being a greedy ****? And will I need it if I hav a couple g of hash rosin? Think it might be overkill, or is the difference in quality that much better (overall hash to flower rosin) that I should definitely squish both?

Also my decisiveness about type of hash was unshakable until I heard about some ridiculous yields with boerejongens block, anyone got any compelling evidence that could alter my thinking that the amnesia hash from centraal would be best to squish (cost/quality)?

Appreciate any input, many thanks!

@@

kushy

Re: Squishy squishy

Post by kushy »

Amnesia hash from Central is a good choice for squishiness, or their Lemon hash works well. Personally I find squishing bud to be very hit and miss. Although it's stronger and a cleaner taste when dabbed, the yields can be very disappointing unless you get the right stain and bud-humidity, so unless I have a nice quantity of my own home-grown, I stick to hash these days. Just remember to wrap the hash in a small piece of coffee filter paper (or fine wire mesh) before the parchment paper. You should yield about 50percent so a nice gram of Amnesia rosin will set you back about just over ten euros, bargain!
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

During the masters of rosin competition I found the hash rosins to be much more tasty than the flower rosin...

The above could well be very good advice!
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
The4eyeguy

Post by The4eyeguy »

Excellent information thank you both very much for this :)

Kushy I agree i have seen as many a good stash squished into not much, I would be disappointed if I yielded less than 20% on something that looks nice. Also think getting the right moisture levels too could be difficult, I can see I can smell but will I really know!!?

DJ Shaggy you've inspired me to squish many hashes, none of this weed squishing malarkey! Seriously though, might get a few g of boerejongens block too and squish that instead of flower. Top shout! 8)

@@

Edit - also I think I got micron bags available would this not be better? Probably a 90 or 70ish? To be fair I'm not that fussed about the bags it's just cos they're there you know... better off without them?
kushy

Post by kushy »

Yes, mesh bags are worth a go, I use unbleached coffee filters for ease but I wonder sometimes if this is the cleanest method.

Here's my tip for collecting the rosin - a stainless steel dart-tip I use as an inexpensive dab tool. A pack of three are about 2 euro from the trusty 'Action' winkel. Roll the side of the tip over the rosin on the parchment paper to gather a tube of the golden goodness. The constancy varies greatly depending on the hash, if its too oily to collect, sit the paper on a chilled can of lager, or other such cold thing from the fridge. If its too shattery - hold a finger under the paper whilst collecting to warm the rosin slightly.

I just made a squish from some cheap (6pg) Cream from 'coffeeshop Johnny's' and its dabbing very nicely!
The4eyeguy

Post by The4eyeguy »

Clear and useful information once again, I thank you Kushy. I planned on visiting cs Johnny on day 1 as its near my hotel and also liked it lots last time I was there (or the smoke at least). Honestly thanks so much for the tips it has really helped.

@@
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Metal micron mesh screens deffo the way to go, polymer ones are ok and guess the coffee-filter approach can do if you are desperate, but would not recommend.

When selecting hash to squish, it does very much pay off to go a bit up in quality, the Massawa Royal (usually sits @ 12 / g) makes a very tasty rosin and you will get giant yields with that kind of quality if you know what you are doing. Wouldn't go for the really high end stuff though, and several of the new school hashes that go for 10 or less will produce nice and tasty rosin with surprising yields. Just don't go for the very low priced hashes as both yield and quality will suffer disproportionately...

CC

P.s.: The stainless steel dart tip tip can be good, but be careful as some of these are e.g. chrome-plated, wouldn't want to stick that on a hot nail and inhale...
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

...oh, and watch out for the minty scourge... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
The4eyeguy

Post by The4eyeguy »

:lol: the minty scourge? I have no idea, like minty hash? Will steer clear of it anyway. Thanks CopenhagenCouple I really appreciate the advice, will keep the recommendation in mind too, thanks I'm always looking for nice hash. Although if it's too nice I forget to squish it :lol:

@@