All my favorite coffeeshops seems to have gone to shit, where to go?

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
nala2991

All my favorite coffeeshops seems to have gone to shit, where to go?

Post by nala2991 »

Hello fellow stoners :D

All my favorite go to coffeeshops seem to have decreased in gear quality and upped their prices. I always went to voyagers which from judging by the latest reviews have gone downhill in quality and upp in prices, utopia has been replaced by a shitty CS. I also like to go to siberie, but some users have been complaining about their weed but not hash. I have also liked the wares of Boerejongens the few times I went, but also they have received a lot of negative feedback. I also like twede kamer, but luckily they seem to still be great!

So which coffeeshops do you guys recommend at the moment? Judging by recent reviews on this forum and other websites these places are good: coffeeshop amsterdam (dampkring 2), solo, johnny, het ballonnetje, dampkring, twede kamer, el guapo.

De kade, the stud and 1e hulp seem good too, but they're too far.

Grey area, amnesia and barney's are too expensive. I don't like paying more than 15eur per gram for weed or normal hash.

Any suggestions about other places to visit, or thoughts about the ones I mentioned?

Thanks in advance!

FlyByNite

Re: All my favorite coffeeshops seems to have gone to shit, where to go?

Post by FlyByNite »

Nothing is too far if you rent a bike.

Enjoy
FlyByNite
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

Or take a tram, metro or bus.

Baba is well worth a trip and if you don’t want to walk, you can catch a free ferry to NDSM and then get another one to the port closest to Baba.
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

You know that 1e is only 300 meters further away from Dam Square than Voyagers? ...It's only too far if you go the wrong way... I learned that the hard way. :roll:

But, yeah... Tram pass!!! ...'bout 17 euros for 3 days, (so one gram of hyped weed), and you can go from 1e, to Ballonnetje in about 10-15 mins... Used to walk everywhere myself, but once i got that travel pass i was a converted forever... Why tie yourself to the city centre when you know you're going to be paying over the odds for average shit, when you know there's better gear for better prices elsewhere?

...Go explore! :D 8)
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

KeyMonCha wrote: Mon 1st Jul 2019 01:14 pm You know that 1e is only 300 meters further away from Dam Square than Voyagers?
I think because it's not on the main Amsterdam map here people think it's far, but it's a city centre CS pretty much.

De Kade is worth the trip, if you can make it all the way to Amsterdam to smoke weed then a trip to De Kade is manageable.
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
nala2991

Post by nala2991 »

My mistake, I thought 1e hulp was much further than it actually was. I'll definitely drop by there. Any point in paying the price for their moonrock, or should I get the jelly iceolator instead?

I'm only staying for only 4 days, so I want to avoid taking public transportation. It'll be too expensive to buy two metro tickets since I'm going with my partner, then it'll just be cheaper to pay 2eur per gram more in central Amsterdam to avoid public transportation. Biking is not an option since my GF absolutely hates biking.
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

nala2991 wrote: Mon 1st Jul 2019 05:18 pm My mistake, I thought 1e hulp was much further than it actually was. I'll definitely drop by there. Any point in paying the price for their moonrock, or should I get the jelly iceolator instead?

I'm only staying for only 4 days, so I want to avoid taking public transportation. It'll be too expensive to buy two metro tickets since I'm going with my partner, then it'll just be cheaper to pay 2eur per gram more in central Amsterdam to avoid public transportation. Biking is not an option since my GF absolutely hates biking.
You can walk but I must agree with the above, public transport in Amsterdam is cheap fast and reliable. I used to (and still do) enjoy walking around the city aimlessly but to hunt buds I find it’s better to get out of the canal belt
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

1 Moonrock = 2, 3 day tram passes. :mrgreen:
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

KeyMonCha wrote: Tue 2nd Jul 2019 12:21 pm 1 Moonrock = 2, 3 day tram passes. :mrgreen:
:lol: too true

We all split hairs here over a few euro price difference per gram and yet I'm sure we all waist a fortune when there on random shit. I have done over the years. Going to Bluebird to buy their specials yet more than happy to drop €12 on a burger at 1am when highly stoned :lol: :mrgreen:
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
RedGecko58

Post by RedGecko58 »

Personally I recommend;

Boerejongens for Fly and Buy their block hash is great! (Walk through Vondelpark and smoke it in the Kashmir Lounge).

Dampkring for the atmosphere and decent Moroccan hash (also nostalgia for me!).

Bluebird for Asian Hash and its on the way to Hortus Botanicus.

Tweede Kamer - not been myself but heard good things about their rifman hash.