Smoking in Wietpass Areas

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
jjs

Smoking in Wietpass Areas

Post by jjs »

If one brings his own weed (purchased outside the Wietpass area), is he allowed to smoke it in a Wietpass shop's smoking room if he buys a drink at the shop? Are there problems if you smoke alone, away from other people in parks or on the sides of canals in a Wietpass area? How extensive are the Wietpass areas? Thanks!

DjShaggy

Re: Smoking in Wietpass Areas

Post by DjShaggy »

jjs wrote: Sat 7th Mar 2020 05:55 pm If one brings his own weed (purchased outside the Wietpass area), is he allowed to smoke it in a Wietpass shop's smoking room if he buys a drink at the shop?
No :lol: why would you think that would be allowed?
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
jjs

Post by jjs »

I couldn't be certain, thus the reason for my question. Thanks for the help.
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

I don't think you are allowed on the premises without the wietpass, though there's not many cities with the wietpass still in place. Smoking outside will be the same as other cities in NL.
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
jjs

Post by jjs »

Thanks! My original question was posed in interest of meeting people who are not young Brits or Yanks of any age (N.B.: I am a 71-year old Yank). Good, concise explanation. Good luck, jjs
jjs

Post by jjs »

My travel plans 31 March - 7 April had to be cancelled. Maybe in October? jjs
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Hey jjs :D

like said before sadly it´s not possible to smoke in a coffeeshop where the wietpas is enforced but most areas have no wietpas anymore. In what city do you planned to stay?
jjs wrote: Sat 7th Mar 2020 05:55 pm Are there problems if you smoke alone, away from other people in parks or on the sides of canals in a Wietpass area?
Usually it should be no problem if you are acting decent and respectfull. Well it depends a bit on the city where you are going. Most parts of the country are pretty different to the very tolerant Amsterdam but overall I would say I made pretty good experiences in the whole country...
Never really had a bad situation but maybe thats only because I try to be decent as possible especially when I am a guest in a country...

Well in some parts of Limburg and also in some small cities/villages in Zeeland I noticed a different attitude :lol: maybe it´s just random or
it´s because some areas are mostly catholic and not really happy about smoking tourists in their city :lol:
In Maastricht where the Wiepas is enforced they were very strict on controlling tourists at the beginning but I don´t know if they still acting like that.
I have been there a few times in the last months and never had a problem or noticed police controlls or something.
jjs wrote: Fri 17th Apr 2020 05:34 pm My travel plans 31 March - 7 April had to be cancelled. Maybe in October? jjs
In that times with the virus it´s not easy to say :? I really really hope that we are able to sit in a coffeeshop again soon but to be honest I am not sure how that should work with that distance regulations at the moment. Maybe they could say max 3 persons inside the coffeeshop at a time but even that is hard to imagine... I think they will try it with that "take away" model for a longer time. Hopefully the virus disappears or they finally find a vaccine and the best would be pretty fast *fingers crossed*.
jjs

Post by jjs »

Marok21

Thank you for your thoughtful and extensive reply. It was very clear and provided some interesting insights into areas I have not yet visited. I have made an annual trip to the Netherlands for the last five years, and this time my focus was to be the province of Utrecht, especially Utrecht city and Amersfoort. I live in Chicago, and the entire state of Illinois is under a "Stay at Home" order . Be safe and stay well,

jjs
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

jjs wrote: Tue 21st Apr 2020 12:21 am and this time my focus was to be the province of Utrecht, especially Utrecht city and Amersfoort.
You won't have Wietpass issues in Utrecht! If you're looking for general info about other places to visit there was a good thread about the best coffeeshops outside of Amsterdam. The person who started the thread has since stopped posting and quite childishly deleted their posts on the thread so I've started a new one which you may be interested in following.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=37170
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
jjs

Post by jjs »

Thank you. Now it's just a long wait until I can plan my next visit. All the best and stay safe. jjs