Mellow Pages

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
Ghost

Re: Mellow Pages

Post by Ghost »

Lemming wrote: Sat 14th Mar 2020 05:47 pm Great stuff!
I remember a few of those long-lost ones like Old Style and Future.
The 3 Prix D'Ami shops mentioned were:
Prix D'Ami 1 is now Betty Boop
Prix D'Ami 2 is the present day shop
Prix D'Ami 3 was on Nieuwendijk, long gone
Excellent @Lemming i remember Old Style myself but can not remember Future(but most probably did visit it in a stoned state). Its good to see what the 3 Prix D'Ami shops are/were. It is amazing how places have changed over the years and what shops are still going etc

Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

HitTheNorth wrote: Fri 13th Mar 2020 09:17 pm Top work there @Ghost I too remember zero zero hash. Does anyone know where on prinz hendrickade cs future was?
:thumbup: @HitTheNorth
I think Future(i do remember it now :D ) is Pappa Steak House now or was by having a look on Google Maps and using the street view :D
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

HitTheNorth wrote: Fri 13th Mar 2020 09:17 pm Does anyone know where on prinz hendrickade cs future was?
Y'know there's a useful little place on the 'Net that has the answer to all such questions :wink: : Future ACD page
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Lemming wrote: Sat 14th Mar 2020 07:18 pm
HitTheNorth wrote: Fri 13th Mar 2020 09:17 pm Does anyone know where on prinz hendrickade cs future was?
Y'know there's a useful little place on the 'Net that has the answer to all such questions :wink: : Future ACD page
:thumbup: Lemming that's where i found it :thumbup:
HitTheNorth

Post by HitTheNorth »

Lemming wrote: Sat 14th Mar 2020 07:18 pm
😆 of course! So just past voyagers, @Ghost yeah street view it's Papas takeaway. Reason I ask is I'm obsessed with a cs I visited in the 90s that I think was around there. But it was on a corner like the Luxor store couple doors up from Future/Papas. Or the steakhouse along from Central cs, voyagers side. I dunno, I've not found anything to support my theory so far 🤣 but I remember it being near docks or more industrial looking large waterway rather than a quaint canal. It wouldn't have been too far from RLD as that's where we stayed. Dunno I'm a real sucker for these nostalgic trips
Apologies for my stoned ramblings. Great thread!
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Smokey next to Central?
If not, search the ACD. Lots of pics of old shops here.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Lemming wrote: Sat 14th Mar 2020 09:27 pm Smokey next to Central?
Yes it could be that one Smokey, i do not really remember much about that shop myself, but then again my stoner memory can not even remember what i did yesterday :lol:
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

I’d love to see a map of just the closed shops
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
ollsta1

Post by ollsta1 »

Omg 😮 this takes me way back !
17 years old ,return flight from Birmingham to ams
400 euro
No hotel booked , not even a warm coat (jan 2004)
The only thing we had was a copy of the mellow pages that was 6 years out of date !! Wouldn’t say it saved us but it helped a lot . The edition with the clogs on the front 😁😁
We out there like lambs to the slaughter in them times . Then I found this site and the fun began . Im 33 now and 54 trips later the pic of that mellow pages has just warmed my heart . 💙
HitTheNorth

Post by HitTheNorth »

Lemming wrote: Sat 14th Mar 2020 09:27 pm Smokey next to Central?
I'm not sure it was Smokey, it looks too big and the one I remember had chrome in the exterior, like an American diner. I have pored through all the closed shops on acd however no dice. Obviously there's no photos of some of them which makes it harder. Such a fascinating resource to have though. I've done Crosschecking between acd and google too, pretty tough finding images of lost shops, but it is a subject I'm interested in.

@djshaggy I would love to see that too

Hope this is OK to post but I follow a guy called Marc Landry on IG, he posts pics of old and closed shops quite regularly, it's pretty cool
kibby

Post by kibby »

Best Thread Ever!

Brought a tear to my eye remembering 90s Amsterdam, what a beautiful era. Spend all day in the Sensi coffeeshop and raving all night at Trance Buddha after 18 hour coach trips on national express. Being approached at central station with offers of accommodation, staying on rusty boats on Westerdok with no electric or heating for 15 guilders a night.

And freaks everywhere! You go now and everyone look exactly the same in their Nike trainers. And all the coffeeshops have been homogenized too bar one or two.

Thanx for the memories.
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

Trance buddha....fuck me ,she was some spot ..anything went in them days :mrgreen: and white widow was top of d pops
HitTheNorth

Post by HitTheNorth »

I went to trance Buddha on nye back in the 90s. Had a great night, loved that scene back then even though I'm a guitar fan really.

There was a girl dressed as a bee and a native American Chief, full head dress and everything. I swear It was real, nothing to do with my mind 😇

Misty watercolour memories...
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Somehow a bit of nostalgia is quite cool in these strange times.
I've scanned a bit of the 2nd edition, the oldest I have.

This was still quite early in the history of the coffeeshops.
There were lots of new shops opening while others were beginning to become established.

This was before the shops were licensed. Throughout the guide Kip refers to the 'person', meaning the shop's dealer, dissociating the cafe from the cannabis trade.

Clearly by scanning and publishing this material I'm not respecting the request made on the page above. My intention is to show total respect to Kip by republishing this over 30-year-old book that hasn't been available for ages. I hope he isn't offended, wherever he is these days.

Het Ballonnetje

The Reefer

(not the existing shop with a similar name in the centre, this one up in the north closed long ago)
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Another closed one

Haussmann