Current rules travelling to ‘Dam!?!

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
smokseyj

Current rules travelling to ‘Dam!?!

Post by smokseyj »

So I travelled from UK to Amsterdam about 3 weeks ago without issue. Had a great time, other then 1 or 2 coffee shops. Everything seemed business as usual. Was hopin to catch a quick flight out over the next day or so but not sure what the current rules are? Are shops still open in Amsterdam? Do you need to self isolate? Etc. Appreciate any help at the mo

petty

Re: Current rules travelling to ‘Dam!?!

Post by petty »

Compulsory quarantining on return to UK so unessential travel is not advised by the UK govt. This affects insurance etc. I visited 3rd. to 7th. Aug .I decided to act quickly as Dutch quarantine restrictions were lifted rather than wait around as you normally do thinking that things would improve. DONT GO !!! As a matter of interest, a lot of the side gates to the Vondel Park were kept locked at that time, to discourage crowd flows coming together ??? All the coffeeshops I encountered were functioning as normal.
In short you can arrive in Amsterdam no questions asked but have to isolate on return to the UK.
smokseyj

Post by smokseyj »

Thanks for the above. I didn’t end up going.

However, I am thinking of going next week. I heard Netherlands has been taken off the UK list, so we no longer need to quarantine when we get back. Is this true? It’s not very clear on the gov website. Anybody recently been?
brufy

Post by brufy »

smokseyj wrote: Sun 30th Aug 2020 02:17 am Thanks for the above. I didn’t end up going.

However, I am thinking of going next week. I heard Netherlands has been taken off the UK list, so we no longer need to quarantine when we get back. Is this true? It’s not very clear on the gov website. Anybody recently been?
The FCO currently advises against all unnecessary travel to The Netherlands and you will have to quarantine for fourteen days on return to The UK.
Over four years on ACD and none the wiser…
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

How do they ensure people quarantine when they get back?
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
bedge

Post by bedge »

High all,
for travelling to the Netherlands you need to fill in a health declaration form from.
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/netherlands
and 48 hours before returning you need to fill in an online form with all travel information ect from.
https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-cont ... -travel-uk
They want a phone number to text you, so I think they maybe call or text numbers and use network information to identify your location??
I am going (for essential travel) for 7days from 8th September so will post regarding the experience as it happens.
Anyone else around that week want a t&t let me know.
best wishes all
bedge
kiki1989

Post by kiki1989 »

bedge wrote: Mon 31st Aug 2020 08:02 pm High all,
for travelling to the Netherlands you need to fill in a health declaration form from.
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/netherlands
and 48 hours before returning you need to fill in an online form with all travel information ect from.
https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-cont ... -travel-uk
They want a phone number to text you, so I think they maybe call or text numbers and use network information to identify your location??
I am going (for essential travel) for 7days from 8th September so will post regarding the experience as it happens.
Anyone else around that week want a t&t let me know.
best wishes all
bedge
Hi Bedge, thanks for all this!

I’m supposed to be flying over for two nights from Wednesday 23rd and was wondering if you could help me with some more info:-

- Does it take longer to board/go through customs etc. at the airport? And is there a screening process at the airport?
- I presume I have to show the form wherever I go in Dam?
- Can you still sit in most coffeeshops?
- Are coffeeshops quieter than usual?
- Do you have to wear a mask upon entering coffeeshops?
- Will I be able to obtain a notice of needing to isolate that I can show my employer?

Thanks for your help regarding this! Not entirely set on going currently as isolating could be a struggle back in the U.K.
bedge

Post by bedge »

High Kiki1989
There is no screening of any kind that I could tell.
there may be IR cameras looking for passengers with a fever, but I didn't notice any new cameras!!
at Manchester T1. There was very few people at T1 lots of retail outlets closed.
duty free was open and 1 bar and most food outlets closed.
The first gate was unmanned and a auto boarding pass to get in.
Next security very fast,less than 5 mins.
MY mask has been on continually on and no one has checked my id yet.
next boarding pass check at the aircraft gate and airline staff ask to see your face to check passport pic.
No border force to be seen. Guess border force uses airline data to do their job.
No waiting for plane it was there and that was its first journey that day.
In fact it was only doing 1 trip to Netherlands then back to Manchester that day.
plane was 50 passengers on a 200 seater. So boarding was fast. Disembarkation was different.
WE were instructed that each row would disembark a row at a time.
But with only 50 passengers no big deal.
After leaving the plane we see very few officials anywhere. Auto passport readers to get in to the Netherlands no forms needed.
to be given or shown. I had mine printed out and filled in but its still in my bag.
there are UV machines at Schiphol to sterilize passports and phones free if you want.
Also free Covid-19 testing at Schiphol on arrival.(not mandatory)
You need to use a mask till you depart train at Amsterdam central.
Unlike UK rail stations it looks like you don't need a mask in the station, just need one on all public transport.
Apart from transport you won't need a mask in Amsterdam.(less than 5% are wearing masks on the streets.)
Most coffeeshops are open some fly&buy only.(I started a list above)
Some coffeeshops have closed some seats to give space to customers, some haven't but it is so quiet.
Social distancing is easy in most places.
Bars and restaurant ask for a name and mobile number for track and trace.
The coffeeshops don't for obvious reasons.
You will only need ID with you in the Netherlands (for UK citizens and EU nationals) no other docs needed.
48 hours before you arrive in UK you can fill in an online form with UK immigration(link above)
you then get an email confirmation, then another email with PDF attached giving a doc with reg number ECT.
You should be able to use this to show your employer re lockdown.
AS I left Netherlands I showed my passport to a person at passport control first time a border force person had checked mine the whole trip.
Arriving back in UK passengers who had not registered online were told they would not get in without filling the forms in on a table.
As I had my phone with PDF I went through. Auto passport machine no PDF on phone needed and passenger who did fill in form walk through
just putting passports in machine and taking form with them without showing it to anyone??
Flight prices are very low I got return Manchester to Amsterdam for £43. Hotels empty so low prices as well.we got a twin room for 7 nights
for 300 euros!! You can get a week in a 3-star hotel for about 400 euro for 2 at the moment. Every hotel has rooms, no full signs anywhere.
In Amsterdam most places are open but very quiet, have a look at the dam square webcam!
Only problem we had was returning to Schiphol were following signs for t3 and were sent from departures 3 to 2 back to 3 and finally to departures 2 again. Turns out departures 3 closed at 3pm. Luckily my mate suggested we set of earlier than needed, so we had time to run from departures 3 to 2 to 3 and back to 2 :evil: . I am disappointed the airline didn't email the relevant info.they always have before!
hope you have a safe trip.
best wishes
bedge
PS a mate travelled from Luton and had same type of experience.
I am now on 14-day lockdown and will post if border force follow up with any checking.
kiki1989

Post by kiki1989 »

bedge wrote: Thu 17th Sep 2020 04:32 pm High Kiki1989
There is no screening of any kind that I could tell.
there may be IR cameras looking for passengers with a fever, but I didn't notice any new cameras!!
at Manchester T1. There was very few people at T1 lots of retail outlets closed.
duty free was open and 1 bar and most food outlets closed.
The first gate was unmanned and a auto boarding pass to get in.
Next security very fast,less than 5 mins.
MY mask has been on continually on and no one has checked my id yet.
next boarding pass check at the aircraft gate and airline staff ask to see your face to check passport pic.
No border force to be seen. Guess border force uses airline data to do their job.
No waiting for plane it was there and that was its first journey that day.
In fact it was only doing 1 trip to Netherlands then back to Manchester that day.
plane was 50 passengers on a 200 seater. So boarding was fast. Disembarkation was different.
WE were instructed that each row would disembark a row at a time.
But with only 50 passengers no big deal.
After leaving the plane we see very few officials anywhere. Auto passport readers to get in to the Netherlands no forms needed.
to be given or shown. I had mine printed out and filled in but its still in my bag.
there are UV machines at Schiphol to sterilize passports and phones free if you want.
Also free Covid-19 testing at Schiphol on arrival.(not mandatory)
You need to use a mask till you depart train at Amsterdam central.
Unlike UK rail stations it looks like you don't need a mask in the station, just need one on all public transport.
Apart from transport you won't need a mask in Amsterdam.(less than 5% are wearing masks on the streets.)
Most coffeeshops are open some fly&buy only.(I started a list above)
Some coffeeshops have closed some seats to give space to customers, some haven't but it is so quiet.
Social distancing is easy in most places.
Bars and restaurant ask for a name and mobile number for track and trace.
The coffeeshops don't for obvious reasons.
You will only need ID with you in the Netherlands (for UK citizens and EU nationals) no other docs needed.
48 hours before you arrive in UK you can fill in an online form with UK immigration(link above)
you then get an email confirmation, then another email with PDF attached giving a doc with reg number ECT.
You should be able to use this to show your employer re lockdown.
AS I left Netherlands I showed my passport to a person at passport control first time a border force person had checked mine the whole trip.
Arriving back in UK passengers who had not registered online were told they would not get in without filling the forms in on a table.
As I had my phone with PDF I went through. Auto passport machine no PDF on phone needed and passenger who did fill in form walk through
just putting passports in machine and taking form with them without showing it to anyone??
Flight prices are very low I got return Manchester to Amsterdam for £43. Hotels empty so low prices as well.we got a twin room for 7 nights
for 300 euros!! You can get a week in a 3-star hotel for about 400 euro for 2 at the moment. Every hotel has rooms, no full signs anywhere.
In Amsterdam most places are open but very quiet, have a look at the dam square webcam!
Only problem we had was returning to Schiphol were following signs for t3 and were sent from departures 3 to 2 back to 3 and finally to departures 2 again. Turns out departures 3 closed at 3pm. Luckily my mate suggested we set of earlier than needed, so we had time to run from departures 3 to 2 to 3 and back to 2 :evil: . I am disappointed the airline didn't email the relevant info.they always have before!
hope you have a safe trip.
best wishes
bedge
PS a mate travelled from Luton and had same type of experience.
I am now on 14-day lockdown and will post if border force follow up with any checking.
A massive thanks for all of this mate, greatly appreciated. I’m flying from Manchester T1 too so good to know it all went swimmingly. And likewise, my flights were £46 return and I couldn’t resist booking at the prices!

Thanks again for all your help!
bedge

Post by bedge »

High all
Well 14 days now passed and no contact from border force for me or my travelling partner.
And as i only gave land line number tech tracking cant have been used.
best wishes all
bedge
kiki1989

Post by kiki1989 »

Nice one bedge, really appreciate all your info which went a long way towards me having perhaps my favourite trip to Dam. Got a seat in every shop, only shared a hostel room with one other lad, smoked an awful lot of weed, lots of walking and lots of food.

Another week to go for me, but I’ve acquired some nice Super Silver Haze to see me through. :D

Best smoke of the trip? I bought a g of Jack Herer from Bagheera (first time I’ve been in there) for only €9, as there was no Lemon Bubble and it was great. Really good high.

Snuck a Paradox space cake back but wished I’d brought bud back too, as I left some as usual.

Can’t wait to go back.