Strain Hunters Opens Coffeeshop In Amsterdam

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
AudioKush

Strain Hunters Opens Coffeeshop In Amsterdam

Post by AudioKush »

Strain Hunters by Green House is getting its first ever coffeeshop. On 18 September 2020 Coffeeshop Strain Hunters opens Singel 387 in Amsterdam.

Strain Hunters started as a documentary series in which Green House co-founders Arjan Roskam and the late Franco Loja sought out rare landrace genetics from around the globe. Through their exciting travel series, which even aired on HBO, they explored various regions of the world, including Morocco, India, Jamaica, and Congo.

What rare and exciting genetics will you find at Coffeeshop Strain Hunters? There’s only one way to find out! Starting 18 September 2020, anyone can visit Strain Hunters at Singel 387 in Amsterdam!

But wait, you may ask yourself, “how can a new coffeeshop open in Amsterdam?”
That’s simple! While the Dutch government is no longer issuing new license for coffeeshops to open, a coffeeshop may sell or their license to another party. This is how Amsterdam was introduced to other new coffeeshops like Family First and The Plug.

That is exactly what happened here! Some of you may recognize the address where Coffeeshop Strain Hunters will be located, Singel 387. That is because this is the home of the former Coffeeshop 420 Cafe, which recently shut its doors.

Move over 420 Cafe, there’s a new coffeeshop in town! Strain Hunters by Green House opens its first coffeeshop in Amsterdam. The doors open to the public on Friday 18 September 2020.

Will you be visiting Coffeeshop Strain Hunters in Amsterdam next time you visit?

http://audiokushhq.com/strain-hunters-o ... amsterdam/

Flemish

Re: Strain Hunters Opens Coffeeshop In Amsterdam

Post by Flemish »

Dutch Flowers, 420 - one of the best rainy day coffeeshop windows in the Dam. Hope they don’t change this!
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Fear of change is a constant on ACD! Lets see what they do with it, they will now have 5 coffeeshops.
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
la2019

Post by la2019 »

So the Greenhouse people have a very certain style of shop that works well for them; but 420 had just become one of my favorite local style, low-key sort of chill out places. The new place may be great, but I'm sure gonna miss the one it's replacing! Little charming local places are becoming an endangered species...which I guess is inevitable as the world keeps turning!
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

la2019 wrote: Mon 14th Sep 2020 07:44 pm Little charming local places are becoming an endangered species...which I guess is inevitable as the world keeps turning!
In Amsterdam city centre probably, but I think outside of the centre and outside of Amsterdam there are loads. Ive put up travelougues covering Eindhoven, Tilburg, Hague, Leiden and Gouda which could be useful. Haarlem no doubt still has real Dutch charm as does Utrecht. Shop around :)
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
la2019

Post by la2019 »

Definitely--"shopping around" the coffee shops is my favorite thing! And yes, there still are a lot of charming little shops, but the trend is less of them rather than more, simply because of the limited number of licenses to be had. So inevitably, larger companies have the resources to expand, taking a larger share of the limited resource. Smaller places feel the pressure to modernize and update their offering...(Relax is one that comes to mind) And Covid didn't help the little places I'm sure, unless they could compete on the quality or price of their gear...
Not complaining, just some conjecturing to try and make sense of things. All in all, whenever I can get back, I'll just appreciate the little local shops a bit more, and see what Strain Hunters have to offer!