Christ are we doing this again? Tourist ban??

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
cornish pixie

Re: Christ are we doing this again? Tourist ban??

Post by cornish pixie »

Such a shame the way Amsterdam and local authority has gone in the direction of inviting and encouraging the riches rather than welcoming all to city. Understanding that during the last ten years that the city has been over populated this Major doesn’t seem to understand that it’s tourist just like us the ones who have supported their economy through the years using the airports, local transport, restaurants, brown bars and even the odd tourist attraction such as museums etc. Personally I feel that the city ( any other city in this world ) should crack down anti social behaviour. If you get arrested or need treatment through drink or drugs at the expense of that country then mark that individuals passport with a no return. Certain Individuals need to learn about own responsibility and some need to behave with some respect. Self in titled attitudes are ruining society. It’s shame a small part of society should behave like this and damage the rights of other travellers. Why should I go without the privilege of sitting in a coffee shop due to Tarquin over the in the red light districts had ten pints, six shots then thrown up over the bar got chucked out then pissed in the street got pulled up by a police officer and then got lippy and ended up in a cell. Hold individuals responsible and stop them visiting instead of tarnishing us all with the same brush.

"If you can, then do "
CloudMaster

Post by CloudMaster »

Promoted by VOC Nederland, Hanf Magazine says "A tourist ban would promote economic damage while at the same time increasing the illegal drug trade."
https://www.hanf-magazin.com/politik/in ... ffeeshops/
la2019

Post by la2019 »

Bumping up my least favorite topic, but just wondering if there's anything new on this...There was a spate of scary-sounding headlines a few weeks back, but reading the articles made it clear that those publications were still running on older reporting. I kind of feel like when the mayor didn't secure the backing from her own party for a ban that she really lost momentum, said they'd study it and basically kicked the can down the road. Now with new covid restrictions yet again, I'm thinking there won't be as much of an appetite to gut an entire sector of the Horeca industry...but that could just be wishful thinking on my part...
brufy

Post by brufy »

la2019 wrote: Wed 1st Dec 2021 12:01 am Bumping up my least favorite topic, but just wondering if there's anything new on this...There was a spate of scary-sounding headlines a few weeks back, but reading the articles made it clear that those publications were still running on older reporting. I kind of feel like when the mayor didn't secure the backing from her own party for a ban that she really lost momentum, said they'd study it and basically kicked the can down the road. Now with new covid restrictions yet again, I'm thinking there won't be as much of an appetite to gut an entire sector of the Horeca industry...but that could just be wishful thinking on my part...
Thanks for kicking this up the road, so to speak.

This thread should be the go-to place for the latest on this joyful subject.
Over four years on ACD and none the wiser…
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Someone has way too much time on their hands. :wtf: :yawn: :thumbdown:

AzLaker
8)
If you never do, you'll never know.
suktasell

Post by suktasell »

It seems this strange obsession with going back to how things were in the 1950s that's been growing throughout the UK and US these last few years is now even taking root in more sensible countries :evil:
whatsapp mod
watch tv series