Chilled Atmosphere & Outdoor Area

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
Dontog2

Chilled Atmosphere & Outdoor Area

Post by Dontog2 »

Hi All,

I was lucky enough to travel over to the Dam in October just before they closed the CS for a second time.

It was my first time in several years and I’ll be honest, it was bliss because it was so quiet. It made me realize that now I’m getting on in years (now 40) my ideal CS is one that is not busy and as long as you buy enough drinks/weed they just let you chill.

I also realised that now I don’t smoke regularly, only a few times a year, my tolerance is lower so I sought out quiet outdoor spots to smoke.

My question is, what are the best CS for older smokers? It doesn’t matter if the smoke is not the best, my tolerance is now happy with a nice flavour and gentle buzz. I saw that possibly La Tertulia is a good bet, anyone confirm that?

Also any outdoor space I could just sit and chill with a joint? Is sitting by a canal on a bench and just chonging ok? I did that last time but got a little paranoid as a car pulled up and asked me if I was a tourist and German then drove off. I didn’t know if the police, scammers or coincidence.

Finally I accidentally booked for 4/20 so hopefully see some of you there.

petty

Re: Chilled Atmosphere & Outdoor Area

Post by petty »

My recommendation to you is Yoyo. The grass is cheap and you can buy as little as 5 euros worth. You can`t smoke outside because of the playground but the smoking area is bright with two large windows to the south and west and Sarphati Park and Oosterpark are each close bye. Smoke there all the time beside the lakes. Siberie on Brouersgracht is also relaxed and look out for any vacant benches on the North side of the canal as you walk westwards where you can observe the canal traffic as it turns onto the canal, from wooden park benches. In the past I`ve bicycle toured all over Netherlands and generally sought out peaceful places to smoke and no one has ever said boo to me. Once shared a tiny amount of grass with a North African refugee who was living in the Vondel Park but the following year he was gone.
Dontog2

Post by Dontog2 »

petty wrote: Mon 28th Dec 2020 07:41 pm My recommendation to you is Yoyo. The grass is cheap and you can buy as little as 5 euros worth. You can`t smoke outside because of the playground but the smoking area is bright with two large windows to the south and west and Sarphati Park and Oosterpark are each close bye. Smoke there all the time beside the lakes. Siberie on Brouersgracht is also relaxed and look out for any vacant benches on the North side of the canal as you walk westwards where you can observe the canal traffic as it turns onto the canal, from wooden park benches. In the past I`ve bicycle toured all over Netherlands and generally sought out peaceful places to smoke and no one has ever said boo to me. Once shared a tiny amount of grass with a North African refugee who was living in the Vondel Park but the following year he was gone.
Thank you :)
CruMember

Post by CruMember »

:clap: Like this thread/topic, guys!
Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts and experiences... :thumbup:
Would say the more out of centre locations should be more relaxed. (Authentic) people, attitude, style, athmosphere, prices etc. ...
But of course hints for the centre are very welcome!
Regarding outside smoking think it's essential to respect that there are quite a lot people who dislike everywhere weed smell and too stoned people creating stress & 'overlast' etc. Not so easy to find places where not bothering 'em. Just take(s) time finding places... And, as a hint, the brown piece stuff shouldn't smell that strong with outside smoking... :wink:
Question btw (sry if not 100% on the topic): thought that smoking tobacco inside not allowed anymore (as in any Horeca) sinds March 2020!?

Stay safe'n chilled everybody & 'geniet ervan'!!! :wave:
Dontog2

Post by Dontog2 »

CruMember wrote: Tue 29th Dec 2020 12:27 pm :clap: Like this thread/topic, guys!
Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts and experiences... :thumbup:
Would say the more out of centre locations should be more relaxed. (Authentic) people, attitude, style, athmosphere, prices etc. ...
But of course hints for the centre are very welcome!
Regarding outside smoking think it's essential to respect that there are quite a lot people who dislike everywhere weed smell and too stoned people creating stress & 'overlast' etc. Not so easy to find places where not bothering 'em. Just take(s) time finding places... And, as a hint, the brown piece stuff shouldn't smell that strong with outside smoking... :wink:
Question btw (sry if not 100% on the topic): thought that smoking tobacco inside not allowed anymore (as in any Horeca) sinds March 2020!?

Stay safe'n chilled everybody & 'geniet ervan'!!! :wave:
Thanks, yeah I never want to annoy people, especially the locals. I was there in October of this year and I smoked pure joints ok inside the CS. I did see people making joints with tobacco and no one stopped them, but then again it was super quiet because of covid so possibly on a normal situation they would have had a word said to them.

I guess it being slightly warmer in April when I go, in theory anyway, finding a spot in a park like it has been suggested that's secluded and dry might be easier.
HitTheNorth

Post by HitTheNorth »

I'll throw in Katsu. It's chill inside and you see a lot if our age Groupon there - I'm mid 40s. It also has a small terrace outside which is great for people watching.
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Shout-out to all those canal side benches! For the best atmosphere I'd recommend the benches outside the Stayok Stadsdoelen, quite central and always clientele from the hostel smoking and looking for conversation :)
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

I promote the benches in the Jordaan. I seem to always pick up a great memory or two whenever I sit and observe the goings-on of the Jordaan.
dlw

Post by dlw »

Susies saloon and Ricks bar
Bifton

Post by Bifton »

As far out of Centrum as you can get but very easy to get to. At the end of the 53 Metro line is Gaasperpark, very chilled and peaceful. There's also an excellent Snack van near the station for munchies :wink: :mrgreen:
If you are looking for milder weed, just ask the budtender and they can advise you what's best for you and drinking a sugary soft drink always helps me stabilise when I have a whitey 8)