Making edibles

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
mcgoo44

Making edibles

Post by mcgoo44 »

So I'm venturing into the world of edibles for the 1st time and was looking for a bit of advice.

My wife has an amazing recipe for chocolate brownies so was planning on using that recipe but just replace the butter with cannabutter.

Just getting ready to make cannabutter, was planning to use 5g of weed and 3/4 of a block of butter (same amount of butter used in recipe), that will make 1 tray of brownies, 9 portions.

What's the thinking with the weed to butter ratio?

Looking for a good stone off these, I'm a regular smoker, use approx. 1/4 Oz per week.

Is 5g enough for some kick ass brownies?

AzLaker

Re: Making edibles

Post by AzLaker »

I think it all depends on your tolerance. The ex and I have been making edibles for a while now. We use shatter. THC is anywhere from 78% to 81% per gram of shatter. Use 12 grams.... decarb, then add to butter (8oz.) Makes 30 cookies, with 250-300mg per cookie. Super nice buzz. Great for long distance travel.

Personally I think you should go with 1oz. The dosage might be a tad high if you're making large brownies, but you can cut them in half and try a small dose at a time. Good luck.

AzLaker
8)
If you never do, you'll never know.
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Always hard to advise on quantities cos tolerance varies as does the quality of people's weed.

Collect all your stalks as well or if you know anyone with any trim you can use that too, it's expensive using only weed, I was using Vaped bud, stalks, trim and bits of leftover weed I didn't like. Play around with it, enjoy the many journeys! I don't eat much edibles these days but used to consume them regularly. Watched your tolerance as you delve deeper into them :mrgreen:
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

Tolerance and edibles... Ah yes... Fucked myself up yeaterday😂😂... Have some good hash lately, which is rare in Ireland anyway came to bundoran in donegal, a seaside village for Irish holiday makers for those who don't know,lovely weather and great spot for family when it's like this, we were going for a day on the beach yesterday and I decided to make a hash yogurt, I usually put 1 gram of hash on a desert spoon with a small lump of butter and heat with a candle from below, when the butter melts the hash melts into it and becomes like brown oil, reason for this Is the the butter helps the hash get into the system quicker, yesterday I had no spoon and no butter so I put what I taut was about a gram into the yogurt and just ate it, after about 2 hours I didn't notice anything aad just assumed it wasn't working🙈 bad mistake, as we made our way from back things went all Pete thong, I was completely out of it, got lost in the 1 main St of this small village and had to be brought back to hotel by my 10 year old daughter, great laughs had along the way, so the lesson is, when making your own edibles... Go handy
accidentally

Post by accidentally »

Tokeing tom wrote: Mon 28th Jun 2021 04:05 pm [...] I had no spoon and no butter so I put what I taut was about a gram into the yogurt and just ate it, after about 2 hours I didn't notice anything aad just assumed it wasn't working🙈 bad mistake
Wouldn't you need to decarb the hash somehow? I never tried making hash yogurt but I always assumed you need to decarb it beforehand somehow otherwise why would the THC be released? Curious.
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

The answer is no you don't need to de cárb the hash but unfortunately I cannot answer you as to why you don't I know about cooking with weed and it has to be, but not with hash, I'm sure somebody here can explain much better than me, sorry😁
Flipperock

Post by Flipperock »

The only edible I like are the brownies. I have tried many others like lemonade, candies, and meat with CBD flavor, but it hasn't any big effect. First of all, I like brownies a lot, and combining them with cannabis is a great idea. I live near a weed store and top Burlington dispensary. So I can always have qualitative weed for the brownies I make. I rarely buy the brownies in specialized shops because I always need to know the quantity of cannabis I will eat, so I always prepare the brownies on my own, using my recipe.