CS THAT DO NOT ALLOW OWN SMOKE & MINIUM BUY of 20EUROS

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

I'd like the original poster of this thread to go to his local coffee shop and order half a coffee... or perhaps, to his local bar and order half a bottle of beer.

Don't hold coffee shops to some kind of unrealistic level of super-costumer-service that you created in a fantasy world.

If you want to rest your feet, find a bench, because you're sure as shit going to have to make a purchase at any lunch bar, deli counter, conventional coffee shop or liquor bar ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD.

Long live the marijuana Coffee Shop... min purchases or not. I'd rather have, than have not.

Amsterdam dreaming.............
puffpuffgive

Post by puffpuffgive »

Here here, Two. I suppose this highlights the wildly varying experiences people have in coffeeshops.
ik hou van amsterdam
photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/bananaface1000/
turdhead

Post by turdhead »

No mention of buying half or .3 of gram.
I would only expect ice hash to be sold in weights under a gram.

We always purchase drinks when we enter a place for starters.

The min. buy refers to 20 or 15min buy, not min buy of 1gram.
Am not that petty, I can afford 1gram.

You can order half a larger in a pub if you want to get technical, so don't talk bollocks.

Too many people jump on the wagon and think coffeeshops should enforce to buy there smoke, comparing it to eating your meal in another place, as far as wearing your nike shoes in a adidas store, yes i've seen that mention on the forums too.

It is not a fantasy it is a reality, it should provide decent customer service.
Polite with manners and not demanding you smoke there goods.
Am not sure about the rest of the users, but i like to try a range, not just buy there gear cos am in there place. OBVIOUSLY i would buy drinks and possibly some snacks if they have any nice ones and a reasonable price compared to the other c/s's in the area.

This point was to a list of names and experiences, so i can decide where n what to visit.
Not back and forth about buying half a drink, eating ya sandwhich in another place, bloody ridiculous comparisons.

People know what am talking about, but continue to run away with some point about food and drink. That's not even the issue. pointless really trying to get much sense here!
Iko

Post by Iko »

Turd , i personally appreciate the general gist of what you are saying and the points you have made.
I live in a coastal tourist Mecca and regardless of what people buy when entering any kind of estabishment customer service is key.
Seconded by clean modern bathrooms ( hehe ).
Once In A while You Get Shown The Light
RonZen

Post by RonZen »

TwoCanucks wrote:Don't hold coffee shops to some kind of unrealistic level of super-costumer-service that you created in a fantasy world.
Firm agreement here.

But that said, I think a listing of places that consistently bar smoking 'outside' weed would be very helpful.

We don't have to say such shops are "bad" to recognize that it's a _very_ helpful thing to know before buying drinks or snacks that you won't be allowed to smoke from your stash.
turdhead

Post by turdhead »

Thank you, am glad someone can benefit from this apart from myself.

Just because a place sells the "drug" people visit for, they feel like they should take there shoddy service and attitude on the chin as part of being a pot head.

But that is not good enough for me sorry.

Service is key!
turdhead

Post by turdhead »

RonZen wrote: it's a _very_ helpful thing to know before buying drinks or snacks that you won't be allowed to smoke from your stash.
beyond belief.

If i walk in and buy a weed and have a drink great.
But if i don't like what they have to offer or they're prices, and purchase a drink i will want to smoke my own.

To get told , no you must buy.

I would be in a position of:
a) try an enjoy a over priced drink without a joint
b) drink up and go
c) throw it away and leave to a place more welcoming.

How would you deal with the situation?
IF YOU WHERE TOLD YOU CAN'T SMOKE YOUR OWN!
imzm39

Post by imzm39 »

Bushdoctor will do one grams if u ask
RonZen

Post by RonZen »

turdhead wrote:
RonZen wrote: it's a _very_ helpful thing to know before buying drinks or snacks that you won't be allowed to smoke from your stash.
beyond belief.

How would you deal with the situation?
Dude. I'd be pissed.

Which is why I've essentially agreed with you that it's a good idea to try to get a list of such places. If you find that "beyond belief" I'm not sure I can find a reasonable meeting ground with you. So be it.

I think it would be important to differentiate between "minimum buy" places (which I don't really give a shit about as a policy), and "must buy" places (which matters a great deal to me). On my last trip none of the places I visited fell into the "must buy" grouping.

Bush Docter's perhaps one for the list.
Others, anyone?
turdhead

Post by turdhead »

beyond belief in relation to how helpful a list would be.

Would save a lot of hassle.

Am not there to argue or bargain with staff members, and really can't be arsed, ill just take my wallet elsewhere, and share my experience with people to help them avoid mistakes I have made.

Must be annoying to get told after you buy a drink, u must smoke there stuff.
They wait till you've got a drink then sting you.

Happened to Pauli in OLD CHURCH! nasty place!
DC

Post by DC »

turdhead wrote: Just because a place sells the "drug" people visit for, they feel like they should take there shoddy service and attitude on the chin as part of being a pot head.
Actuallty, that's exactly why they can do as they like..It's a monoply and as such they know they'll get the custom no matter what. While it may be a good thing, you don't have to have good service or even good weed to make good money in a coffeeshop in Amsterdam. The fact that Paradise is still goin strong proves this. So, instead of this half baked witch hunt, I suggest you simply ask before buying anything in a coffeeshop in future.. :idea:

...and if you want to get technical, yer incorrect when asking for half a larger...as yer actually asking for half a 'pint' of larger...not half of a whole thing....

Some of you guys must have idealistic bubbles burst in town, when ya finally find out hippies don't run the whole show. :roll: :lol:
darkglobe

Post by darkglobe »

I always find ,if you go to the decent shops,you get decent service...if you just wanna drink and smoke and not buy,or be hassled to buy,then go in a smokers bar,such as the Nes or Hunters or the bar next to 420 or go in 420 itself.I've gone in there many times just to listen some decent sounds,being a ZappaFreak,and nobodys ever hassled me to buy el dopa... 8)
"That cats something i can't explain"
turdhead

Post by turdhead »

need to check Nes out,
allow tobacco smoking in there still?

Half the prob is people just say its a monopoly etc, if people actually communicated more about experiences shops would lose out, obviously they will still drag in enough tourists of the street and so on, but it helps people who do care and want a trip with min. hassle.

Shouldn't stand for no shitty service.
Even if they sell weed or not. Damprking won't fail ya or treat you like a 1st time smoker
Sir Niall of Essex-sire

Post by Sir Niall of Essex-sire »

While i agree that i dont like the min. buy idea, or the buy smoke here or you cant sit down. DC's suggestion of asking first seems to make sense. It bums me out that the cannabis industry has turned into the same thing as any other industry, if there was a chance for a industry that was purely customer and product driven. It would of been this one.
Defeating evil with a thing called love
RonZen

Post by RonZen »

Again, agreed!

Must say, last trip was only my 2nd -- and only visted fewer than 1 dozen shops -- but "is it cool to smoke my own here" was just about the first thing out of my mouth at each shop we went into (except when I was certain, as at Yo-yo for the outdoor 'lightweights' weed and Stix for its Nepal Temple, that I was going to buy). And I never got any other response than, "yeah sure no problem."

That's a policy I intend to continue, as it costs me nothing to ask.