PS4 or Xbox One

Things to play.

Moderator: Balou

Taylor

PS4 or Xbox One

Post by Taylor »

I've always been a Xbox guy. But Microsoft are making this Xbox One as sort of a home cinema/game/pc system which looks ridiculous to me. You'll have to pay your tv bill and then your gold membership in order to watch your tv through your xbox.

Sony's PS4 is looking better and better. I had a PS3 and I loved some of the exclusives. Uncharted, Heavy Rain, Ratchet and Clank, Motorstorm...

I'd be willing to miss out on the few Xbox exclusives for the PS4. So far that is what I'm looking to get.

What are your guys thoughts?

Balou

Re: PS4 or Xbox One

Post by Balou »

Too early to call it, wait until after E3 before making a decision.
Are you stoned? Like a gravel road bitch, like a gravel road!
gixxer

Post by gixxer »

ill go with the ps4, never had any probs with the ps1, 2 or 3, unlike the 2 360s that fucked up on me after a year, gates is just a money grabbing cunt that churns out substandard crap
RIP Lee Rigby

a fallen brother
Rusty Shackleford

Post by Rusty Shackleford »

PS4 for me I reckon, simply because most of my mates are on the PS3 and will end up going in that direction anyway.
KEEP ER LIT
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

ready 4 an xbox one i am
rockin into the night
redeyezman

Post by redeyezman »

gixxer wrote:ill go with the ps4, never had any probs with the ps1, 2 or 3, unlike the 2 360s that fucked up on me after a year, gates is just a money grabbing cunt that churns out substandard crap
Sony is just as bad! They took away Linux install on PS3, didn't lock down all that CC info of customers, and the final broken promise of free servers to play on turned out to be shit when they started charging for online codes so used games could keep paying off.... Not to mention most of the time the game specific servers blow. This round console wars are over, and Xbox (live) is the clear winner.

I heard something like currently there are 500 servers for Xbox live and when they complete the new system it will be like 3,000?! I might have those numbers off tho. I know they want cloud based games now. Hopefully an Xbox live subscription could include access to X number of games playable depending on you pay rate. Kinda like Netflix lets u have any two discs at a time. Maybe it will just let you buy/store online tho... Like Steam. I dunno. Ill probably stick to PC games.
Shells sink. Dreams float.
Felty

Post by Felty »

The Xbox one rewards points if the camera sees you've sat and watched the adverts on tv.

That's enough to put me off... And the price... Rather another trip to the dam instead
Stay High
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

OK.

Microsoft just went and shot themselves in the foot? I mean literally WTF?

The XboxOne (ridiculous name) has to always be online and it verifies this once a day.

Also, theres no loaning your games to friends now, nope. You gotta pay money for that.

The Kinect camera and microphone can not be turned off. (they're always listening :P)

Messageboards everywhere are a flood with people saying PS4 is where it's at now.
Felty

Post by Felty »

No discs any more either which will in turn destroy shops like Game and HMV.

Microsoft are like, hey why should another business be doing well off our product. Lets kill the middleman and go digital
Stay High
Grunt

Post by Grunt »

Sony wins at the end of the day with every Xbox One comes a pay cheque due to the Blu Ray drive

GT6 is my reason for going PS4, that along with 4 RROD 360's versus the original launch day 60gb phat PS3 that still goes strong till this day.
Happy Happy........ Joy Joy
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Grunt wrote:Sony wins at the end of the day with every Xbox One comes a pay cheque due to the Blu Ray drive

GT6 is my reason for going PS4, that along with 4 RROD 360's versus the original launch day 60gb phat PS3 that still goes strong till this day.
See I've had both, 360 and PS3. I've always been a Xbox man. I love my PS3 but the Xbox always topped it for me. Now it's the other way around. Sony is getting my hard earned shekels!
Adamster

Post by Adamster »

WII U :mrgreen:
Grunt

Post by Grunt »

After the announcement today from E3, it looks like game over for Xbox One before it has even started.

PS4 will be £/$/E100 cheaper than the One, have no DRM issues with used games and does need to talk to the net once a day just to be able to play games. All this as well as being more powerful/faster, it really does look like Microshit has shot itself not in the foot but in the head.

Unless someone at Microshaft looks at the system again it is going to start smelling like SEGA all over again. Who was the one that killed the once mighty and wonderful SEGA, those wonderful people at Sony

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Happy Happy........ Joy Joy
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

world of tanks
rockin into the night
dpgsoulja89

Post by dpgsoulja89 »

super nintendo or sega genesis ?
next trip...1st December!