Scottish Independence Referendum 18/09/14

Moderators: Balou, Twichaldinho

Kermit

Re: Scottish Independence Referendum 18/09/14

Post by Kermit »

se7enty2wo wrote:Absolutely sickened by the scenes in Glasgow last night. Fat mouth-breathing huns burning Saltires and attacking women for having the audacity to carry a flag.

I can't fucking wait for Rangers to die again.
Standard then

andyc

Post by andyc »

sickening scenes. george square had a great party atmosphere for the last few weeks too.
these muppets really are scotland's shame
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

And that was a No vote !!!!!!!!! Tools
-
Pierre von Mondragon

Post by Pierre von Mondragon »

It's a total nightmare, but 45% is a respectable figure, and when, not if, they break the vows they were forced into,and/or we are dragged out of the EU by lunatics, we are well in.
se7enty2wo

Post by se7enty2wo »

Pierre von Mondragon wrote:It's a total nightmare, but 45% is a respectable figure, and when, not if, they break the vows they were forced into,and/or we are dragged out of the EU by lunatics, we are well in.
I'm not sure we'll get another chance within the next 15-20 years. Our best bet is that the UKIP screwballs hold some kind of sway after the next general election and decide that there should be an English referendum on leaving the union :D

Pissing it up the wall, it's the Scottish way.
Uh, I'm just gonna go find a cash machine....
treetop

Post by treetop »

It was win/win for the DC gang. They were playing with house money.
How much did you produce?
gronin

Post by gronin »

andyc wrote:disappointed, it will be interesting to see if westminster lives up to it's promises.
more devolved power needed for rest of UK, including england.

My suspicions are that Scotland will be disappointed as Cameron puts Tory efforts into next years General Election. As the Scots will make no difference to a Tory majority, they'll not need any buttering up. (Scots seem rightly proud they have only 1 Tory MP - so why the 15 Tory MSPs.)

As any devolution of MPs would skew Westminster to a near-perpetual Tory govt., I can't see it ever getting through the first reading in either house. It's too similar to some corrupt 'El Presidente' changing the law to allow themselves eternal power (until the coup, at least).
gronin

Post by gronin »

treetop wrote:It was win/win for the DC gang. They were playing with house money.
Not entirely, an independent Scotland would have removed 58 non-Tory MPs from Westminster.

For comparison, the LibDem coalition gave Dave an additional 57 MPs. The Tories will need to gain 15 seats for a majority in 2015 or UKIP will need to win 15 (from their current zero) to have any bargaining power - both seem a bit of a stretch.

The result in Scotland this year will have a huge impact on the Gen. Election in 2020 (or sooner given the likelihood of a hung parliament next year...).

That said, the turn out was so high and the result so close - independence will continue to be an issue.
Ganjaman70

Post by Ganjaman70 »

se7enty2wo wrote:Fat mouth-breathing huns burning Saltires and attacking women for having the audacity to carry a flag.

I can't fucking wait for Rangers to die again.
What do you expect from a bunch of inbred moronic blue nose bastards! I can't wait for them to die again either, them and those rotten jam tarts of Edinburgh! Keep the shite together and mon the Hibees :lol:
It WAS a birthday trip to remember.. 25/7-31/7