Scottish Independence Referendum 18/09/14

Moderators: Balou, Twichaldinho

Pierre von Mondragon

Re: Scottish Independence Referendum 18/09/14

Post by Pierre von Mondragon »

It's all kicking off now since the first poll to show a YES lead, albeit by a point, it feels to me very much that it will be a YES vote on the street, but that may be observational bias on my part, and more indicative of my peer group perhaps.

Adamster

Post by Adamster »

Bunch of separatist :x
You make me sick !
51%/49% reminds me of the 1995 referendum :|
Can Irish and Brits go vote ? So they can fuck with the election ??? :twisted:
Like my country did :twisted:
Pierre von Mondragon

You try living in the most ineptly governed Northern European country and see how you like it, and as we were a nation when Charlemagne's kids were still squabbling over their inheritance, I'll not hear any 'separatist', quite frankly, pish. We were never conquered, we were sold into a deal by our aristos, and 307 years isn't much in the scheme of things, there is nothing natural or inevitable about the UK as a nation state.

There, you see, they are called sentences, try using them to aid comprehension in others.
Slip & Sal

Post by Slip & Sal »

Not sure why you would bother, becoming independent. We all know your Scottish. :mrgreen:

Australia is still in the commonwealth. We voted to stay, as we know with the Queeny there, we never have a problem if we want to get rid of a prime minister if he is pissing us off. If she wasn't there you could get a Bush type wanka calling a dictatorship and then no one to get rid of him if he is the boss.

Plus we won't be cousins or commonwealth brothers anymore?

Don't you fucking like Aussies? :lol:
I don't take drugs, I am Drugs.
treetop

Post by treetop »

would it mean Scotland leaving the commonwealth as well? I just thought it meant that Scotland gets to elect and be governed by their own people as opposed to people who have rarely if ever been there in their lives.
How much did you produce?
Pierre von Mondragon

Slip & Sal wrote:Not sure why you would bother, becoming independent. We all know your Scottish. :mrgreen:

Australia is still in the commonwealth. We voted to stay, as we know with the Queeny there, we never have a problem if we want to get rid of a prime minister if he is pissing us off. If she wasn't there you could get a Bush type wanka calling a dictatorship and then no one to get rid of him if he is the boss.

Plus we won't be cousins or commonwealth brothers anymore?

Don't you fucking like Aussies? :lol:
Nah, we are voting to get the same deal you have, sovereignty, with a strictly ceremonial head of state, who we may remove at some point (Charles III perhaps), or then again, not, like yourselves. We will have to write a constitution first, and there will be fail-safes against tyranny, like all democratic nations have, except the UK where we have snoozy bishops and shit in the Lords!

Given some of the stories in our media just now, i half expect to read that Scotia will be expelled from the Brotherhood Of Man next (save all your votes for me...), but I expect us to retain membership of every institution we are still a member of, even if it takes a fudge along the lines of retaining EU citizenship for the time we may be outside, after all, there is not a mechanism for expelling current EU citizens.

Aussies are alright, if a bit like less funloving versions of Kiwis... ahem!
redeyezman

Post by redeyezman »

I'd rather have no state, than no voice. :idea: :mrgreen:
Shells sink. Dreams float.
Slip & Sal

Post by Slip & Sal »

Pierre von Mondragon wrote:
Aussies are alright, if a bit like less funloving versions of Kiwis... ahem!

Just cause Kiwis call rooting sheep "fun" and we don't do that? :mrgreen: :lol: :wink:
Slip & Sal

Post by Slip & Sal »

Do you already have a Scottish Parliament that makes Scotlands own rules, that aren't the same as England?
Ganjaman70

Post by Ganjaman70 »

Enough said

It WAS a birthday trip to remember.. 25/7-31/7
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Shame us English can't vote, I would vote yes :mrgreen: good luck to you all :D , now we just need to shake Wales and that bit of Ireland off, but Spain, Argentina and France can get fucked :wink: :lol:
winnie

Post by winnie »

:lol:

Ganjaman70 wrote:Enough said

spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

Ganjaman70 wrote:Enough said

You've got a point mate. Quite a few really. :shock: :wink:

I notice folks up in Scotland are starting to resurrect the ancient tongues. Will we start to get dual road signs like in Wales, and cities renamed.
I wish you good luck (I'm sure it'll be a yes) and I hope civilised heads prevail in the scramble to be "Scottish". 8)
What a long strange trip it is.
treetop

Post by treetop »

Hope you vote yes then don't let a similar set of pricks with Scottish accents end up ruling you instead.
How much did you produce?
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

treetop wrote:Hope you vote yes then don't let a similar set of pricks with Scottish accents end up ruling you instead.
It will be a posh cunt educated at (drum roll) eaton :lol:

To think it would be anything else would be crazy, fuck we let that union rep Brown have a go and he fucked 4 countries up in less than 6 months. :lol: for our American readers Gordon Brown was probably our worst p.m ever! And yes we'll scottish :lol:

See RBS know where thier home is :lol: for our American readers RBS is Royal bank of Scotland :wink:

:mrgreen: