Scottish Independence Referendum 18/09/14

Moderators: Balou, Twichaldinho

jim n soj

Re: Scottish Independence Referendum 18/09/14

Post by jim n soj »

I hope Scotland vote's no, not to keep them as part of our Union, I just don't think that Mr Salmon is the man to take Scotland forward.If anyone else was leader of the SNP, I would want you to vote yes.

Pierre von Mondragon

Post by Pierre von Mondragon »

Slip & Sal wrote:
Pierre von Mondragon wrote:
Aussies are alright, if a bit like less funloving versions of Kiwis... ahem!

Just cause Kiwis call rooting sheep "fun" and we don't do that? :mrgreen: :lol: :wink:
You've been to glorious Aberdeenshire then? :wink:
Pierre von Mondragon

Post by Pierre von Mondragon »

jim n soj wrote:I hope Scotland vote's no, not to keep them as part of our Union, I just don't think that Mr Salmon is the man to take Scotland forward.If anyone else was leader of the SNP, I would want you to vote yes.
Eck is getting on a bit though, he'll not be around that long, he might not even win a post-YES election, not like he would romp a post-naw one, and the whole issue is far greater than any one individual. If we go, hopefully it will give impetus to England reforming it's political affairs against the wishes of it's ruling class, win/win! some folk might take the huff for a while, but we are natural allies in this day and age, and will eventually collaborate on loads of things, but only those we decide to, rather than are told to.
jim n soj

Post by jim n soj »

Thanks for the reply Pierre, I really do hope you get your yes vote, my dad was from Glasgow and I dearly wish he was still alive to even see the chance for Scottish independence he would of loved it, as for making our government buck their idea's up, I just can't see it, good luck on the vote my friend. :D
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

Pierre von Mondragon wrote:
jim n soj wrote:I hope Scotland vote's no, not to keep them as part of our Union, I just don't think that Mr Salmon is the man to take Scotland forward.If anyone else was leader of the SNP, I would want you to vote yes.
Eck is getting on a bit though, he'll not be around that long, he might not even win a post-YES election, not like he would romp a post-naw one, and the whole issue is far greater than any one individual. If we go, hopefully it will give impetus to England reforming it's political affairs against the wishes of it's ruling class, win/win! some folk might take the huff for a while, but we are natural allies in this day and age, and will eventually collaborate on loads of things, but only those we decide to, rather than are told to.

It's not a vote for Salmond , it's a vote for Scotland (Independence) !!!!
-
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

"Salmond really thinks he can be the father of his nation, some kind of Ataturk of "

Bit like putin :lol:

"As I observed last week, he has also been ruthless, in a way that echoes the rhetoric and tactics of Nigel Farage in England, at feeding on contemporary discontents and laying them all at the door of everyone's favourite villain, "the Westminster elite"."

:lol:

I am still for the yes vote, I just think the whole thing is a joke tbh, and wtf are our party leaders doing wasting our cash having a fucking holiday in another country! For 1% of oil revenue? Get the fuck home and keep yer noses out, we ain't got a vote so why they there?

Fucking hate politicians

If you change to euro I will be moving north of the border for certain!
eightball

Post by eightball »

get money on the yes vote currently 4/1 iv had 3k on yes at 5.5/1 for 3 months all the polls have it neck and neck so could go either way, ill still be voting no though.
Roccy Tittzenbeer

Post by Roccy Tittzenbeer »

Good luck with the Yes vote, if successful it will give Scotland opportunity for change and self control.
I loathe the majority of our Westminster politicians and would be more than happy to cut adrift from them too.
A Yes win gives new hope.
Don't like Salmond at all but he wont be around for ever and at least we can openly see what he is like - some of the UK lot both past and present were 'devious sneaks' whose 'butter wouldn't melt' charm caught a lot of people unaware.
You got a vote - use it wisely.
Cheers
RTnB
First visit October 1976 last visit still to come ....
CloudMaster

Post by CloudMaster »

97% of Scots are registered to vote, 4,285,323 people, 5,579 polling stations, that in itself says a lot about the right to vote whatever the choice :shock:
andyc

Post by andyc »

just settling in front of the tv for a long night as the results start coming in.
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Well well 55% on the no vote :shock: :lol: , unlucky peeps but you still wrenched some powers from westminster 8)
Quazer

Post by Quazer »

Not really watertight evidence imo, but pretty interesting to see anyways:

andyc

Post by andyc »

disappointed, it will be interesting to see if westminster lives up to it's promises.
more devolved power needed for rest of UK, including england.
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

It's a shame it wasn't a bigger margin one way or the other but thats how grown ups deal with the big ones. You dont have to get up in the hills with yer M16's or yer kalashniks and shoot down airliners or fight off the Feds. :D

Quazer I'll wait to hear from the mainstream before I comment on the vid. I mean you could mock that up in 10 minutes.
What a long strange trip it is.
se7enty2wo

Post by se7enty2wo »

Absolutely sickened by the scenes in Glasgow last night. Fat mouth-breathing huns burning Saltires and attacking women for having the audacity to carry a flag.

I can't fucking wait for Rangers to die again.
Uh, I'm just gonna go find a cash machine....