UK Leaves EU

Moderators: Balou, Twichaldinho

User avatar
redeyezman
Posts: 1352
Joined: Fri 25th Feb 2011 01:59 am

Re: UK Leaves EU

Post by redeyezman » Tue 19th Jun 2018 11:54 pm

macky wrote:
Tue 19th Jun 2018 11:18 am
Ya I voted Liberal and all it,s going to get me is legal weed later this week here in Canada :lol:
They take your rights from you, then sell them back to you. Big win...

Haven't been following it. Will personal grows be allowed, or you gotta buy from their buddies so they get tax cut?


Shells sink. Dreams float.

User avatar
redeyezman
Posts: 1352
Joined: Fri 25th Feb 2011 01:59 am

Re: UK Leaves EU

Post by redeyezman » Tue 19th Jun 2018 11:56 pm

Fat_old_dwarf wrote:
Tue 19th Jun 2018 04:22 am
redeyezman wrote:
Tue 19th Jun 2018 03:57 am
Ah, I had wondered recently how I made an enemy out of macky. Didn't recall interacting with you much fellow.
So you spent valuable stoner time on going through Macky's posts, until you unearthed this from a couple of years ago.

I'll just leave that there, because any comment would ruin it.
You're assumption ruined it. I didn't go through his post, just this post, as BREXIT is interesting topic to me. So the only time that was wasted was by you toiling to hurl insults the stem from your interlerant personality.
Shells sink. Dreams float.

User avatar
redeyezman
Posts: 1352
Joined: Fri 25th Feb 2011 01:59 am

Re: UK Leaves EU

Post by redeyezman » Wed 20th Jun 2018 12:09 am

Fat_old_dwarf wrote:
Tue 19th Jun 2018 02:31 pm
As for the political spectrum, this is interesting if you want to see where you are: https://www.politicalcompass.org/test
Economic Left/Right: 2.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.31

I'm about 8 blocks right of Ghandi.
Shells sink. Dreams float.

worldcitizen1723
Posts: 1142
Joined: Mon 1st Mar 2010 12:10 am

Re: UK Leaves EU

Post by worldcitizen1723 » Wed 20th Jun 2018 02:07 am

redeyezman wrote:
Wed 20th Jun 2018 12:09 am
Fat_old_dwarf wrote:
Tue 19th Jun 2018 02:31 pm
As for the political spectrum, this is interesting if you want to see where you are: https://www.politicalcompass.org/test
Economic Left/Right: 2.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.31

I'm about 8 blocks right of Ghandi.
well - i am a couple blocks to the left of Ghandi and a bit more liberal too
Economic Left/Right: -8.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.87

no wonder we disagree
thanks for posting the compass. Did it a couple years ago, pretty much with the same results.

macky
Posts: 1767
Joined: Fri 14th Mar 2014 12:13 pm
Location: great white north

Re: UK Leaves EU

Post by macky » Wed 20th Jun 2018 02:30 am

redeyezman wrote:
Tue 19th Jun 2018 11:54 pm
macky wrote:
Tue 19th Jun 2018 11:18 am
Ya I voted Liberal and all it,s going to get me is legal weed later this week here in Canada :lol:
They take your rights from you, then sell them back to you. Big win...

Haven't been following it. Will personal grows be allowed, or you gotta buy from their buddies so they get tax cut?
Yes you may grow 4 plants indoor or outdoor :)

User avatar
DeLekkersteNUGS16
Posts: 1274
Joined: Tue 2nd Jun 2015 08:49 pm

Re: UK Leaves EU

Post by DeLekkersteNUGS16 » Wed 20th Jun 2018 10:20 am

macky wrote:
Wed 20th Jun 2018 02:30 am
redeyezman wrote:
Tue 19th Jun 2018 11:54 pm
macky wrote:
Tue 19th Jun 2018 11:18 am
Ya I voted Liberal and all it,s going to get me is legal weed later this week here in Canada :lol:
They take your rights from you, then sell them back to you. Big win...

Haven't been following it. Will personal grows be allowed, or you gotta buy from their buddies so they get tax cut?
Yes you may grow 4 plants indoor or outdoor :)
BOOM! But shhh 🤫 now he'll have to flipflop his angle and find a new (oh-so-shaky) leg to stand on with his rubber-rigid arguments.😂😂😂

He's such a shit troll he thinks his pseudo-rational/collected approach and "look-at-me-I've-got-a-thesaurus" vocabulary make him so intellectually superior to us, in reality he's just an asshat - nothing more, and nothing less.

User avatar
KeyMonCha
Posts: 1004
Joined: Tue 17th May 2011 09:44 pm
Location: Pangaea V1.3
Contact:

Re: UK Leaves EU

Post by KeyMonCha » Wed 20th Jun 2018 01:27 pm

OneHighMofo wrote:
Tue 19th Jun 2018 03:32 pm
Ideologues bore me endlessly.There's nothing more difficult to take seriously than an individual simply repeating someone else's views. To me listening to these people often feels a bit like asking someone how they enjoyed Moby Dick then listening to them lie about the fact they've read it. It's disconcerting knowing that a person is willing to feel strongly about something they A) don't fully understand and b) are willfully ignorant in understanding further by simply repeating verbatim something they read/heard somewhere else rather than forming an objective viewpoint that rises from the echo-chamber by holding their opponents viewpoint with respect rather than derision.
Unfortunately, there seems to be a new religion, and it's growing fast... All information is suspect, and all those with "apparent" specialist knowledge are bought and payed for by the establishment...

...I have a friend who went down this particular "rabbit hole"...

...They only believe those in their group, and those groups are intent on misinformation and breed on ignorance and mistrust.

One of the main problems, imho, is that there are now huge sections of the internet that thrive on this, and since the US election, these sites have steadily made money and gained hits, and now, since this has turned out so profitable, the NEED to keep perpetuating this "alt-facts" movement... There will be no end until facts can be checked independently, but unfortunately, their whole game, like religion, is based on unsubstantiated bullshit, whilst declaring any real evidence as a conspiracy.

...Xenu will judge these people very harshly.

User avatar
Pierre von Mondragon
Posts: 328
Joined: Mon 24th Jan 2011 01:31 pm

Re: UK Leaves EU

Post by Pierre von Mondragon » Wed 20th Jun 2018 01:54 pm

Pretty much all of the most successful conspiracies already operate in the open anyway; Davos, WTO, OPEC, almost all Parliaments...

... I mean is the current world 'order' a conspiracy, or is it just that billionaire sociopaths have remarkably convergent goals?


Fuck knows, probably a bit of everything, like everything, bit of planning, bit of lack of planning, bit of chaos, bit of cuntery, bit of this, bit of that, the only thing I know for sure is that more power equals more responsibility.

User avatar
KeyMonCha
Posts: 1004
Joined: Tue 17th May 2011 09:44 pm
Location: Pangaea V1.3
Contact:

Re: UK Leaves EU

Post by KeyMonCha » Wed 20th Jun 2018 02:14 pm

Pierre von Mondragon wrote:
Wed 20th Jun 2018 01:54 pm
...or is it just that billionaire sociopaths have remarkably convergent goals?
Of course they do..... Retain, Retain, Retain!!!

User avatar
redeyezman
Posts: 1352
Joined: Fri 25th Feb 2011 01:59 am

Re: UK Leaves EU

Post by redeyezman » Thu 21st Jun 2018 12:05 am

worldcitizen1723 wrote:
Wed 20th Jun 2018 02:07 am
redeyezman wrote:
Wed 20th Jun 2018 12:09 am
Fat_old_dwarf wrote:
Tue 19th Jun 2018 02:31 pm
As for the political spectrum, this is interesting if you want to see where you are: https://www.politicalcompass.org/test
Economic Left/Right: 2.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.31

I'm about 8 blocks right of Ghandi.
well - i am a couple blocks to the left of Ghandi and a bit more liberal too
Economic Left/Right: -8.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.87

no wonder we disagree
thanks for posting the compass. Did it a couple years ago, pretty much with the same results.
All political issues fall into these two realms of economic or social. Were similar enough with the social I believe we must agree on what's right/wrong, but the economic path on how to achieve said social solutions are clearly different through the ecomics part. I've spent many, many years and hours looking at the differences between keynsian school of thought and Austrian school of thought. This is where the difference comes from I believe.

I am willing to expose this very complex system that literally requires a poor/low class by its nature. The organised religions are not willing to because their whole schtick is "relieveing the poor" so exposing the system isn't something they're willing to do. But I am. If that leaves me standing alone until the day I die, then so be it. Its very difficult to explain, as it is to understand the intricacies, so it makes their divide and conquer tactics very efficient. Hence, the willingness to be long winded in insistence that I'm off the reservation.
Shells sink. Dreams float.

User avatar
redeyezman
Posts: 1352
Joined: Fri 25th Feb 2011 01:59 am

Re: UK Leaves EU

Post by redeyezman » Thu 21st Jun 2018 12:10 am

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote:
Wed 20th Jun 2018 10:20 am
macky wrote:
Wed 20th Jun 2018 02:30 am
redeyezman wrote:
Tue 19th Jun 2018 11:54 pm


They take your rights from you, then sell them back to you. Big win...

Haven't been following it. Will personal grows be allowed, or you gotta buy from their buddies so they get tax cut?
Yes you may grow 4 plants indoor or outdoor :)
BOOM! But shhh 🤫 now he'll have to flipflop his angle and find a new (oh-so-shaky) leg to stand on with his rubber-rigid arguments.😂😂😂

He's such a shit troll he thinks his pseudo-rational/collected approach and "look-at-me-I've-got-a-thesaurus" vocabulary make him so intellectually superior to us, in reality he's just an asshat - nothing more, and nothing less.
One issue voters are willing to sell out many other issues/policies in order to get their way. Very old/common tactic. Just because legalisation was passed doesn't mean every other thing the liberal party will do/pass is good for the common man.

But enjoy your grows.... Curious though Macky... Have you been fined, or locked up for cannabis before this?
Shells sink. Dreams float.

User avatar
Fat_old_dwarf
Posts: 715
Joined: Tue 24th Nov 2015 05:07 pm

Re: UK Leaves EU

Post by Fat_old_dwarf » Sat 23rd Jun 2018 12:48 am

So it's been two years now, and nobody seems to have much faith in Brexit apart from the hardcore gammon, still waiting for the troop of unicorns to arrive.

Just reread the thread. I miss Spidey.

macky
Posts: 1767
Joined: Fri 14th Mar 2014 12:13 pm
Location: great white north

Re: UK Leaves EU

Post by macky » Sat 23rd Jun 2018 01:45 am

Fat_old_dwarf wrote:
Sat 23rd Jun 2018 12:48 am
So it's been two years now, and nobody seems to have much faith in Brexit apart from the hardcore gammon, still waiting for the troop of unicorns to arrive.

Just reread the thread. I miss Spidey.
+1

User avatar
Kermit
Posts: 6490
Joined: Wed 16th Apr 2008 06:55 pm
Location: England

Re: UK Leaves EU

Post by Kermit » Mon 25th Jun 2018 12:35 pm

Politicians take time and the Government no matter what party is in power are Crap. Well they ain't got anything right in my lifetime so far imo. Guess we will see within the year. :lol: , hopefully fit 2 more trips in before we are exiled and need unobtainable Visas. :wink:

Now the price of Bacon has gone up 10p :shock:

User avatar
honeybadger
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue 9th Oct 2018 10:24 pm

Re: UK Leaves EU

Post by honeybadger » Thu 11th Oct 2018 01:26 am

I am not sure if the brexit is really a good thing. Of course the EU burocracy is bad at all and is robbin the nations souveranity. But for economic reasons it could be far bad. Difficult!

Post Reply

Return to “Politricks”