UK Leaves EU

Moderators: Balou, Twichaldinho

free_phil_spector

Re: UK Leaves EU

Post by free_phil_spector »

It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate - it takes guts to be gentle and kind...
winnie

Post by winnie »

free_phil_spector wrote:Mind you, at least we've got our borders back. We'll be much more secure not having to rely on France to do it for us...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... rance.html

No more problems in Calais anyway
gromit

Post by gromit »

its about time the brits woke up!!! :P :clap: :wink:
Pierre von Mondragon

Post by Pierre von Mondragon »

There are rumblings that Scotland might have a veto, if we do, we should use to refuse a triggering of article 50, and see what the forces of darkness are going to do about it. We'll be in accordance with our democratic vote, and the rest, *shrugs*...
Old Timer

Post by Old Timer »

IMO, there is still a good chance that the UK will end up staying in.
The UK might end up getting some policy changes that they're after in exchange for staying in.
Greece had a referendum, decided to leave and then changed the decision based on policy changes (monetary mainly). All of that led by the same Prime Minister.
I have the feeling that something similar will happen with the UK, the difference will be policy change as opposed to money.
Scotland are sure to vote for independence, probably Ireland too, this will weaken England a lot and may well be one of the major reasons they decide to stay in.
It ain't over yet!
free_phil_spector

I'm not sure the EU would be willing to make concessions. They're taking a fairly hard line at the moment. Understandable really, seeing as everyone knows you dont give in to blackmail - which is essentially what it is. If they give us concessions to keep us in, it merely encourages other countries to threaten to leave too. Plus I'm not even sure they're that bothered about us staying - that's just another little piece of fantasy Farage et al spun, the idea that the EU needs us more than we need them.
It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate - it takes guts to be gentle and kind...
redeyezman

Post by redeyezman »

2 questions:

1. who/what decides when more pounds are printed?
2. who/what decides when more euros are printed?

e2a... all governments help governments expand. if EU wont help UK, USA will.
Shells sink. Dreams float.
free_phil_spector

Fuckinell Boris is winding his neck in already. He's described the winning margin as "not overwhelming". It's surely the first step in a brexit pullback.

The guy's terrified of the monster he's unleashed. What a fuckin plum :evil:

edit - a link to the article, his first real statement since the result. Sounds like a lot of wishful thinking to me - he seems certain Europe will now want to trade with us on our own terms :lol:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06 ... --and-alw/
milehigh

Post by milehigh »

Shocked and dismayed. Sorry for you Brits. Amazing how ignorance and xenophobia can rule the day. Clearly the out voters did not think this through and protest voted to make a point. Boy did that backfire. So now the old have set the future for the young. I hope Scotland figures out a way to block this travesty. The rest of the UK will thank them in time.

btw, you don't have to live somewhere to understand it's politics and have an opinion. By reading the comments above it really becomes clear what happened.
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Anyone lost there jobs yet?, anyone know any places shutting down? Has Britain stopped? Has it hell, too many people watching the news and reading papers they spend all year slagging off coz the spiel they print or preach only to link the shit,seriously. Fuck I can still get a better euro rate than last year or come to think of it last 3 years, strange that :? We should have joined the Euro like all them politicians said before, if we don't we will be fucked, 16 years on and still here, it's All political bullshit.

You can play the Race card, the old farts card fuck the whole deck if you want, makes no difference, you can fantasise about a re referendum that won't happen, Scotland get in the EU roflmao now that's deffo not happening and Northern Ireland even less chance unless they rejoin Ireland, it's all newspapers fantasy.

Imagine the uprising if the people don't get what the MAJORITY voted for, lmao, your all living in dream land.

And you can read about the politics from as far as you like but unless your here feeling it's implications then you really know the truth.
free_phil_spector

Kermit wrote:Fuck I can still get a better euro rate than last year or come to think of it last 3 years, strange that :?
Erm, you wont. The markets opened about an hour ago and the pound is crashing - its predicted to have parity with the euro within days if not hours.
Old Timer

Post by Old Timer »

All of us are of course are just speculating, none of us know what will happen.
My bet is that there will be another referendum, way more people will vote next time, and the result will be staying in.
As for the EU not caring if the UK leave, that's rubbish, they care a lot and just because they say they won't make concessions, doesn't mean it's true.
They did it for Greece, so they'll definitely do it for the UK.
Anyway, some interesting times to come.
winnie

Post by winnie »

Kermit wrote:Anyone lost there jobs yet?, anyone know any places shutting down? Has Britain stopped? Has it hell, too many people watching the news and reading papers they spend all year slagging off coz the spiel they print or preach only to link the shit,seriously. Fuck I can still get a better euro rate than last year or come to think of it last 3 years, strange that :? We should have joined the Euro like all them politicians said before, if we don't we will be fucked, 16 years on and still here, it's All political bullshit.

You can play the Race card, the old farts card fuck the whole deck if you want, makes no difference, you can fantasise about a re referendum that won't happen, Scotland get in the EU roflmao now that's deffo not happening and Northern Ireland even less chance unless they rejoin Ireland, it's all newspapers fantasy.

Imagine the uprising if the people don't get what the MAJORITY voted for, lmao, your all living in dream land.

And you can read about the politics from as far as you like but unless your here feeling it's implications then you really know the truth.
This is what happened
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

free_phil_spector wrote:
Kermit wrote:Fuck I can still get a better euro rate than last year or come to think of it last 3 years, strange that :?
Erm, you wont. The markets opened about an hour ago and the pound is crashing - its predicted to have parity with the euro within days if not hours.
What markets you watching at that time? Asian markets yeah? well there you are, ours opened a 8am this morning, fuck all happening go check. You should apply for P.M.

See George osbourne came out of hiding this morning, that's right the man has been missing since the vote came in, prob scared his lies and propaganda are showing themselves for what they are, no worries for him and no emergency budget as he threatened. :lol: :lol:

Post office are giving me 1.1741 for me £1 which is still better than any exchange rate for my trips in the last 3 years, strange them Asian markets how they have fuck all effect. :lol:
free_phil_spector

Kermit wrote:Post office are giving me 1.1741 for me £1 which is still better than any exchange rate for my trips in the last 3 years
Against the euro? If so, what on earth are you talking about? It's been hovering around 1.4 for about a year. It's now down to 1.2 and still falling.

Your short termism is mind boggling. Of course people arent feeling the effects on jobs or their own personal finances yet - we're still in the EU. But in the coming months and years it will trickle down and maybe then you'll realise the damage this is doing. The first indicator of this is the market turmoil over the mere suggestion we might be leaving. This should be enough to make any 'out' voter with half a brain to start reassessing their decision already. Anyone who isn't now getting a bit concerned about what they've done is frankly so blinded by their irrational hatred of Europe that they cant see reality.