US 2020 Election Prediction

Moderators: Balou, Twichaldinho

ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Re: US 2020 Election Prediction

Post by ed the head »

While I see Phil's point I am not sure I 100% agree.

I sure hope team Biden has no illusions of winning over any Trump supporters, this is about motivating their opposing base to come out to vote. Very similar to the Pence selection in 2016.

I don't see the parallel to the 2016 ticket mistake. In that instance, I don't think it was the candidates gender that made the difference. The Democrats simply underestimated just how untrustworthy the Clinton's, particularly Hillary are among the masses.

This may well be another mistake but it's a brand new one :mrgreen: yay, go Democrats!

He who tries to shine dims his own light
macky

Post by macky »

OneHighMofo wrote: Thu 13th Aug 2020 11:09 am Yeah. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he picked her because of her skin colour unfortunately it would be a typically leftist woke move totally devoid of self awareness and chock full of well meaning yet ignorant and condescending prejudice. Fingers crossed that’s not the case.

Either way he’s playing right into Trumps hands. Who’s on record saying how happy he is about the appointment and I can see why. What little I know of her isn’t great. She’s a hypocrite at best.

Dear me. When they’re outplayed by a man so terminally stupid there’s just no way I could support them at the polls and I imagine a large part of the centre ground will think the same way and end up voting Trump. It’s the same situation here. Get woke go broke.
Think you should read up on Harris ..not sure what right wing propaganda your reading ......voting Tory is really helping you guys ...tens years no growth ,just bring in rich peoples money to the country ....why worry about little guys getting jobs .
Worst quarter in English history ...fucked up virus responses in both country,s do to right wing media and the sheep who vote for them lol
macky

Post by macky »

PS not personally calling you a Sheep Mic :D The people thinks masks and the virus is fake news .
When you look at Harris past in California politics ...the states been run by Republicans (Reagan,Swarsniggezr) people Hear California...liberals AH! No . Obama was against gay marriage ..then changed Mind ,hypocrite or in lightened :D (Harris over seen first gay marriage in California as attorney general .Where Pence As governor made women who wished for abortion had to have rectal probe X-ray before ...just because giving up your fetus is not hard enough and the way he handled guns ,aids ......the reading on that fuck Truth stranger then fiction
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

macky wrote: Thu 13th Aug 2020 03:06 pm PS not personally calling you a Sheep Mic :D The people thinks masks and the virus is fake news .
When you look at Harris past in California politics ...the states been run by Republicans (Reagan,Swarsniggezr) people Hear California...liberals AH! No . Obama was against gay marriage ..then changed Mind ,hypocrite or in lightened :D (Harris over seen first gay marriage in California as attorney general .Where Pence As governor made women who wished for abortion had to have rectal probe X-ray before ...just because giving up your fetus is not hard enough and the way he handled guns ,aids ......the reading on that fuck Truth stranger then fiction
I pride myself on reading press from both sides of the political spectrum. Precisely so I don’t end up forming opinions around other peoples political agendas.

I’ve read Harris’s biography on Wikipedia, and done a bit of reading about her from both sides of the media coin. There are a lot of things she’s done that I agree with and a lot of what she’s fought for that is difficult to argue with, but I think Biden had far better candidates to chose from.

The one rather relevant story I see about Harris printed in publications on both sides of the political sphere is that as a prosecutor she locked up literally thousands of cannabis users Then laughed about her admittance to smoking it herself. She lost me right there. Like I said she’s a hypocrite.

I would be delighted to read some evidence to the contrary of that story in order that I might change my mind about what otherwise seems like a pretty reasonable woman. I understand that her current public stance on the subject of legalisation is more favourable, but I haven’t seen much in the way of an apology to the people that she incarcerated. so I think I can be forgiven for having some reservations and being sceptical about her motives.

Regards the political situation here, yes the Conservative party has made some terrible decisions during their time in office, but it also made some ‘good’ and a few surprising ones too - for example closing some of the loopholes that limited companies paying themselves in dividends use to dodge tax here in the UK. I know this because I now pay nearly a third more tax (that’s not a complaint by the way just an observation) than I did under the last Labour government who had opened up those loopholes to a level that even the most hardened capitalists were surprised by.
Right before they led us into what most people consider an illegal war in which hundreds of thousands of people died and then de-regulated the banks causing the major financial collapse that allowed the Tories to win an election and are still trying to dig us out of.

So while there may be some truth in your appraisal of the political situation here, as is always the case, the genuine truth always lies somewhere in the middle.
macky

Post by macky »

“As the state attorney general Harris adopted what could be summarized as pretty much standard law enforcements stance on drugs”. Rolling stone magazine.
Obama was in a club in high school that was all about smoking pot ...on the net some where picture of him and his buddy’s cutting up a cake . He was not for legalization when in power now I,m not sure .
Most Americans in power would never touch weed politics it was a third rail ,thing are changing now weed legalization nation wide is closer do to Harris view now on making it legal ....as the world spins
Tax on rich will not help ..structural change is needed and that my friend is why all that money is spent to keep things just they way there are the one % are doing just fine

Attorney generals do not make laws they swear to up hold laws ...regardless of there views . States and federal goverment sets sentencing guide lines ......
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

OneHighMofo wrote: Thu 13th Aug 2020 11:09 am Yeah. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he picked her because of her skin colour unfortunately it would be a typically leftist woke move totally devoid of self awareness and chock full of well meaning yet ignorant and condescending prejudice. Fingers crossed that’s not the case.
Oh it's 💯% the case, be rest assured. Having said that:

I imagine a large part of the centre ground will think the same way and end up voting Trump. It’s the same situation here. Get woke go broke.
I disagree, it's a bit of a toss-up, but most hate Trump enough that they'll pony up and swallow the DNC turd sandwich this go 'round - fool me once, shame on you and all that (yes, I realize the ambiguity and irony of that mantra, here). Otherwise, they'll vote third-party (which granted, plays in Trump's favor), and maybe a fractionary sliver will vote Orangemafia, maybe...
macky

Post by macky »

You guys keep saying Biden’s a fuck Up ? When he came to power the US was loosing 500,000 jobs a month .
Lead recover act which was one the most open and transparent audited role out ever . Pre conditions in health care was biggest move forward in US health care ever :D
Biden kicked ass in Ukraine....that’s why the Russian hate him ..if you believe any republican talking point on this subject ...then next time I see you I,ll bring some tinfoil for your hat
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

macky wrote: Thu 13th Aug 2020 06:16 pm You guys keep saying Biden’s a fuck Up ? When he came to power the US was loosing 500,000 jobs a month .
Lead recover act which was one the most open and transparent audited role out ever . Pre conditions in health care was biggest move forward in US health care ever :D
Biden kicked ass in Ukraine....that’s why the Russian hate him ..if you believe any republican talking point on this subject ...then next time I see you I,ll bring some tinfoil for your hat
I'll be voting for the twat, but make no mistake, his credentials are questionable at best. Candidates like him that the DNC keeps forcing on us, are a huge part of why we're in this pickle to begin with, and if you believe otherwise, I kindly ask you to turn off CNN.
ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Post by ed the head »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Thu 13th Aug 2020 07:25 pm
macky wrote: Thu 13th Aug 2020 06:16 pm You guys keep saying Biden’s a fuck Up ? When he came to power the US was loosing 500,000 jobs a month .
I'll be voting for the twat, but make no mistake, his credentials are questionable at best. Candidates like him that the DNC keeps forcing on us, are a huge part of why we're in this pickle to begin with, and if you believe otherwise, I kindly ask you to turn off CNN.
Coming home? Don't count on the mail Lad.
He who tries to shine dims his own light
macky

Post by macky »

History says the Democrats under Clinton had a balanced budget ...ever republican government has added trillions to your debt .
This will be the thing that kills the little guy ,only way out deflated the dollar . When that happens the standard of living for normal people will drop . Not made up ..economics one O one .I read up to ten papers lead stories a day thanks .
when your food industry causes your people to have 40% pre conditions . Then insurance tells you if leave your job no insurance at your new job....just a way to keep wages and people under the mans thumb. Do you realize how much health care cost in US not much left for potshops :D

To be clear you get insurance at new job ,but no coverage for precondition insulin ,heart pills are now on your dime
If any thing you or kids had worked on reappears your fucked ...most bankruptcy in US is over health bills
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

ed the head wrote: Thu 13th Aug 2020 07:46 pm
DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Thu 13th Aug 2020 07:25 pm
Coming home? Don't count on the mail Lad.
Yeah, sadly I'm more worried about sabotage and tampering from cunt in chief, than the actual (would be legitimate) election results keeping that dickhead in office... 😓
macky

Post by macky »

Must say stuff he said today ...think Ed’s right chance your vote getting there .Thinking votes from Liberal Holland are not going to get express mail with his new postmaster general...he’s a winner
free_phil_spector

Post by free_phil_spector »

OneHighMofo wrote: Thu 13th Aug 2020 11:09 amEither way he’s playing right into Trumps hands.
Precisely.
It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate - it takes guts to be gentle and kind...
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Most people don't seem to grasp that those that will vote for Trump this time are his "ride or die" base, the ones that would vote for him no matter what (I think very few moderates will make that mistake again) I'd say they're probably 25-35% of the actual population and will compromise 30-40% of voter turnout.

The key variables are voter turnout distribution, third-party votes and the biggie and most threatening, outright election sabotage by Trump.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Fri 14th Aug 2020 07:08 am Most people don't seem to grasp that those that will vote for Trump this time are his "ride or die" base, the ones that would vote for him no matter what (I think very few moderates will make that mistake again) I'd say they're probably 25-35% of the actual population and will compromise 30-40% of voter turnout.

The key variables are voter turnout distribution, third-party votes and the biggie and most threatening, outright election sabotage by Trump.
Fingers crossed you’re right on this one. Although fuck knows what will happen once they get a bunch of seemingly unknowingly shoot themselves in the foot racist ‘progressives’ in charge that seem even less capable than the orange one I don’t know.

The mainstream press seem to still be labelling what’s going on in Oregon as ‘mainly peaceful protests’ with seemingly no meaningful backlash from either the leaders of the state chapter of BLM or the Dems while the state is under siege every night.... meanwhile big don wants to send in the national guard. I know where I side on that particular issue and it ain’t with ‘lil Joe and frends unfortunately.

Fuck knows who’ll clean that mess up. It’s not like they’ll stop smashing things up even if trump loses power. They don’t have a cohesive message, goal, leadership or apparently even a single brain cell between them so I fear the worst. I have fond memories of flying a kite on Portland beach - place is a literal war zone right now because the only people willing to defend it with any zeal are the gun toting rednecks most people seem so keen to hate. 🤷‍♂️
What a shit show