US 2020 Election Prediction

Moderators: Balou, Twichaldinho

Nuggz

Re: US 2020 Election Prediction

Post by Nuggz »

Well I certainly hope my part about Trump tampering with/sabotaging the election, is not remotely right. But he's already sure as shit trying with the USPS.

Personally I think our views differ on the "protests" and their portrayal in the media. I can assure many outlets are doing far from painting a picture of "peaceful protests", quite the contrary rather (as you may imagine). I think there lies some half-truths on both sides, though I think ultimately the warzone scene you laid out, is a bit off the mark to say the least. I have a few good friends that live in downtown Portland (and more close friend and actual family in Seattle), and many have assured me personally and via social media that most protests are actually quite civil and peaceful, and anything remotely like what you describe overwhelmingly the exception, rather than the norm. I tend to trust these people I know well and personally a hell of a lot more than either news narrative at this point. Edit to add: also, while we're at it Trump didn't "threaten to send in the national guard" he sent in unmarked (potentially) federal agents under the direction of the DHS, which have been linked to agents from the US Marshall Service, ICE, CBP oh and wait for it, Blackwater (a private militia of mercenaries acting as agents of the state, wow that's not problematic :roll: ) to wreak illicit, unconstitutional terror on his perceived opposition in Portland.

With that said, under the assumption that they are peaceful, I think writing them off is aimless, misguided chaos, is a bit essentialist at best. But I'll just respect that we won't see eye-to-eye on this, nor your prescription of of AOC and her "band of merry fuckwits" (although your assessments of the current Dem ticket are mostly on the money, that I concede - Sanders/Cortez would be the ticket I'd like to see, if we're gonna do the old white man + Woman POC combo, anyway). I do agree that the left can be insufferable and eat it's own tail with its often holier-than-thou prescription of right and wrong, overzealous PC culture, and the like. Still, if I look at the general compass of morality and have to pick a side, it seems a plain choice to me.

OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Fri 14th Aug 2020 10:04 am I think ultimately the warzone scene you laid out, is a bit off the mark to say the least. I have a few good friends that live in downtown Portland (and more close friend and actual family in Seattle), and many have assured me personally and via social media that most protests are actually quite civil and peaceful, and anything remotely like what you describe overwhelmingly the exception, rather than the norm. I tend to trust these people I know well and personally a hell of a lot more than either news narrative at this point.
It's difficult to know what to believe is really happening on the ground. I'm sure your appraisal of the conflicting media reports are accurate.
My cousin has pulled her daughter out of PSU as she reportedly didn't feel safe on campus. In her words. "The Antifa kids are running the show, threatening anyone that dares to disagree with violence and intimidation. Smashing the place up on a regular basis."' That was a couple weeks ago to be fair. I haven't spoken with her since.
Comus

Post by Comus »

so the upshot is ... judging from what the sanctimonious, nuevo-falangist, 4/8 chan forum reading, alt-reich, libitarian, keyboard warriors say on the interweb ...is that KH for VP is bad mmkay .... Biden for POTUS is bad mmkay ... postal voting is bad mmkay .... anything left of Anton Mussert is bad mmkay ..... orange loofah faced shit gibbon for re-election is bad mmkay but i will vote for the idiot cockwomble anyway

no wonder the country is so fucked when people disguise their love of far-right golobalisation so successfully :mrgreen:
I'm in shocks and stares
macky

Post by macky »

Comes your bang on ...was not me it was the other guy .
Onmofo not sure where you get your news ..Portland is one federal building on one block only right wing media would say the towns on fire . Seattle is big on left and right groups who protest every thing hence why he sent troops there ...it’s a photo op only ..I suggest You read the Atlantic magazine if you would like options from left and right with intelligent views on issues.
Flemish

Post by Flemish »

Where’s Allen Dulles and James Angleton when you REALLY need them?
Murder Not Foul!
ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Post by ed the head »

how about a joint :?: :idea: :mrgreen:
He who tries to shine dims his own light
macky

Post by macky »

ed the head wrote: Fri 14th Aug 2020 03:14 pm how about a joint :?: :idea: :mrgreen:
Hear you Ed But when more then one says joe fell in Trumps trap by picking a women it is sexist .
Biden promised to pick a women 6months ago at last debate .So unless you live under a rock ,it came as no surprise.
That black women who are backbone of Democratic Party pushed for a qualified black VP.
Trump is running on a Nixon 1967 law and order platform makes sense to pick moderate law and order VP
Because you no they are painting them as radical left . The fact she is the only black senator and the only one who has executive experience running a big government....and Fuck can she throw a punch ,too be progressive is more then a bumper sticker sometimes you live to fight another ...now joint time
Comus

Post by Comus »

macky wrote: Fri 14th Aug 2020 12:18 pm Comes your bang on ...was not me it was the other guy .
Onmofo not sure where you get your news ..Portland is one federal building on one block only right wing media would say the towns on fire . Seattle is big on left and right groups who protest every thing hence why he sent troops there ...it’s a photo op only ..I suggest You read the Atlantic magazine if you would like options from left and right with intelligent views on issues.
i hasten to add the "mmkay's" in my post was me attempting to parody mr mackey from south park and nothing whatsoever to do with your upstanding self ... :thumbup: :mrgreen:
I'm in shocks and stares
ed the head

Post by ed the head »

macky wrote: Fri 14th Aug 2020 04:14 pm
ed the head wrote: Fri 14th Aug 2020 03:14 pm how about a joint :?: :idea: :mrgreen:
Hear you Ed But when more then one says joe fell in Trumps trap by picking a women it is sexist .
Biden promised to pick a women 6months ago at last debate .So unless you live under a rock ,it came as no surprise.
That black women who are backbone of Democratic Party pushed for a qualified black VP.
Trump is running on a Nixon 1967 law and order platform makes sense to pick moderate law and order VP
Because you no they are painting them as radical left . The fact she is the only black senator and the only one who has executive experience running a big government....and Fuck can she throw a punch ,too be progressive is more then a bumper sticker sometimes you live to fight another ...now joint time
all well and good, except it doesn't matter and it wanders off the original topic
Trmup Dictatorship Coming
:mrgreen:
JOINT
Comus

Post by Comus »

stay woke and vote Kanye for POTUS bro's :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I'm in shocks and stares
ed the head

Post by ed the head »

:lol:
Comus wrote: Fri 14th Aug 2020 08:16 pm stay woke and vote Kanye for POTUS bro's :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:lol:
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Y la violencia trae la violencia
La corrupción la destrucción
¿Honestidad donde te has ido?
Que no te encuentro ya...
macky

Post by macky »

Cumas I got the dig on globalization but I thought I-would ignore it .
Your not only European who thinks Canadians only care about trade lol
With Hungary and Belarus I understand why Citizens of EU have to worry about there own crack pot what to be dictators .
But hey we put up with it for trade ..he who lives in glass houses lol
Comus

Post by Comus »

macky wrote: Sat 15th Aug 2020 12:21 pm Cumas I got the dig on globalization but I thought I-would ignore it .
Your not only European who thinks Canadians only care about trade lol
With Hungary and Belarus I understand why Citizens of EU have to worry about there own crack pot what to be dictators .
But hey we put up with it for trade ..he who lives in glass houses lol
nah you got me all wrong man .... i was diggin' at the global spread of retarded rightism and i hadn't even thought to bring canada into the frame on this, mostly because they have nothing to do with the thread topic.

being a welsh bloke living in the uk i have massive expertise and first hand knowledge in how to judge fucked up countries are on account of living in one of the most fucked up countries for the last 50 years :mrgreen:
I'm in shocks and stares
macky

Post by macky »

Sorry thought you where one of those anti -globalization because its only brought billions out of poverty lol
Not thinking Brexit will help you get a way from the government you got :(
There’s a rightism in America ,but mostly backlash on progressive moves last few years .
The religious right thinks every thing is out to get them NASA always trying to prove there’s no god .Little boys trying to use girls bathrooms . Important shit . Would mention abortion but that’s a personal choice for or against ,strange that there seems to be the same crowd that believe personal freedom on mask .Have no problem telling people what rights they have to there own bodies .