About ourselves.

Moderators: tuttiflutes, chillers2, Balou

mazdog

Post by mazdog »

hehehe you stoner

'enjoy the pain while it lasts' - Dj TRON
laidbackfreak

Post by laidbackfreak »

sorry to drag up an old thread but seen a couple of posts on topic lately thought id add mine...

thats a work in progress....

I've got a star on my right foot (mrs has one on her left matching we got em done at Hanky Pankys year ago :-D )
triskell on my left wrist
bird of prey on right upper arm
third eye floating in blue sky on the right of my chest and a snake on the left that curls over the shoulder n down left arm
add in a 9mm nipple ring and 5mm pa thinks thats covers it all :lol:
anything i say to offend is purely innocent...
geoffk

Post by geoffk »

Damn, that's some nice work there. I've only got three: a large Haida style backpiece, full sleeve (recently finished) on my left arm, and a little buddha on my right arm.
ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Post by ed the head »

Sorry I missed this thread earlier, I love tattoos and even more so, peoples stories behind them, they're often facsinating.

I have three at the moment.

1. First was the Pinyin characters for Tao Te Ching Lao Tzu on my left arm.

2. A Yin Yang and the Pinyin characters for 'Yin' and 'Yang' on my right arm. Above this is the word 'Moon' my (now!) ex wife's nickname :shock: (which is why I recommend against putting a spouse or girlfriends name on your body!). I have since added the word 'Blue' to this and surrounded these words with a Stratocaster guitar head since I named my guitar 'Blue Moon' :lol:

3. Is the cartoon character I use as my GIF on this site, he has a thought ballon above his head that says 'Amsterdam is mijn Mekka' and below this image I put the years I have visited, 2006, 2007, 2008, and next month, 2009, YEAH!
He who tries to shine dims his own light
SoulRider

Post by SoulRider »

Hope you don't visit too often, you might need more body space, lol
Just trying to be 'En Vogue'
ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Post by ed the head »

SoulRider wrote:Hope you don't visit too often, you might need more body space, lol
:lol: Well, even if I am lucky enough to EVER get there more than once a year, I will only put ONE year per year (if that makes ANY sense), since the purpose is to perform a Hadj (sacred pilgrimage).

Anyhow, there's room for 10-15 years before it runs off my foot, if I make it that far, I'll figure something out. I have the other calf still untouched. :D
He who tries to shine dims his own light
Clayman

Post by Clayman »

had a similar thread on another board i use. gonna bump this with a copy paste of my collection to date.

ok, im FINALLY gonna post in this thread with my pics. claywoman took all these for me.

my first, got it the week i graduated highschool. to remind me of home. (i thought i'd be much farther away by now....)

my second, done at the same place as the first, Adam Bomb Gallery in Milwaukee. THe law in illinois used to be 21 for tattoos. so i went to WI to avoid going to a shitty shop. great tattoo shop. this is my own design, we always called it the metal as fuck tree, which it is. though its more hippyish than anything to me.

Chicago skyline. the star is for columbia's campus. Board of Trade, Sears, Hancock. my own design again, he didnt make the bold outline bold enough for how i saw it, ill have someone do that someday. darkest hour lyrics in the banner. kinda feels like a bad omen though, since my friends didnt start literally dying until after i got the tattoo.

my first custom tattoo, and my first friendship tattoo. done by my friend rodney taylor, his color treatment is amazing. bouncing souls heart. lawrence arms "key to the city." (the blade of the key is hard to see in this photo, but look close)

very old rise against artwork done by rodney. says alot about me. my body didnt like the red ink much, and i was working stock at best buy so it healed crappy and the color isnt solid, which should bother me, but it doesnt. he drew it up from a cloth patch i cut off my sweatshirt. then he said he coulda done the drawing with it still sewn on...

suffer kid, its a lighter tattoo because i wanted to see what it would be like to not use an outline, besides a pain in the ass for rodney. it looks pretty cool i think, will stand out more as i fill in the rest of that arm someday.

my chest bar says You Only Live Once in german. done in germany by a girl with a VERY heavy hand. hurt unbelievably for 3 hours while i listened to we are the union and the riot before. to this day the entire thing is raised up noticeably if you touch it. probably will blur out early, but its fun to run my fingers over.

heres some of my in progress sleeve. A guardian Foo Dog on the bottom, some wind and waves, a GIANT phoenix at the top. there will be clounds and a rising sun motif at the top to fill in space. that wrist session suuucked pretty bad. thank god for morphine. unfortunatly i dont have the money to finish the whole thing before i go away. gonna start selling shit i dont need. and rodney is gonna start letting me work for tattoo time, dude is the shit!
2 punk rockers in the Big Smokey 4/3-4/9
Puffin13

Post by Puffin13 »

You have some really nice Tatts there, Clayman. Thanks for sharing them with us. :D Peace.
Cannabis is The Tree of Life
evergrey1968

Post by evergrey1968 »

I have the Seal Of Rassilon from Doctor Who on my left shoulder and a Marillion lyric on my right -

"You Provide The Soul,
The Spark That Drives Me On,
Makes Me Something More
Than Flesh & Bone
But When You're Gone
I Never Land"

Haven't got any pics to hand....will try and sort something out
geoffk

Post by geoffk »

Nice work there Clayman. Seal of Rassilon. Interesting. I haven't seen any Who tat work, at least state side that is. Image
evergrey1968

Post by evergrey1968 »

Hehehehe....did a double take there - that looks *exactly* the same as mine, except I have a small mole that couldn't be worked over.
Sir Niall of Essex-sire

Post by Sir Niall of Essex-sire »

I have to say im of the same feelings as Boner. I can appreciate tatoos, but everyones got one these days so im going to avoid them.
Defeating evil with a thing called love
Boner

Post by Boner »

Sir Niall of Essex-sire wrote:I have to say im of the same feelings as Boner. I can appreciate tatoos, but everyones got one these days so im going to avoid them.
:lol: I wrote that 3 years ago, I actually feel quite differant now but thats because I'm addicted to the Miami/LA Ink tv shows, I think if I had the money I'd travel to LA and get Kat Von D to do a portrait and I'd get Corey (sp?) to do a full sleeve free hand style, both artists work is simply amazing.
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

Boner wrote:
Sir Niall of Essex-sire wrote:I have to say im of the same feelings as Boner. I can appreciate tatoos, but everyones got one these days so im going to avoid them.
:lol: I wrote that 3 years ago, I actually feel quite differant now but thats because I'm addicted to the Miami/LA Ink tv shows, I think if I had the money I'd travel to LA and get Kat Von D to do a portrait and I'd get Corey (sp?) to do a full sleeve free hand style, both artists work is simply amazing.
i know better ,dont waste yer money...let me know..
rockin into the night
Boner

Post by Boner »

USBONGLORD wrote:
Boner wrote:
i know better ,dont waste yer money...let me know..
If I ever do it I will let you know, have you shown the people on the forum your coffeeshop tattoos, pretty sure most would like to see them.
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972